What's new

China Plane Crashes With 132 On Board; No Sign Of Survivors, Says Report

That looks terrible, I can only imagine what the passengers last moments went like. The plane could have possibly been shot down, no way it could have been a fuel shortage/engine failure or something.

Its too little to go by, but it appears that the aircraft is upside down in the 2nd vid. If that's the case it is unlikely to be pilot suicide (why would the pilot crash in such a fashion). Probably loss of one or more control surfaces.

Last edited:
Oh no... Look at this. 90 degree perpendicular to the ground crash. Me using engineering brain to analyzed this case -- very very very unusual. That means 100% control system down, or pilot suicide.

The aerodynamics and control system of aircraft dont allow this kind of spectacular failure.

1647867133453.png

My sadness for the people who died and my commiserations for their loved ones.

would a pilot with suicidal thoughts be able to hold such a steep dive? wouldn't the massive amount of G's will restrict him/her to apply any changes to control serfaces? i don't think this was even recoverable

You are right. Also, wouldn't the co-pilot fight the suicidal pilot ? Some of this will be clear when the cockpit voice recorder and the flight data recorder are recovered, if they survived.

Could be hydraulic failure or any failure related to the horizontal stabiliser.

So why don't they replace hydraulics with fiber-optics-communicated signals to control surfaces powered by multiply backed-up electricity delivery cables ? Would be a simpler and safer system.

Who tf is giving laugh react? Absolute human turd
Indians pull that crap with our air crashes and it always makes me super mad

Boeing again :hitwall: WTF !

US products safety & quality is very poor, their companies only thinks about profit and profit.

FAA also full of corrupt officials

Oh no... Look at this. 90 degree perpendicular to the ground crash. Me using engineering brain to analyzed this case -- very very very unusual. That means 100% control system down, or pilot suicide.

The aerodynamics and control system of aircraft dont allow this kind of spectacular failure.

View attachment 825959

Same position like Silk Air 185 accident in Indonesia (Boeing also)

The cause of some previous 737 crashes, such as United Airlines Flight 585 and USAir Flight 427, had been attributed to the 737's rudder issues. Although the NTSB and PCU manufacturer Parker-Hannifin had already determined that the PCU was properly working, and thus not the cause of the crash, a private and independent investigation into the crash for a civil lawsuit tried by jury in Los Angeles County Superior Court, which was not allowed to hear or consider the NTSB's and Parker-Hannifin's conclusions, decided that the crash was caused by a defective servo valve inside the PCU based on forensic findings from an electron microscope , which determined that minute defects within the PCU had caused the rudder hard-over and a subsequent uncontrollable flight and crash. The manufacturer of the aircraft's rudder controls and the families later reached an out-of-court settlement.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/SilkAir_Flight_185

1157DB89-E834-4993-BEE4-0685EC270CAB.jpeg

Last edited:
So why don't they replace hydraulics with fiber-optics-communicated signals to control surfaces powered by multiply backed-up electricity delivery cables ? Would be a simpler and safer system.

Modern aircraft already have this design. That is what fly-by-wire is. However backup cables are not a part of this design, with the exception of 777 I believe.

Regarding the control surfaces, similar spec electric motors that has similar performance of the hydraulics and that can withstand high speed flight are very bulky. So in the end its about efficiency (and profits).

Regarding the control surfaces, similar spec electric motors that has similar performance of the hydraulics and that can withstand high speed flight are very bulky. So in the end its about efficiency (and profits).

Capitalist profits aside, according to @DrJekyll in post# 53 an electric / digital system system is being used in modern planes.

Monitoring by a mineral company shows that the plane hit the ground at a right angle of almost 90 degrees. In Germany, a pilot committed suicide, and the plane also crashed vertically. I think it's very weird, why does it crash vertically

Capitalist profits aside, according to @DrJekyll in post# 53 an electric / digital system system is being used in modern planes.
Yeah on modern planes like A350 and 787 that have electrically powered backup control systems that can be used even with a total hydraulic failure.

No, that is different. What I was referring to is cables as a system to control surfaces is no longer used. So when a pilot pulls a yoke to pitch the nose of the aircraft up, there is no cable that he is pulling to change the elevator position. He/she is just sending an electrical signal and the flight systems handle the rest. The reason the pilot is still given the same input controls as in old planes is because they are used to it and prefer the tactile feedback.

Yeah on modern planes like A350 and 787 that have electrically powered backup control systems that can be used even with a total hydraulic failure.

OK. But why retain the hydraulics system ? Removing them would simply the plane a lot, yes ? Just keep the electric / digital system.

No, that is different. What I was referring to is cables as a system to control surfaces is no longer used. So when a pilot pulls a yoke to pitch the nose of the aircraft up, there is no cable that he is pulling to change the elevator position. He/she is just sending an electrical signal and the flight systems handle the rest. The reason the pilot is still given the same input controls as in old planes is because they are used to it and prefer the tactile feedback.

I understand that. :) What I meant was the control surfaces moved by electric cables and a little local computer at that end which communicates with the flight system through fiber optics and the communication being cockpit-to-control-surface ( for movement ) and control-surface-computer-to-cockpit ( for display, diagnostics and control ).

saddistic bastards why laughing reaction's , is it soo amusing to feature laughing reaction

I am no aviation expert the tail section is missing

1647870791022.png

Back
Top Bottom