What's new

China May Deliver 300 of Type 99 Main Battle Tank to Pakistan

Saudi wants to buy 500 MBT99 in Billion $, China refused!

Turkey wants to get MBT99 in TOT, we said no way, after that Turkey went for SK's K2 and make the copy named Altay!

Turkey wants to get HQ-9 in TOT, we said no way! after HQ-9 beats everyone in back to back testing!

You can choose whatever you want to have, China is not beg someone to have MBT99!

Case closed!

-Turkey never asked ToT to China for MBT but If you have anything to share which proves me wrong, Than It will be appreciated. Otherwise, Imagines don't make any sense in defence forums.

-Turkey asked ToT not only China, but also all other contender joined into Turkey's T-Loramids tender and It was China overtook all other contenders in terms of cost-ToT issue. I mean If China said "No way to TOT" like you said, You would not have found a seat in this tender of Turkey. ToT issue is a prohibition to be in tender because What Turkey plans is to build own superior Long Altitude SAM system.

Case closed !

Turkey wants to get MBT99 in TOT, we said no way, after that Turkey went for SK's K2 and make the copy named Altay!

Turkey wants to get HQ-9 in TOT, we said no way! after HQ-9 beats everyone in back to back testing!

You can choose whatever you want to have, China is not beg someone to have MBT99!

Case closed!
If KSA would have wanted to buy MBT 99 A2 they would have got it as for Turkey they never wanted to buy MBT-99 only thing they are interested to buy from China is HQ-9

If KSA would have wanted to buy MBT 99 A2 they would have got it as for Turkey they never wanted to buy MBT-99 only thing they are interested to buy from China is HQ-9

You are right! The HQ-9 deal is off now.

Case closed!
when you make such claim, you should provide some stuff to support it.

but I agree with your conclusion, and further more, China will not export MBT99 to nobody, just like our j20 or 52D destroyer. afterall, we don't live on exporting armes like russian and usa do, especially by selling on soft loans. we already had enough of worthless dollars by selling anything we want.

Last edited:
Type+96+Tank+Pictures.jpg

Army would be quite happy with addition of 600 T-99 , Heavy hitter this tank is

but I agree with your conclusion, and further more, China will not export MBT99 to nobody, just like our j20 or 52D destroyer. afterall, we don't live on exporting armes like russian and usa do, especially by selling on soft loans. we already had enough of worthless dollars by selling anything we want.

If that was the case China wouldn't be exporting over 50% of its arms to Pak..

Even in the past when your own arms weren't on the level of European or American weapons .. Pak would modify them .. Fix the kinks ... Give you the info (to correct them) Aswell as serve as a promotional example ... A professional military buying weapons from China (Aswell as US,EU) was good strategy to take other potential buyers into confidence..

Even now several of Chinese weapons did have defects (which Pak helped solve).., your SLC2 arty locating radars and even your A-100 MLRS developed issues which Pak further "developed" and showed you guys aswell...

And that's the reason now several countries are scared of selling weapons to Pak Coz of fears of China getting it hand of the technology !

Also Pak has and never will buy monkey models... We have always bought top of the line systems and customised them to our needs.

SLC2 arty locating radars and even your A-100 MLRS developed issues which Pak further "developed" and showed you guys aswell.
Don't know where did you get this information, but A-100 MLRS has never been used in PLA, so to whom you showed this issue?
If this could be true, then it is good to CALT as they can improve their product and serve the customers better, but meaningless to PLA as they do not order MLRS from CALT but NORINCO

The question of "which variant?" matters more than the acquisition itself...!

The front LOS of Type 99A is about 940~1090 mm, while penetration of BM-42 380 mm, BM-32 400 mm, BM-42M 550~580 mm, so I don't know why guys here said Pakistan need Type 99A. It is over-armored tank for Pakistan

Don't know where did you get this information, but A-100 MLRS has never been used in PLA, so to whom you showed this issue?
If this could be true, then it is good to CALT as they can improve their product and serve the customers better, but meaningless to PLA as they do not order MLRS from CALT but NORINCO

Where is PLA's next-generation MBT?

The point is defense sales is different from other industrial merchandise, selling wrong items to the wrong country might backfire. That's why the closer is the alliance, the deeper is the defense co-op, right items for the right country. Pakistan is highest level ally, the unspeakable "N" level, the "Voldemort" level, you know what I mean.

But you were absolutely right, it's not about the excessive dollar which China has trouble in finding enough resources to buy (I have several threads on this in FE section, imagine just in one quarter, July-Sep, trade surplus $163B, even when oil imports reaches 7 million b/d), but something far more important called common geo-strategic vision.

If that was the case China wouldn't be exporting over 50% of its arms to Pak..
Even in the past when your own arms weren't on the level of European or American weapons .. Pak would modify them .. Fix the kinks ... Give you the info (to correct them) Aswell as serve as a promotional example ... A professional military buying weapons from China (Aswell as US,EU) was good strategy to take other potential buyers into confidence..
Even now several of Chinese weapons did have defects (which Pak helped solve).., your SLC2 arty locating radars and even your A-100 MLRS developed issues which Pak further "developed" and showed you guys aswell...
And that's the reason now several countries are scared of selling weapons to Pak Coz of fears of China getting it hand of the technology !
Also Pak has and never will buy monkey models... We have always bought top of the line systems and customised them to our needs.

Agree. I don't know all the tech details but I do know one proven thing, Pakistan has been instrumental in China's defense industry, hence the level of co-operation will only go one direction - continue to deepen. Well that's no surprise, after all, that's a real alliance at work.

Last edited:
Pak should develop its own platform rather than buying from China, in my view.

Back
Top Bottom