What's new

China rakes visa issue with India

indians are not good at sports anyway, their absence wont affect the quality of the tournament``

Maybe this will help

shaolin_history_01.jpg

The Shaolin Monastery or Shaolin Temple (Chinese: 少林寺; pinyin: Shàolín Sì; Wade–Giles: Shao-lin Ssu; Cantonese Yale: Síulàhm Jih, pronounced [ʂɑ̂ʊ̯lǐn sî]) is a Chán Buddhist temple at Song Shan near Zhengzhou City Henan Province in Dengfeng, China. It is led by Venerable abbot Shi Yǒngxìn. Founded in the 5th century, the monastery is long famous for its association with Chinese martial arts and particularly with Shaolin Kung Fu, and it is the Mahayana Buddhist monastery perhaps best known to the Western world.[1] The Shaolin Monastery and its famed Pagoda Forest were inscribed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 2010 as part of the "Historic Monuments of Dengfeng

The first Shaolin Monastery abbot was Batuo (also called Fotuo or Buddhabhadra, not to be confused with Bodhidharma) a dhyana master who came to China from India in AD 464 to spread Buddhist teachings.[4]

According to the Continued Biographies of Eminent Monks (AD 645) by Dàoxuān, the Shaolin Monastery was built on the north side of Shaoshi, the central peak of Mount Song, one of the Sacred Mountains of China, by Emperor Xiaowen of the Northern Wei Dynasty in AD 477. Yang Xuanzhi, in the Record of the Buddhist Monasteries of Luoyang (AD 547), and Li Xian, in the Ming Yitongzhi (AD 1461), concur with Daoxuan's location and attribution. The Jiaqing Chongxiu Yitongzhi (AD 1843) specifies that this monastery, located in the province of Henan, was built in the 20th year of theTàihé era of the Northern Wei Dynasty, that is, the monastery was built in AD 497.

Kangxi, the second Qing emperor, was a supporter of the Shaolin temple in Henan and he wrote the calligraphic inscriptions that hang over the Heavenly King Hall and the Buddha Hall to this day.
Shaolin Monastery - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Oh, I wish the Indian government had the balls to declare Tibet as a disputed region. :P

Unfortunately for you and me, Sonia prefers the appeasement approach.

Why should we fight for an artificial claim? India never claimed Tibet as its territory....that's a claim for Mr.Lama to make being the leader of the Tibetans...

All we need to do is keep supporting those peaceful Tibetians, not get perturbed by provocation and hold our cards close to our chest......rest of what happens is what your country has coming its way anyways...

All we need to do is keep supporting those peaceful Tibetians, not get perturbed by provocation and hold our cards close to our chest.....rest of what happens is what your country has coming its way anyways...

LOL, yet you complain when Pakistanis say this to you regarding the Mumbai attacks.

China issuing "staple visa" again? i thought Indians claimed China had stopped doing it due to Indians pressure? boy oh boy, "life could be so unpredictable" :undecided:
Anyway i don't think Indians should take it too seriously, come on, its just a "visa", its not like China is sheltering an India government of exile though. :lol:
In my humble opinion, we should all take it easy and move on, "business as usual" what do you think Indians? :partay:

On the contrary, just another thing for GoI to not respond to.

There is no need for any response other than not letting anyone with a stapled visa pass.

I agree and this should be our policy for such stupid chini actions..

China issuing "staple visa" again? i thought Indians claimed China had stopped doing it due to Indians pressure? boy oh boy, "life could be so unpredictable" :undecided:
Anyway i don't think Indians should take it too seriously, come on, its just a "visa", its not like China is sheltering an India government of exile though. :lol:
In my humble opinion, we should all take it easy and move on, "business as usual" what do you think Indians? :partay:

Exactly, we should just ignore such stupid chini actions..

These actions by the Chinese government, are obviously designed to provoke a response from India.

Maybe they want India to declare Tibet as disputed, so they can finish of the Zangnan issue? Or to create an upsurge in nationalist sentiment against India.

Or maybe it is just a big bluff. :azn: Let's see what the GoI does.

I am sorry but none of the reasons have any logic....what kind of response you expect from India?? You are a sovereign nation and can choose to do whatever you wish like....This will only put relations on a back-foot.....nothing else...

Nah ...no business as usual till this is resolved. China stands to loose more than India.....Your trade with India is higher and India has barely made a dent in your market. maybe closing embassies down will send a clear msg of how this is an serious issue for India that needs to be resolved ASAP no stringed along for decades...

These are just stupid comments and invite nothing apart from trolling...GOI has already accepted Tibet as part of China..i don't see a reason to back out from there....

And what does China prefer???

Whats your point.....CHina declared Sikkim a part of India yet they went back on their word several times before clarifying that it is indian territory.

This will only put relations on a back-foot.....nothing else...

Excellent news then. :D

Nah ...no business as usual till this is resolved. China stands to loose more than India.....Your trade with India is higher and India has barely made a dent in your market. maybe closing embassies down will send a clear msg of how this is an serious issue for India that needs to be resolved ASAP no stringed along for decades...

This would be the correct move for India (in theory)... but we all know Sonia Gandhi won't do it.

We have a huge trade surplus with India. But the Indian government refuses to use it as a bargaining tool, because they see increased Sino-Indian trade, as a way to prevent hostilities from breaking out.

This would be the correct move for India (in theory)... but we all know Sonia Gandhi won't do it.

We have a huge trade surplus with India. But the Indian government refuses to use it as a bargaining tool, because they see increased Sino-Indian trade, as a way to prevent hostilities from breaking out.

China can not afford to make more enemies than friends ! At present only friends China seems to have is Pakistan, N. Korea in Asia and African autocracies like Sudan and Zimbabwe ! The repercussions of this action can be far reaching and China will realize this in 10 years when India's economic and diplomatic clout will be a matter of concern for China !

Indo-chinese trade is like giving the annoying dog a bone. If Indo-chinese trade is barred, it won't make a difference to India if compared to China

Back
Top Bottom