What's new

China looks to re-balance ties with India & Pakistan

india and china have very different economic growth models....china has surpassed india in every field.

India is now the worst-performing market in the world economic, Worried foreign institutional investors who came to India last year, have been pulling out funds at an alarming rate now.

ok smart pantys... Do you have any supporting links for your claims?

india and china have very different economic growth models....china has surpassed india in every field.

India is now the worst-performing market in the world economic, Worried foreign institutional investors who came to India last year, have been pulling out funds at an alarming rate now.

If we are to learn anything from China-US or China-Japan relations is that even after dealing in trade worth billions of dollars the animosity b/n the countries remain. So I don't think we can 'buy' good relation from a country like China....but what the trade can do is that it will create an inter-dependency b/n countries (in this case China & India) so that each country will think more than twice before doing anything that will hamper the relation b/n the countries.

The what we should learn is to never allow them to gain a foothold on land in areas of stragetic concern. Look at how they held Japan hostage by cutting production of precious metals! Even though they are manufacturing telecom equipment in India ...we need to be careful that viruses or back doors are not programmed last minute. Ever product should be built from scratch within India ...no exceptions. Also, China has supposedly agreed to suppply Qing Class Subs to PAkistan with Lcam missiles. The concern is that the missiles violate the MCTR treaty....

I agree Media on both sides (more on Indian side) is responsible for mistrust between 2 countries. But I am sure Leader/Planners of both countries understand importance of good bi-lateral relations & steps will be taken to achieve them.

One thing from India that baffles me most is India medias when those medias sensationalized the Chinese "infiltration" and "espionage" often by fabrication, exaggeration, or twisting the facts. That makes me really doubt the quality of India freedom of speech and I know that China still has the tight grips on opinion expression. When I am pondering where things go wrong in Indian media, an even dire picture comes to my mind:
1. The source of news: Sometimes, it is a pure fabrication from the reporters. Other times it is from military, government, or border patrol. The question is why they made up those fake news.
2. The fact check of the medias: For varies of reasons, there could be reports that are inaccurate, or totally bogus. The question is how the bogus reports passed by the internal control(responsibility of fact check) of the mainstream medias.
3. The balanced opinions: It is understandable that some medias may view the world through the special prism. However, there is obviously short of counterbalance on those twisted reports(fake Chinese infiltration etc)
4. The responsibility of clarification from the government: When Indian government was involved in such twisted reports, it is rare to see any clarification from Indian government.
With the aforementioned analysis, I believed that it is true that India media and government connive at stoking 'China threat' and painting China as the bogeyman.

One thing from India that baffles me most is India medias when those medias sensationalized the Chinese "infiltration" and "espionage" often by fabrication, exaggeration, or twisting the facts. That makes me really doubt the quality of India freedom of speech and I know that China still has the tight grips on opinion expression. When I am pondering where things go wrong in Indian media, an even dire picture comes to my mind:
1. The source of news: Sometimes, it is a pure fabrication from the reporters. Other times it is from military, government, or border patrol. The question is why they made up those fake news.
2. The fact check of the medias: For varies of reasons, there could be reports that are inaccurate, or totally bogus. The question is how the bogus reports passed by the internal control(responsibility of fact check) of the mainstream medias.
3. The balanced opinions: It is understandable that some medias may view the world through the special prism. However, there is obviously short of counterbalance on those twisted reports(fake Chinese infiltration etc)
4. The responsibility of clarification from the government: When Indian government was involved in such twisted reports, it is rare to see any clarification from Indian government.
With the aforementioned analysis, I believed that it is true that India media and government connive at stoking 'China threat' and painting China as the bogeyman.

To paint the media as responsible is the old trick in the bag. how come the rest the world can move forward with India? Indian media has plenty of anti Us news - how come relationships are not blamed or hampered then? To claim media lies in India by the Chinese govt is hilarious , considering they have been caught lying numerous times to the world. ( SARS, Earth Quake etc)

you guys are brainwashed daily with propaganda--- free media although has its culprits yet it is 10000000% better to have vs. state run propoganda...

To paint the media as responsible is the old trick in the bag. how come the rest the world can move forward with India? Indian media has plenty of anti Us news - how come relationships are not blamed or hampered then? To claim media lies in India by the Chinese govt is hilarious , considering they have been caught lying numerous times to the world. ( SARS, Earth Quake etc)

you guys are brainwashed daily with propaganda--- free media although has its culprits yet it is 10000000% better to have vs. state run propoganda...

