What's new

China May Deliver 300 of Type 99 Main Battle Tank to Pakistan

Until a few years ago the army used to conduct field exercises around our area twice every year. Once in summer & once in winter. The intetreting thing about winter exercises being that every now & then You would see a tank got stuck in sand as the stream flowing by our village would dry up during winter months. It was both weird & pretty amusing at the same time. They always had a pulling vehicle that we used to call a crane & I remember very clearly that on one occasion even that crane had difficulty in pulling that tank out of the sand. Rest of the formation had moved on leaving that tank behind & it was after 2 days that a pulling vehicle came over & pulled it out.
Considering the fact that it was only the dry bed of seasonal stream & the difficulty tanks had in that sand & then comprehending how it must have been for tanks & their crews down south in desert areas was a bit worrying.
I hope the situation is different now.
what tank was it? T-85, T-80, MBT-2000?

It is a good news if true.... but we need to have Turkish Attay tank too in our inventory ....i know it is heavy but we can modify it cant v ....???

That's not an issue. It's about ground pressure and the Abrams and Leopard have blown this myth out of the water (Afghanistan and Iraq). The only barrier would be existing Pakistani transport equipment, bridges and so forth.

Ahan... so Can Pakistan look it for TOT

What's the Point in buying old ones which will need repairs after few years again... that to gonna cost Money to get repairs done.... go for new or don't go for anything at all
But PA don't have enough funds at all. They can easily buy used ones and get them overhauled in the origin of their country. I am sure that there are about:
300+ Challengers
300+ Leopards
300+ French/USA Tanks

that can be bought instead of going for the Chinese ones that are not much reliable.

But PA don't have enough funds at all. They can easily buy used ones and get them overhauled in the origin of their country. I am sure that there are about:
300+ Challengers
300+ Leopards
300+ French/USA Tanks

that can be bought instead of going for the Chinese ones that are not much reliable.
For GOD sake use some common sense use at least 400 to 500 T-99 A2 along with AL KHALID II and AL KHALID III would do the job.

300+ Challengers
300+ Leopards
300+ French/USA Tanks

Kya ho gya hai bhai jaan?

well we are going for T-99 to replace old tanks i think Oplot M is gonna come again with engine issues resolved... after getting 300 T-99 we Will get 300 more ... if we get lucky then Altay... that's it

No Challenger no Leopard and no French USA Tanks needed.... wait for Al-Khalid till November 2016 upgraded

T99A , Alkhalid 2, AL khalid 3 & Altay tanks( we need alternative technology for our army) should be included in our PA modernization prog. we must not take out old tanks but should be modified & give it to police....

Last edited:
T99A , Alkhalid 2, AL khalid 3 & Altay tanks( we need alternative technology for our army) should be included in our PA modernization prog. we must not take out old tanks but should be modified & give it to police....

Police with tank :rofl:
Bro what are you upto? :P

Police with tank :rofl:
Bro what are you upto? :P
hahahaa..... i believe nothing should go to waste... soo we can use those vehicles and modify them & give them to polics... just like israelis did with russian tanks they caught in arab israeli war...

hahahaa..... i believe nothing should go to waste... soo we can use those vehicles and modify them & give them to polics... just like israelis did with russian tanks they caught in arab israeli war...

They used that POLICE against Palestinians,, which obviously are not THERE PEOPLE,,,
You get your tanks rolling in liberty round about or pindi sadar for police duty and that for me is a lot of things going waste.

Please use some logical thinking.

If ever we get new tank (and by that i am not talking about non-existent AK-2 or 3 or 4, and unsuitable ALTAY like you mentioned) for army, AND IF it is is numbers that we will be able to retire some old tanks with some little life and potential left in them (HIGHLY UNLIKELY) then these would/should go to FC, Rangers AT BEST and that too for anti-insurgency missions in western north western part. Writing it down even that too do not seem suitable to me but anyway i am not worried but i also do not see this happening anytime. :)

Back
Top Bottom