What's new

China rolls out AWACS aircrafts for Pakistan Air Force

No one is telling that ZDK-03 is a crap... it will better the saab erieye...just trying to find out the capabilities of the

who don't wants to know, just have to wait. it will probably be reveled at the induction ceremony. u know the strategy of Chinese military for leaking complete information publicly, its simply impossible so early.

ZDK-03.jpg

ZDK-03 is an export AWACS system being developed for the Pakistani Air Force. This project was initiated in the early 2000. A prototype (serial # T0518/Project 021) based on Y-8 Category II Platform was first discovered at CFTE in early 2006. Unlike KJ-200, this variant carries a tranditional rotodome above its fuselage, with a mechanically rotating antenna inside. Therefore the Y-8 AWACS was speculated to be developed for the export market only as it appears less advanced than KJ-200 which features a fixed AESA radar. The AEW radar may be the product of the 38th Institute/CETC, but no details are available. The aircraft also features a solid nose and tail as well as two small vertial tail stablizers. The Y-8 AWACS protoype was promoted to Pakistani AF in 2006. After some negotiations a much improved design has been under development based on PAF's specifications. The variant is now dubbed ZDK-03 and is based on the new Y-8 Category III Platform featuring 6-blade propellers. It was reported in early 2009 that a total of 4 has been ordered by PAF in a $278m deal, with the first one to be delivered by the end of 2010. ZDK-03 is expected to serve as an airborne command & control center for the JF-17 fighter fleet.

ZDK-03.jpg

ZDK-03 is an export AWACS system being developed for the Pakistani Air Force. This project was initiated in the early 2000. A prototype (serial # T0518/Project 021) based on Y-8 Category II Platform was first discovered at CFTE in early 2006. Unlike KJ-200, this variant carries a tranditional rotodome above its fuselage, with a mechanically rotating antenna inside. Therefore the Y-8 AWACS was speculated to be developed for the export market only as it appears less advanced than KJ-200 which features a fixed AESA radar. The AEW radar may be the product of the 38th Institute/CETC, but no details are available. The aircraft also features a solid nose and tail as well as two small vertial tail stablizers. The Y-8 AWACS protoype was promoted to Pakistani AF in 2006. After some negotiations a much improved design has been under development based on PAF's specifications. The variant is now dubbed ZDK-03 and is based on the new Y-8 Category III Platform featuring 6-blade propellers. It was reported in early 2009 that a total of 4 has been ordered by PAF in a $278m deal, with the first one to be delivered by the end of 2010. ZDK-03 is expected to serve as an airborne command & control center for the JF-17 fighter fleet.

If you would have gone just 1 page back on post number 152, it would have saved a lot of your time by not repeating the information:coffee:

You know its funny.. how the Indians here suddenly turn all "bheegi" billi after making a cynical statement that ticks a mod off..
They come with sudden praising statements..to mask their previous condescending tones..
"I dindt mean dhat..yes its gud fer the PAF....excellent wurk"

The ZDK-03 is AESA..
Its mounted on a rotating dome.. presumably to provide 360 coverage..
As far as the genius who came up with the" KJ-2000 is larger and so it can use the AESA systems and yada yada"
read the article posted previously.. use a little intelligent deduction..
and you might see how the ZDK-03 might be an AESA as well.
The rotating dome was needed to provide 360 coverage..
A derivative of the T/R modules used in the KJ-2000..would be in there..
The rotating dome ensures 360 coverage..
The KJ-2000 takes care of the problem using 3 different arrays..
to save on T/R modules.. they put the system on a rotadome...effective.
I have yet to hear of any "downgraded" Chinese systems in our service.. in quite a few cases.. our Chinese airframes have better avionics and systems compared to their relatives back home.

once again i repet that can any member tell me the range of radar of zdk and numbers of trget it lock at a time

Do you have any idea what AESA or PESA or other types of radars are ??

I don't think so, so quit trolling before i send you packing.

Get your burning arse out of here and don't derail this thread.

you took your time to slap that roll up his face
I was just reading through how people were still explaining to him while he continued his BS

we will have eight of total AWACS and non of them have refueling probe....?
don't they ever need to fly more then their normal range.????

we will have eight of total AWACS and non of them have refueling probe....?
don't they ever need to fly more then their normal range.????

I think endurance standard for PAF was 10 Hrs thats more than enough. There must be a break for AC after this for maintenance......the shifts will be of 4 awacs a time which will cover good 20 hours a day

You know its funny.. how the Indians here suddenly turn all "bheegi" billi after making a cynical statement that ticks a mod off..
They come with sudden praising statements..to mask their previous condescending tones..
"I dindt mean dhat..yes its gud fer the PAF....excellent wurk"

The ZDK-03 is AESA..
Its mounted on a rotating dome.. presumably to provide 360 coverage..
As far as the genius who came up with the" KJ-2000 is larger and so it can use the AESA systems and yada yada"
read the article posted previously.. use a little intelligent deduction..
and you might see how the ZDK-03 might be an AESA as well.
The rotating dome was needed to provide 360 coverage..
A derivative of the T/R modules used in the KJ-2000..would be in there..
The rotating dome ensures 360 coverage..
The KJ-2000 takes care of the problem using 3 different arrays..
to save on T/R modules.. they put the system on a rotadome...effective.
I have yet to hear of any "downgraded" Chinese systems in our service.. in quite a few cases.. our Chinese airframes have better avionics and systems compared to their relatives back home.

no one is turning out to be a "bheegi" billi because there is no where concrete proof about ZDK -03 having AESA or not ....
so if you can show some proof regarding your claims show it...

I think endurance standard for PAF was 10 Hrs thats more than enough. There must be a break for AC after this for maintenance......the shifts will be of 4 awacs a time which will cover good 20 hours a day

well i was wrong about eight. six will serve PAF two will join PN.(acc to Sir.fatman) i could be wrong too.

Bhaiyoun nai nai khurak di hai hazam hone mai thora time lagta hai.CHILL
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

no one is turning out to be a "bheegi" billi because there is no where concrete proof about ZDK -03 having AESA or not ....
so if you can show some proof regarding your claims show it...
If you dont know about something...isn't it better to keep quite....and btw here you wont find people shouting on their developments like in India where DRDO even annouces it estimates for possibilities in 2015. Pakistani Military has transformed into a black box where you dont know whats happening inside......the only sources are leaks here so if you are not convinced that it is not an AESA then quit the discussion. its very simple i guess no rocket signs:coffee:

If you dont know about something...isn't it better to keep quite....and btw here you wont find people shouting on their developments like in India where DRDO even annouces it estimates for possibilities in 2015. Pakistani Military has transformed into a black box where you dont know whats happening inside......the only sources are leaks here so if you are not convinced that it is not an AESA then quit the discussion. its very simple i guess no rocket signs:coffee:

Most of these characters are call center types.. best to leave it at that.
And it is an AESA...with an antenna design concept design similar to this
AN/APY-9 Airborne Early Warning Radar | Lockheed Martin
specifically.. this part:
"The new rotodome contains an electronically scanned array that provides critically important, continuous, 360-degree scanning."

Back
Top Bottom