What's new

China Preparing Troops to Fight vs. Indian Army in Oxygen-Poor Battlefields

Gurudongmar lake is at an altitude of 18,000 feet. Civilians are not allowed beyond 12 noon in the area by the army.

The oxygen quantity has been measured by the scientific teams of the IA as well as other government labs. There are boards there which tell the same. :)
Thanks I will look into this

Thanks I will look into this

Just to give you an idea, I am attaching a picture I clicked the last time I was there a couple of months back. :)

Attachments

• IMG_20160906_094945.jpg
    IMG_20160906_094945.jpg
    791.1 KB · Views: 27
Indian army is fighting here for more than 30 years- and they have been winning-

Altitude- 6700 meters

291756-siachen-ap-photochanni-anan.jpg

Tiger Hill- 5307 meters

31_1428582944.jpg

0688.jpg

Current Indian PM with troops-

cm-kargil-inner2.jpg

Tololing- 4876 meters of no cover vertical climb

fighting-point.jpg

praying.bmp

Even Pakistanis have far better experience than Chinese at these Heights-

pak.jpg

They too have been fighting fiercely without Oxygen at these height and -20 temperature-

Chinese troops can learn from Pakistanis on various techniques they use-

Chinese are trying and are highly motivated but at these heights experience matters the most- skipping proper acclimatization and sending troops with oxygen cylinders just to increase the numbers can turn out to be disaster of epic proportion-

You just don't know what you're talking about, if your army are so good, why they need to get some HAPO bags.
here to make you understand better why Chinese government care so save our soldier life in high altitude...

army personnel stationed at higher terrains often fall prey to high-altitude pulmonary oedema (Hapo). Hapo is a condition where water collects in lungs of the infected and takes a life-threatening form. The only remedial measure for this illness is to immediately evacuate the soldier to lower altitudes and pump in fresh oxygen. But at these posts, where every move is a laborious exercise, where a helicopter evacuation is at the mercy of the weather gods, the survival options are minimal

care to read the rest if you want, this article if from Indian source

http://forcebharat.blogspot.ca/2008/04/army-orders-for-3000-hapo-bags-to-fight.html

So next time before bragging how Indian army is more adaptive at high altitude than PLA soldier...do a little research. Think how much will cost India to evacuate and treated sick soldiers by helicopters, and if you don't treated time on time , you can say adios to your soldiers. When we bring Oxygen system, not only we save our soldier from unforgiven environment but make them effective to fight at full health and cost China less in the long run.:p:

Last edited:
And I know why Indian army don't need Oxygen gear :lol: probably on next time when fighting against PLA, the deserters can claim to have high altitude sickness and request immediate attention for evacuation, for PLA we don't give them the chance to make such excuse.:p:

Sounds like the Indians always look for an excuse to fail.

And I know why Indian army don't need Oxygen gear :lol: probably on next time when fighting against PLA, the deserters can claim to have high altitude sickness and request immediate attention for evacuation, for PLA we don't give them the chance to make such excuse.:p:

Just like last time two armies fought, they found quite a few excises: no enough food, blankets, bad rifles, cold weather, not prepared ..... :lol:

You just don't know what you're talking about, if your army are so good, why they need to get some HAPO bags.
here to make you understand better why Chinese government care so save our soldier life in high altitude...

care to read the rest if you want, this article if from Indian source

http://forcebharat.blogspot.ca/2008/04/army-orders-for-3000-hapo-bags-to-fight.html

So next time before bragging how Indian army is more adaptive at high altitude than PLA soldier...do a little research. Think how much will cost India to evacuate and treated sick soldiers by helicopters, and if you don't treated time on time , you can say adios to your soldiers. When we bring Oxygen system, not only we save our soldier from unforgiven environment but make them effective to fight at full health and cost China less in the long run.:p:

Some kids believe if they stay on high-altitude terrain long enough, they can turn themselves into Big Horn mountain goats.

These keyboard warriors sitting in the comfort of their home making silly comments, and have no slightest idea what their front-line soldiers in high-altitude terrain have to live through everyday.

Last edited:
Some people believe if they stay on high-altitude terrain long enough, they can turn themselves into Big Horn mountain goats.

This like saying that If I keep swimming, I will be like fish and eventually I need to breath less or not need to breath at all :P. I bet that with the new that our soldiers are equipped with oxygen gear and Oxygen generator, India will rush to do the same, as I mentioned earlier if Indian think they're so good at high altitude, just don't copy us.

The only survival kit Indians need is practicing yoga.

Well, .Modi does lead them in Yoga. He should lead them in battle.

IMG_0231.JPEG

This like saying that If I keep swimming, I will be like fish and eventually I need to breath less or not need to breath at all :P. I bet that with the new that our soldiers are equipped with oxygen gear and Oxygen generator, India will rush to do the same, as I mentioned earlier if Indian think they're so good at high altitude, just don't copy us.

Indians are too proud to Copy. They want to be original.

They are thinking about creating square tires. That is originally.

Interesting. Technically has this been tried in any theatre of war ?
Is the idea to induct troops to a higher altitude at a faster pace ?

As with all mountain warfare. You can only get used to it.

Mountain Warfare Training involve a very serious customization training, breathing technique, how to regulate your heart beat. And how to ascend and descent quickly thru deployment.

Using Oxygen Generator has been tried in Mountain Warfare, but it was used as an supporting function, you don't carry oxygen tank like you are going to scuba diving, instead, you carry a hand portable chemical oxygen generator like the one you use on airplane in case of emergency, which give you around 20 minutes oxygen boost so you can descend in a lower more breathable altitude

I persuade India not to run arm race with China, or your soldiers will suffer a lot.

China builds muscle to deal USA bully, don't get yourself into this mess.

If you call USA - bully, then what are you..

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom