What's new

China order 123 AL-31

you are very wrong.
china has stopped the import of al31f (su27)engine from russian now.

The results further shows that the current ws10a engine is good.

PLAAF's j11b(ws10a) of mass production

B8B2e.jpg

j15 with ws10a
C9VSC.jpg

j11bs with ws10a
O5aUH.jpg

OM20I.jpg

i3ODj.jpg

thx Martian

Hopefully these aircrafts will soon send to the EMALS testing field in Shanghai, since our indigenous carrier needs these babies as well.

Don't know why but the import of Al-31f engines is giving me a sniff that there are still engine issues with FC-20 and we might see further delays in their delivery. Anyone having an insight knowledge of FC-20 will be much appreciated

pupu said cac is developing j10c in cdf

what is j10c?

who know?

silent version j10 or twin-ws10 version j10??

Don't know why but the import of Al-31f engines is giving me a sniff that there are still engine issues with FC-20 and we might see further delays in their delivery. Anyone having an insight knowledge of FC-20 will be much appreciated
mani bro
china will import of al31fn (j10)engine in this time ,not al31f(j11)engine
speed,the mod of chinese aviation forum.he said that the reason of j10 not using ws10 is CAC.ws10a is no preblem. otherwise ,ws10a were not used in j11b,j11bs,j15.

Well, it seems China will be stock in copying Russian technologies rather than to start jumping to something more innovative and reliable.

and you think that US didn't copy Russian technology?
Reliable engine technology is not far from Chinese will to built.

Actually, my friend, it's the other way around. The soviets has been spying on us for technologies since they got what they needed from the Germans after the war, and they have been doing it for decades, even today.

Actually, my friend, it's the other way around. The soviets has been spying on us for technologies since they got what they needed from the Germans after the war, and they have been doing it for decades, even today.

It works both ways, the US has obtained everything from fighter aircraft to SAM's and everything in between. If the US was not interested in Soviet/Russian technology than they would not have bothered completely dismantling Victor Belenko's Mig-25 and returning in crates. Than there are American/Russian (defectors) spies that have been caught and charged with espionage.

If I am not mistaken, J-10C is the carrier version. It sports two engines.

But, these are just speculations. We never really know.

Question: Isn't the J-15 supposed to fill the role of a carrier based fighter?

Well Russia has both the Su-33 and MiG-29K types that can operate from carriers.

Maybe PLA is looking at similar combination.

The old J-10As and new J-10Bs still need AL-31s. When they are 100% satisfied with the WS-10 they will install them on single engined jets like the J-10.

pupu said cac is developing j10c in cdf

what is j10c?

who know?

silent version j10 or twin-ws10 version j10??

It is believed to be a twin engine (possibly carrier based) variant of the J-10. My guess is that if it exists it will probably be heavily based on the J-10B.

conclusion:
1. we still need Russia's technology. thanks to Russia.
2. This doesn't prove that china is not able to manufacture reliable engine, it proves for sure that the production of reliable engines doesn't meet China's need currently, considering that China just recently grasp skills to make high level engine.
3. in situation that war may begin between China and some country, China need to prepare more engines in stock in case of war.

It is believed to be a twin engine (possibly carrier based) variant of the J-10. My guess is that if it exists it will probably be heavily based on the J-10B.
No, that's just a rumor. They had a twin engine idea on the drawing board at CAC, but that got scrapped with J-20.

this story might proves once again that China isn't capable to build a reliable jet engine for its jets, so, how long is it going take?. Or, could it be for something else as China is trying to make SCO more cooperative.

Making Jet engine is not piece of cake, Only tech leaders like USA, Russia and other have mastered this technology... I have seen Chinese Fanboys (Infact more Pakistani) "Cuckoo dancing" over WS10 (Chinese engine). By "Cuckoo dancing" one can make engine in PDF not in reality.

Even if China is ready with engine, it will take 10 more years to verify an validate it, then only it can be incorporated..
NOTE: Same applied with India..

Back
Top Bottom