What's new

China rapidly narrows technology gap with S. Korea

So overall Korean technology is still ahead than that of China?

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .
The "truth" that you said is simply your own assumption. The experts in this field doesnt agree with you. I have given you evidence: both Panasonic boss and the other expert that you guys downplay because simply not according to what you want to believe.

The OLED is "technology promotion" is totally nonsense, because oled has been mass produced and selling. Even if it is still called promotion - so what?? It doesnt mean that we have to ignore the technological achievement.

You are WRONG and dummies.

WRONG, because It is not only LG that invest and produce OLED, most display maker also invest and produce OLED.

Dummie, because I have given you evidence, but again and again you ignore them or unable to discern maybe. :hitwall:

These are other company that produce or invest in OLED technology beside LG:
BOE Technology
CSOT
Visionox
Tianma
Sony
and many more ...

So stop BULSSYIT and pretend to be expert! find fact, and open your eyes widely to see the truth.

This is the FACT about OLED prospect

Investing in OLEDs: discover the next big thing
OLED is a new exciting technology, enabling thin, efficient and bright displays and lighting. Many people consider OLEDs to be the next-generation display, television and lighting tech. The potential sales of OLEDs in the next few years is billion of dollars. In fact, the OLED display market today is estimated at 600M$, and is forecasted to grow to 5.5B$ by 2015. OLED lighting will take off (hopefully) by 2011, and reach 6B$ in revenue in 2018.

OLED companies
There are many companies working on OLEDs, from big corporations like Sony, Samsung, LG, Kodak and GE, to small research and IP companies.
Investing in OLEDs: discover the next big thing | OLED-Info

I hope this is an opening eyes for you guys who are so myopic due to blind nationalistic and cannot accept the fact that other country is still ahead than you.
Show me evidence that saying otherwise if you still disagree :cheers:
You are a joker, arean't you? How many times do I have to explain to you that big display companies will hedge against failure and invest in multiple display technology. OLED is one of it. It does not mean OLED will dominate the display market in the next 5-10. As I have said before, LED will remain the dominant display for now and the foreseeable future, especially with the emerging of Quantum Dot LED.

And larger than BMW considering how BMW have been in the US market for far longer.
LOL. BMW is a luxury brand. Of course they will have small market share to the cheap brand like Hyundai. There is a reason Hyundai owned Kia brand is market differently.

Of course, afterall, this is JAPAN we are talking about.

:)

China will be the first to both master the nano and the astro. From molecules to moons.

You are a joker, arean't you? How many times do I have to explain to you that big display companies will hedge against failure and invest in multiple display technology. OLED is one of it. It does not mean OLED will dominate the display market in the next 5-10. As I have said before, LED will remain the dominant display for now and the foreseeable future, especially with the emerging of Quantum Dot LED.

LOL. BMW is a luxury brand. Of course they will have small market share to the cheap brand like Hyundai. There is a reason Hyundai owned Kia brand is market differently.

Nontechnical people with no background in optoelectronics might think OLED must be better than LED but the reality is that organics have massive massive massive problems compared to inorganic semiconductors.

Gambit does not represent the average American.

The average American is not ethnically Vietnamese.

Gambit's views are indicative of a tiny minority (e.g. Vietnamese with American passports).
No wonder I saw a twisted mind behind....
BTW do you go to 世界军坛和文学城? I go there everyday but never commented for 20 years.
Maybe...How about you go first considering you admitted you have no education about technology in general, and now you are grossly wrong on how to assess a country's technology level ?
Again you showed your biggest problem of making assumptions and projections. I finished my BC and MBA from top ranking universities nearly 20 years ago. Not even one of my classmates was people of your ethnicity. I also have a long CV including managing our business at CDO Mindanao Philippines, Banjarmasin Indonesia and Bellary India and many more; Visited Indian Union Minister of Mining's home in his hometown of Vizag; Held acquisition talks with business partner in Graz Austria.....
Do these qualify me to make comments about this very topic?
And don't tell me those 18000+ messages you made were all about weather/traffic reports or how to make bread for chicken roll, one of the few things you are proficient at.
This is about the silent readers. In a manner of speaking, I am arguing on their behalf.
LOL, this equals to Kim Kardashian saying she is doing all she does on behalf the girls in silence.
From what I just read -- YOU are.
Unlike people of your ethnicity, We Chinese love the country we are in and are a big contributor to local economy. One of our undergoing projects will employ 200+ locals.
www.theadvocate.com.au/.../states-biggest-mine-in-50-years-granted-lease/
Who is dimwit here?

