What's new

China Plane Crashes With 132 On Board; No Sign Of Survivors, Says Report

Same as 737-MAX, nose straight down the ground.

1647871441854.png

1647871493362.png

OK. But why retain the hydraulics system ? Removing them would simply the plane a lot, yes ? Just keep the electric / digital system.

I understand that. :) What I meant was the control surfaces moved by electric cables and a little local computer at that end which communicates with the flight system through fiber optics and the communication being cockpit-to-control-surface ( for movement ) and control-surface-computer-to-cockpit ( for display, diagnostics and control ).

As @STREANH already mentioned, hydraulics provide more bang for the buck from a weight perspective and are simpler, especially on larger control surfaces where the force required is greater. Smaller aircraft or smaller surfaces already use electric actuators. As the power to weight ratio improves, it will see greater adoption.

Deep sadness at this tragedy, prayers and thoughts for our Chinese brothers and sisters.

User-friendly interfaces/systems usually prevail - things too complex are not.
So you are saying that despite literally thousands of pilots worldwide certified on the 737 (variants) and the jet is still to complex to fly. Have you researched into cockpits of airliners of the old days when there was a need for a flight engineer and see how many dials and levers there were?

At which point of so called 'logic' from people who know next to zilch about aviation that their arguments entered the absurdity zone? If you guys are willing to speculate about pilot suicides or mechanical errors, then why are you guys so afraid of maintenance, bird strike, or even pilot error?

Don't know why people keep bashing Boeing on this thread. The 737 NG (600-900) series is a reliable workhorse, as safe as the A320 if not safer. By some measures it is actually safer. Air safety is as much a function of maintenance practices as it is of design.

Hundreds of US pilots flies the Max.
We also know the comments from pilots regarding that kit. Boeing cut corners and that was that. However, the -800 has been flying quite a bit without issue so something horrible has to have gone wrong especially for an aircraft to nose dive into the ground.
Making Cherry points on the loss of human lives is deplorable

We also know the comments from pilots regarding that kit. Boeing cut corners and that was that. However, the -800 has been flying quite a bit without issue so something horrible has to have gone wrong especially for an aircraft to nose dive into the ground.
Making Cherry points on the loss of human lives is deplorable
So is jumping to conclusion just to hit on Boeing and US. But I guess since it is US then it is fine to jump to any conclusion.

Don't know why people keep bashing Boeing on this thread. The 737 NG (600-900) series is a reliable workhorse, as safe as the A320 if not safer. By some measures it is actually safer. Air safety is as much a function of maintenance practices as it is of design.
Noooo...??? Really...???

Not sure what’s going on with Boeing but I am now checking listed aircraft while purchasing my tickets. Not flying Boeing anymore.

Not sure what’s going on with Boeing but I am now checking listed aircraft while purchasing my tickets. Not flying Boeing anymore.
They cut corners with the 737 max. The 777 should be OK to fly.

As @STREANH already mentioned, hydraulics provide more bang for the buck from a weight perspective and are simpler, especially on larger control surfaces where the force required is greater. Smaller aircraft or smaller surfaces already use electric actuators. As the power to weight ratio improves, it will see greater adoption.

Below is a Volvo no-hydraulics electric excavator. Surely, if an excavator's bucket and arms can be electrically enabled then a plane's control surfaces can too :

Ah, the wonders of Capitalism. 133 people killed in the crash and tens of thousands of greedy investors in the stock markets worrying over their money.

Last edited:
Ah, the wonders of Capitalism. 133 people killed in the crash and tens of thousands of greedy investors in the stock markets worrying over their money.

Not thousands of greedy retail investors, probably handful of institutional investors.

But then holding on to the stock is not going to undo the tragedy. The market does not have emotions. Or maybe their algorithms got triggered

very sad news, heart goes out to the victims and their grieving families...

Not thousands of greedy retail investors, probably handful of institutional investors.

Still...

But then holding on to the stock is not going to undo the tragedy. The market does not have emotions. Or maybe their algorithms got triggered

Then the unemotional market along with its automatic computerized triggers should have been abolished long ago. As simple as that, yes ? And last year one Israeli member had posted a thread in the 'Science & Technology' section about an Israeli company which had devised an algorithm for quantum computers where the algorithm will be used to predict transactional outcomes in the stock markets. Two thousand years ago Hazrat Isa had warned against usurious money lenders in that region who must all have been Jews and 2000 years later the show in the same region goes on. :sad:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom