What's new

China is going to provide most sophisticated submarine to Pakistan

How do you counter a nuclear sub? With a nuclear sub? Doesn't sound logical to me :what:
a nuke sub offers us larger payload(more missiles) as compared to conventional ones. as well as unlimited range. and if we lose our missile launch systems due to an enemy missile barrage, a submarine, being hard to detect, will still give us a chance to launch nukes at the enemy. and about countering the sub, we just need MPAs and sonars(and torpedoes and depth charges to threaten it).

Pakistan Navy has got updated with the availability of sophisticated equipments and endurance for the safety of maritime boundary. Talking to Radio Pakistan, defence analyst Brigadier Farooq Hameed Khan (Retd) has said Pakistan Navy has always been a great strength in defending our maritime border.

He said that Pak Navy not only protect the defence of country but it also plays vital role to provide security and defence to commercial and trade ships.

He said that for the last few years, Navy has been advanced by providing it with sophisticated equipments so that our maritime boundary could be safe.

To a question, he said that Hameed Khan said that as though India recently provided its Navy some sophisticated technology but Pakistan Navy also is not behind the Indian Navy.

He further said that it is reported that China is going to provide most sophisticated submarine to Pakistan, adding that through this, our navy would further be strengthened.
Talking in the programme, Head Department of IR, National Defence University, Dr Muhammad Khan said that Pakistan Navy's defence capabilities have been greatly increased during the last few years. He said that Navy played important role in the defence of any country.

UK had ruled the world due to its strong naval force in the 19th and 20th century.

He further said that in the modern era US is playing important role in world politics due to its Navy.

"Nearly 90 percent of world trade took place through sea, so for guarding the sea frontiers are very important responsibility of navy," he added.
Pakistan Navy: 'advancement to boost safety of maritime boundary' | Business Recorder

Pakistan Navy should look and talk to Yemen, Oman or even Jordan to buy 3 Agosta-90Bs with 2 Agosta-70s (for free). And use that money for Chinese submarines and try make up a deal for 8-10 S-20s....

You can not buy nuke sub. can only take it on lease it and only one nation till now has taken nuke sub on lease-India.

On Topic> Which type of sub PN is trying to procure from China?

Actually, if Pakistan wanted to, it would buy Nuke sub. This is not India we are talking about, so please don't bring in your jingoism. Chinese helped Pakistan with it's nuclear program, why would they not do it?

The thing is, China itself is relatively new to advanced nuclear subs that PN may like, plus the associated cost.

How do you counter a nuclear sub? With a nuclear sub? Doesn't sound logical to me :what:
nuclear sub can stay underwater way more than conventional sub so they are better but pak is not looking a sub for that reason bcz we already got aip in subs
but they are looking for sub which is capable of firing nukes so to counter indian advantage of akula nd arihant
balance in power or any other nation who thinks to attack will think twice
@Alpha1

Boomer's are designed to remained stationed for longer period of times at strategic locations around the world to be used for a nuclear strike on the adversary.

In our case our adversary is right next to us, so we don't need to station a boomer at the South pole, the Arabian is big enough to hide an SSK with nukes.

Second Strike capability can be achieved by an SSK (AIP), then why go for an expensive option.

Pakistan Navy should look and talk to Yemen, Oman or even Jordan to buy 3 Agosta-90Bs with 2 Agosta-70s (for free). And use that money for Chinese submarines and try make up a deal for 8-10 S-20s....
nd if we give all these subs at once nd get the money thn what we cant just throw these babies dont forget many subs are equipped with aip which only we use plus navy have years of experience on thm
and new system takes time

Boomer's are designed to remained stationed for longer period of times at strategic locations around the world to be used for a nuclear strike on the adversary.

In our case our adversary is right next to us, so we don't need to station a boomer at the South pole, the Arabian is big enough to hide an SSK with nukes.

Second Strike capability can be achieved by an SSK (AIP), then why go for an expensive option.
My friend you are forgetting one very important point which is SLBM which can only be fired from Subs which are capable of stationing them if go by Your way then We will be able to use babur Only which has just range of 700 Kms While With SLBM You can go way ahead Thats the point With a Boomer Enemy will know what ever happens But they wont be safe too

Last edited:
My friend you are forgetting one very important point which is SLBM which can only be fired from Subs which are capable of stationing them if go by Your way then We will be able to use babur Only which has just range of 700 Kms While With SLBM You can go way ahead Thats the point With a Boomer Enemy will know what ever happens But they wont be safe too

My friend that's why I have mentioned that Arabian sea is big enough to hide an SSK.
Also keep in mind, that it is the 2nd strike capability and not the 1st strike.

In Which Term In firing Nukes Or in 1 on 1
leme tell You few things nuclear Sub can stay way longer underwater

But AIP subs are more quite than older nuclear Subs and they are also smaller than nuclear subs so it makes them more maneuverable but Nuclear Subs are more faster than AIP or diesel subs

Actually, if Pakistan wanted to, it would buy Nuke sub. This is not India we are talking about, so please don't bring in your jingoism. Chinese helped Pakistan with it's nuclear program, why would they not do it?

The thing is, China itself is relatively new to advanced nuclear subs that PN may like, plus the associated cost.

Lease, right?

Nuke subs cant be bought, only can be leased.

Other wise we would have bought Akulas and if possible Delta 3s.

Lease, right?

Nuke subs cant be bought, only can be leased.

Other wise we would have bought Akulas and if possible Delta 3s.

I didn't say lease. Like i said, if Pakistan wanted to, it would get it. When has China ever refused Pakistan's request? While Pakistan was under sanctions, they helped with the nuclear program. Get this thing out of your head.

No body gives a rat's arse about India or we or you in this thread. Please post something with respect to topic at hand. If India can only lease something, doesn't mean Pakistan has to be bound by the same rules.

I didn't say lease. Like i said, if Pakistan wanted to, it would get it. When has China ever refused Pakistan's request? While Pakistan was under sanctions, they helped with the nuclear program. Get this thing out of your head.

No body gives a rat's arse about India or we or you in this thread. Please post something with respect to topic at hand. If India can only lease something, doesn't mean Pakistan has to be bound by the same rules.

My limited understanding suggests that nuke subs can not be bought so I replied and posted what I knew.

If India can only lease something, doesn't mean Pakistan has to be bound by the same rules

In this case, unfortunately, yes.

If you think that Pak can buy nuke subs from China, that's not possible.

Did you forget US? Such development will not remain hidden from them.

What Pak can do is build SSBNs and SSNs in house with Chinese consultancy for designing the sub.

Or lease SSN/SSGN form China; however it will have to be armed with SLCm version of Babur or sub version of other Pakistani missiles in order to comply with guidelines of MTCR.

If Pak decides to buy Chinese SLCMs they will ahve range less that 300 KM.

sir Do you know why INS Vikramaditya boiler bricks cracked when it is in construction in Russia and delayed commssioning?That same reason we dont trust chinese manufacturing.

so we will have 2nd Class manufactured Subs Vs. 2nd Class, win win for both

@Chinese-Dragon

Any idea which subs might be sold to us?

Last month Janes already reported that PN buying S-20 submarines.. They are scaled down version of Type-041( Yuan Class).. Not so sophisticated and special for Pakistan, S-20 is an export version.. Any country having money and good contact with China can buy that..

Back
Top Bottom