My degrees are not in social science or engineering so I am not going to walk into a lengthy academic discussion about the history of technological and social development of countries
you admitted you have no education about technology in general,
See the difference? What a twisted and traumatized mind.................

Do you read what Experts say in the article I have given above?

OLED have potential to dominate market replacing LED (which is LCD + back lite)

Why do small player want to spend huge money to hedge? silly joker :laugh:

The "truth" that you said is simply your own assumption. The experts in this field doesnt agree with you. I have given you evidence: both Panasonic boss and the other expert that you guys downplay because simply not according to what you want to believe.

The OLED is "technology promotion" is totally nonsense, because oled has been mass produced and selling. Even if it is still called promotion - so what?? It doesnt mean that we have to ignore the technological achievement.

You are WRONG and dummies.

WRONG, because It is not only LG that invest and produce OLED, most display maker also invest and produce OLED.

Dummie, because I have given you evidence, but again and again you ignore them or unable to discern maybe. :hitwall:

These are other company that produce or invest in OLED technology beside LG:
BOE Technology
CSOT
Visionox
Tianma
Sony
and many more ...

So stop BULSSYIT and pretend to be expert! find fact, and open your eyes widely to see the truth.

This is the FACT about OLED prospect

Investing in OLEDs: discover the next big thing
OLED is a new exciting technology, enabling thin, efficient and bright displays and lighting. Many people consider OLEDs to be the next-generation display, television and lighting tech. The potential sales of OLEDs in the next few years is billion of dollars. In fact, the OLED display market today is estimated at 600M$, and is forecasted to grow to 5.5B$ by 2015. OLED lighting will take off (hopefully) by 2011, and reach 6B$ in revenue in 2018.

OLED companies
There are many companies working on OLEDs, from big corporations like Sony, Samsung, LG, Kodak and GE, to small research and IP companies.
Investing in OLEDs: discover the next big thing | OLED-Info

I hope this is an opening eyes for you guys who are so myopic due to blind nationalistic and cannot accept the fact that other country is still ahead than you.
Show me evidence that saying otherwise if you still disagree :cheers:

LOLs. You are a truly JOKER boy :lol:

Does China car success in America?

Live with fact! that China still fail to enter USA market, while at least Hyundai selling in USA and get good score in term of quality recently

:laugh:

But their technology is not Chinese achievement.

Then Sweden can say that Volvo technology is Sweded technology.

Because chinese car still low in quality.

From 2010, then Volvo technology already fall into chinese hand, but still chinese car's quality is bad? :lol:

Ohhh... is there any other sentence that saying Chinese car is already on par with international brand in term of quality?

I am admired with your joke talent :omghaha:

Doesnt matter. CLSA is not stupid - they test on 2 chinese leading (the best) car in 2014.

You really dont know what you are talking, and dummie.

I've told you most China display maker already produce OLED panel, and you keep saying that they are not producing their own OLED panel?

Find fact, educate your self before speak please.

It is so hillarious to see dummie and blind fanboy like you say other people clueless about business.
Please find fact, before you get humiliated further.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Where is your proof that Chinese panel makers are producing OLEDs?

I want actual proof from the companies themselves, not rumours from websites.

Give them to me and I will analyse it.