Yeah, we are brainwashed.

Our media says we are ranked 125th in GDP/capita when we're actually ranked 90th.
Our media says trillions have been stolen but actually "only" 120 billion have been stolen.
Yeah, our media is brainwashing us to make our country look worse than it actually is. But that's OK because its always better to underestimate, than overestimate with SHINING INDIA!

I feel shamefully to admit that there is large degree of the problems in the reportage and freedom of speech in China. I thought the whole world know it without mentioning. A colossal improvement is expected in China when it comes to that. Still, there are two things wrong about your comments. First, I am not brainwashed and I read everything from any medias with a pinch of salt and try hard to verify if it deems to be significant to my interest. Second, I was trying to figure out the niche of India media and try to find why/how India media demonized China. I have to regretfully tell you that your comments contribute very little.

Media only tells the audience what they want to hear. This is true for every country.

I feel shamefully to admit that there is large degree of the problems in the reportage and freedom of speech in China. I thought the whole world know it without mentioning. A colossal improvement is expected in China when it comes to that. Still, there are two things wrong about your comments. First, I am not brainwashed and I read everything from any medias with a pinch of salt and try hard to verify if it deems to be significant to my interest. Second, I was trying to figure out the niche of India media and try to find why/how India media demonized China. I have to regretfully tell you that your comments contribute very little.

the premise of your post was answered by me in the very first sentences. If you chose to ignore it and call the reply non constructive - so be it. But you had your answer. The relationship or bane of the relationship as put forth by your ambassador is hooke at best- because I pointed India has plenty of anti Us news and anti Australian news but govt to govt enhancements do not suffer because of it. China has been violating Indian territory, it has been shown to do so and acknowledge by not just India but world intelligence and news reporting-Chinese spies have been caught in India. China has proliferated tactical nuclear missile technology to Pakistan- so the concerns of Indian media are mired in a lot of truths.

actions speak louder than words- we've all heard that in life, but words in this case is being scapegoated to show inaction.

the premise of your post was answered by me in the very first sentences. If you chose to ignore it and call the reply non constructive - so be it. But you had you answer. The relationship or bane of the relationship as put forth by your ambassador is hooke at best- because I pointed India has plenty of anti Us news and anti Australian news but govt to govt enhancements do not suffer because of it. China has been violating Indian territory, it has been shown to do so and acknowledge by not just India but world intelligence and news reporting-Chinese spies have been caught in India. China has proliferated tactical nuclear missile technology to Pakistan- so the concerns of Indian media are mired in a lot of truths.

actions speak louder than words- we've all heard that in life, but words in this case is being scapegoated to show inaction.

Well, I don't think I should accept the answer from you as it is only your opinion. As a democratic country which promotes the freedom of speech, I was hoping that India could do better than "the old trick in the bag". I seriously doubt if the majority of Indian people can accept the mainstream medias twisting facts to serve certain purpose. As I have learnt enough from you, so enough is enough and I will start to ignore you.

Well, I don't think I should accept the answer from you as it is only your opinion. As a democratic country which promotes the freedom of speech, I was hoping that India could do better than "the old trick in the bag". I seriously doubt if the majority of Indian people can accept the mainstream medias twisting facts to serve certain purpose. As I have learnt enough from you, so enough is enough and I will start to ignore you.

Just put him on the ignore list like I did.

welcome to do so- especially after this sentence " Well, I don't think I should accept the answer from you as it is only your opinion" - duh- this is a forum and that's what you get,others opinion. What is not opinion and a fact is that you avoided answering why anti US , anti Australian , anti other countries news pieces don't affect govt to govt relationships but seem to be the excuse used by the Chinese. Whats furthermore amusing is you live in country (US) that has its media also sensationalize things about china- yet major trade goes on , Treasuries are bought etc etc...

Majority of Indians known how to filter the news with a grain of salt, just like majority of Americans and populous among the democratically run institutions do..

have a nice day...

good idea. done! haha

cool atlest I was not thrown in jail and flasley accused for tax evasion... maybe this move by you two peas in a pod would help garner me a noble peace prize. :D Cheerios lads!

I'll give you a nice idea, if you don't want to know people's opinion then you can just delete your account and never sign up for any public forum.

Back
Top Bottom