No wonder I saw a twisted mind behind....
BTW do you go to 世界军坛和文学城? I go there everyday but never commented for 20 years.

Again you showed your biggest problem of making assumptions and projections. I finished my BC and MBA from top ranking universities nearly 20 years ago. Not even one of my classmates was people of your ethnicity. I also have a long CV including managing our business at CDO Mindanao Philippines, Banjarmasin Indonesia and Bellary India and many more; Visited Indian Union Minister of Mining's home in his hometown of Vizag; Held acquisition talks with business partner in Graz Austria.....
Do these qualify me to make comments about this very topic?
And don't tell me those 18000+ messages you made were all about weather/traffic reports or how to make bread for chicken roll, one of the few things you are proficient at.
I do not care about your CV. Anyone can make up anything about himself or herself on the Internet. But if you are going to opine about subjects not in your specialty or specialties, and if your opinion is wrong, either factually or analytically, then be prepared to be challenged and even proven wrong by those who do have experience in those subjects. When you said that the best indicator of a country's technological level is of military technology, you are wrong. Simple as that.

After we were flooded with jokes from some joker, , now it is time to hear to what Experts in this field talking about OLED prospect.

World Organic LED Market

Opportunities and Forecasts, 2014 - 2020

OLED also known as organic light emitting diode is a flat light emitting technology developed by placing thin organic film between two conductors. OLED technology is garnering more acceptance among end users as it is thinner, brighter, lightweight, power efficient and offers higher contrast compared to LCDs. OLEDs offer wide viewing angles, faster response times, higher contrast ratios and more saturated colors to enhance viewing experience of end users. OLED is one of the most promising display and lighting technologies that has the capability of offering power efficiency lighting and is superior compared to the fluorescent tubes and incandescent bulbs. OLED technology helps end user to create flexible display and lighting panels. OLEDs are more expensive than LED and LCD products. However, price of these products would decrease gradually once the products get more acceptance among the end users.

Various emerging and developed economies around the world are working towards switching to energy efficient lighting solutions. Experts have predicted that OLED technology would meet the required performance and pricing targets, which would facilitate smooth transition from conventional to efficient lighting solutions. Moreover, government and industry funding for R&D is expected to boost the process of addressing the technological challenges of the world OLED lighting solution.

The report segments the OLED market based on application, display type, applications of OLED display panel, OLED lighting end users and geography. Based on application, the OLED market is segmented into display and lighting. Based on display type, the world OLED display market is segmented into AMOLED and PMOLED. Television and monitors, smartphone, notebooks and tablets, automotive and others are the major application areas of OLED display. Based on end users, the world OLED lighting market is segmented into commercial, residential and industrial. Further, by geography the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific and LAMEA (Latin America, Middle East and Africa).

Some of the key players profiled in the report are LG Electronics Inc., Koninklijke Philips N.V., OSRAM GmbH, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd., Panasonic Corporation, Novaled GmbH, Au Optronics Corp., E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company, Cambridge Display Technology Limited and Universal Display Corporation.

Organic LED Market Key Benefits:
  • The study provides an in-depth analysis of the OLED market with current and future trends to elucidate the imminent investment pockets in the market
  • Current and future trends adopted by the key market players are highlighted to determine overall competitiveness of the market
  • Porters Five Forces analysis and SWOT analysis of the key market players are provided to illustrate the business strategies adopted by buyers and suppliers
  • The report provides information regarding key drivers, restraints and opportunities with their impact analysis for the forecast period
  • Various operating segments of the OLED market are carefully analyzed to measure the potential of the emerging market
  • The quantitative analysis of the market through 2014-2020 is provided to elaborate the market potential
OLED Market Segments
The market is segmented based on application, OLED display type, OLED display application, OLED lighting market by end users and geography.

BY APPLICATION

• Display
  • Lighting
BY TYPE

• PMOLED
  • AMOLED
BY APPLICATION

• Television and Monitors
  • Smartphones
  • Notebooks and Tablets
  • Automotive
  • Others
BY END USERS

• Commercial
  • Residential
  • Industrial
BY GEOGRAPHY

• North America
  • Europe
  • Asia Pacific
  • LAMEA
KEY PLAYERS

• LG Electronics Inc.
  • Koninklijke Philips N.V.
  • OSRAM GmbH
  • Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
  • Panasonic Corporation
  • Novaled GmbH
  • Au Optronics Corp
  • E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
  • Cambridge Display Technology Limited
  • Universal Display Corporation
Organic LED Market size, share & analysis of OLED technology

These are all PREDICTIONS. OLED has little to no demand among end users which means OLED is merely an promotional technology that will never take off despise lofty predictions.

Your criticism of Hyundai was about market share. And you are wrong about its warranty somehow being 'proof' of its inferior quality to other brands. News for you, American brands have similar warranty periods. Chrysler have 5yr/100,000miles powertrain warranty on its vehicles. Chrysler certainly feels comfortable enough about its engineering to offer it.

Do you read what Experts say in the article I have given above?

OLED have potential to dominate market replacing LED (which is LCD + back lite)

Why do small player want to spend huge money to hedge? silly joker :laugh:
Remember the keyword is "potential". There are many potential in any kind of technological industry. What make one commercial successful and one becoming obsolete will remain to be seen.

I do not care about your CV. Anyone can make up anything about himself or herself on the Internet. But if you are going to opine about subjects not in your specialty or specialties, and if your opinion is wrong, either factually or analytically, then be prepared to be challenged and even proven wrong by those who do have experience in those subjects. When you said that the best indicator of a country's technological level is of military technology, you are wrong. Simple as that.
I named a few places and clues ready getting judged by people since there maybe people here who are familiar or from those places or things I did.
By your analogy, how about you give me some hints about your area of expertise, things like Master of Social Science?

Your criticism of Hyundai was about market share. And you are wrong about its warranty somehow being 'proof' of its inferior quality to other brands. News for you, American brands have similar warranty periods. Chrysler have 5yr/100,000miles powertrain warranty on its vehicles. Chrysler certainly feels comfortable enough about its engineering to offer it.
Stop continue to act like a child and stupid. You can't make a comparison with a Hyundai and BMW because both are target for different demographic and income. If BMW sold their car in the 20,000 range, it would DESTROY the market share of everyone else. But of course, that will not make BMW one the most profitable company in the WORLD.

The issue our patriot address to you is correct. Volvo is becoming a luxury top model SUV brand and it has much more potential than Hyundai which is known as a cheap model that Vietnamese love to ride when where I can tell. LOL

It is hard to measure a country technology prowess on a whole level if you omit military technology. As I said before, many commercial & civilian tech was derived from military tech. In fact, in order to evaluate a country technology level, it is true to understand both the military sphere as well as civilian sphere. This is why US is the top dog because it is strong in both spheres. Russia is strong in the military sphere and yet neglect their civilian tech, does that mean Russia is an India-like tech level? Absolutely not. Nobody can say SK is more technological advance than Russia despite SK is more advance in civilian tech. Yet, people can confidentially say Russia is more advance than SK easily.

Stop continue to act like a child and stupid. You can't make a comparison with a Hyundai and BMW because both are target for different demographic and income. If BMW sold their car in the 20,000 range, it would DESTROY the market share of everyone else. But of course, that will not make BMW one the most profitable company in the WORLD.
It is YOU who needs to grow up. You were wrong about Hyundai and its alleged poor vehicles. Simple as that.

It is hard to measure a country technology prowess on a whole level if you omit military technology.
Really ? Luxembourg have practically no military at all. Are you going to tell us that Luxembourg and its people are technologically ignorant ?

As I said before, many commercial & civilian tech was derived from military tech. In fact, in order to evaluate a country technology level, it is true to understand both the military sphere as well as civilian sphere. This is why US is the top dog because it is strong in both spheres. Russia is strong in the military sphere and yet neglect their civilian tech, does that mean Russia is an India-like tech level? Absolutely not. Nobody can say SK is more technological advance than Russia despite SK is more advance in civilian tech. Yet, people can confidentially say Russia is more advance than SK easily.
Everything you said is either flat out wrong or misunderstood about technology in general. Among technologists, the consensus is that the best measure and assessment of a country's technological savvy lies not in military usage but in civilian applications. That is why back in the Cold War, Warsaw Pact citizens who made it to the West were always astonished at how far ahead is the West compared to the communist world.

All this time you have talking about display technology, what have Russia contributed to that in terms of advancing the technology, not just replicating the manufacturing processes ? What have your China done to the same ? Samsung invented the patterned vertical alignment (PVA) technology. Anything from your China that is equally revolutionary ?

But then again, if you insist on going by your own flawed conception of technology assessment, then you are never wrong.

You mean like how you made up stories about how you served in the US military?
Yup...Made it up so good that it fooled everyone. Yet somehow, only the Chinese are able to see through...

Capability to make hydrogen bombs should be a good measure of a country's technology level.

Well I think both South Korea and the People's Republic of China are definitely giant players in the technological development sector, specifically in nanotechnology , and subspecially in medical nanotechnology research. Both Korea and China bring impressive abilities to the table, not one should be discounted.

The technology gap between South Korean and Chinese manufacturers has been rapidly narrowing over the past few years, and Chinese companies are in hot pursuit in the field of information and communications technology (ICT), a recent survey shows. At the same time, there has been a big drop in the percentage of South Korean manufacturers engaging in research and development, leading to concerns that the South Korea will lose its technological advantage before long. “A survey of 708 companies between October and November of this year found that the technology gap with China has shrunk to an average of 3.3 years, down 0.4 years than 2011, when the average was 3.7 years,” said a recent report about development and technological levels in the South Korean manufacturing industry.

144835231392_20151125.JPG

144835231405_20151125.JPG

Part of the reason for this reduction is because South Korea is now partnering with foreign companies in R&D, which, in turn have reduced the necessity in R&D investment. South Korean companies such as Hyundai, KIA, Samsung are partnering with giant firms such as Hawtai, Panasonic, Sony, Xiaomi to name a few.

On a civic technological consideration, yes , South Korea is slightly a head of China, or at least at par. However, on a military technological consideration, then it is without a doubt that China is ahead. But we have to also make considerations that China and South Korea are not similar players; for one South Korea is a small nation state that is primarily focused on the Korean peninsula and derives its economic growth in export sales to China , Japan, North America and the rest of Asia. China, on the other hand, is a continental sized power, that is connected to North, Central, Western, South, and Southeast Asia through impressive rail links or plans for said rail links. Bound by a vast economic model that encourages Chinese exports to these developing markets, which will only guarantee continued Chinese R&D in various sectors.

So it is unfair to level comparison between China and Korea in regards to technology. Perhaps we have to specific what areas in technology, and then also consider the paradigm of technological partnership that already exists between China and Korea.

Regards!

Sincerely I Remain,
@Nihonjin1051

I work with Chinese engineers on a daily basis and
If you can't provide some hints about your credentials, in light of what you have said to me, I just think you as one of the bakers who severed the Chinese engineers with chicken rolls every morning.
All this time you have talking about display technology, what have Russia contributed to that in terms of advancing the technology, not just replicating the manufacturing processes ? What have your China done to the same ? Samsung invented the patterned vertical alignment (PVA) technology. Anything from your China that is equally revolutionary ?
In times of war, only military tech matters. That is why military tech represents the highest level of counties.
Russian defeated Hitler partly because of its military tech, so did the U.S over Japan.
China sees this,so we see DF21D, Wu14 revolutionary techs.
The tech-advanced SK sees this, so we see Yankee solders are still there protecting them from the North.

Back
Top Bottom