What's new

China HSR News And Information: Original Translation

The last four months of 2015 will be the harvest season
for HSRs in Northwest China.

Red lines = in operation
Blue lines = will open in 2015
And more lines are under construction or will start construction!
View attachment 244707

CRH2G, cold/wind/sand-proof
View attachment 244709

Harbin West Railway Station, Heilongjiang Province, NE China
View attachment 244737 View attachment 244738 View attachment 244735 View attachment 244736

Harbin-Changchun-Jilin-Hunchun-Vladivostok(Haishenwai)and

Harbin-Mudanjiang-Suifenhe-Ussuriysk(Shuangchengzi)-Vladivostok(Haishenwai)

:D

Harbin-Qiqihar-Hulunbeier-Manzhouli-Russia :enjoy:

Which place?
upload_2015-8-8_18-33-3.png

:(...right in the vaccum of HSR network...

any hope for future lines?

Did you still go back with the long distance bus?what a tragdy!
flight to Changchun, then 4 hrs drive.

there are buses too but i don't use much.

railways has already reduced trains to 90 kph till monsoon are over in regions of black clay soil or the cotton growing region.
i learnt from one of my source that this may be a case of missed surveillance as by lineman.
i saw close pics and can say for sure that such soil erosion cannot happen in matter of hours as railway claim.
the sad part is lives were lost.
RIP.
RIP again.:(
Let's reply here, better place isn't it?
From every train accident, we can learn something and improve. For geologically complicated countries as India and China, natural disasters cannot be stopped, but we can surely minimise human factors. I learn the death toll of Indian railway is on the decline year after year, it's a positive sign. With Modi's government pouring more money in railway infra, Indian railway is of course on the right track I think.

:(...right in the vaccum of HSR network...

any hope for future lines?
Yellow lines are planned.
Is Tonghua a prefecture-level city? If yes, it will.
屏幕快照 2015-08-08 18.48.57.png

Let's reply here, better place isn't it?
Definitely, i don't like members getting into brawl, kind of losses the issue being discussed.
From every train accident, we can learn something and improve. For geologically complicated countries as India and China, natural disasters cannot be stopped, but we can surely minimise human factors.
Unfortunately, some human factor will always be involved in any kind of technology. Even if we assume that some years from now, Signalling, track monitoring, warning and even driving, we take out human involved, we still would have human aspect involved in design stage and that always leaves a potential of leaving a latent error or a combination of situation that can lead to some sort of failure.
Here in India, we call railways as run by countless number of railway men who carry out track maintenance, surveillance, control of sections etc. While i have full faith in their dedication toward duty, it isn't wise to assume that they will not commit a mistake. sometime or the other law of averages will catch up and something might go un-noticed. These lead to unfortunate events like these.
i learn the death toll of Indian railway is on the decline year after year, it's a positive sign.
Thats true but considering the world average of failures and casualties as a result of that is still significantly lower than what we have in India. With more and more advent of automation in track safety, things have improved significantly, but there still is a long road to be travelled.
One example i can quote is elimination of all manned level crossings on trunk routes by means of over or under passes. this single thing alone has given a big contribution to safety.
With Modi's government pouring more money in railway infra, Indian railway is of course on the right track I think.
One wonderful thing the new government has done this year (& trend might continue) is that they are now concentrating of capacity addition and upgradation of track infrastructure. They have also resisted from a political gimmick of introducing new trains and improving the existing services. Budget allocation of safety and signalling upgradation is also increased impressively.

ne thing i could appreciate from this thread is how China has gone in a systematic manner in creation of new HS network. One must take lesson from this is that if a nation systematically and in a disciplined manner approaches a public service, it is possible to achieve very impressive results over several years.
Of all things my country can learn from China, i guess infrastructure development focussing and project execution would be the foremost thing.

Definitely, i don't like members getting into brawl, kind of losses the issue being discussed.

Unfortunately, some human factor will always be involved in any kind of technology. Even if we assume that some years from now, Signalling, track monitoring, warning and even driving, we take out human involved, we still would have human aspect involved in design stage and that always leaves a potential of leaving a latent error or a combination of situation that can lead to some sort of failure.
Here in India, we call railways as run by countless number of railway men who carry out track maintenance, surveillance, control of sections etc. While i have full faith in their dedication toward duty, it isn't wise to assume that they will not commit a mistake. sometime or the other law of averages will catch up and something might go un-noticed. These lead to unfortunate events like these.

Thats true but considering the world average of failures and casualties as a result of that is still significantly lower than what we have in India. With more and more advent of automation in track safety, things have improved significantly, but there still is a long road to be travelled.
One example i can quote is elimination of all manned level crossings on trunk routes by means of over or under passes. this single thing alone has given a big contribution to safety.

One wonderful thing the new government has done this year (& trend might continue) is that they are now concentrating of capacity addition and upgradation of track infrastructure. They have also resisted from a political gimmick of introducing new trains and improving the existing services. Budget allocation of safety and signalling upgradation is also increased impressively.

ne thing i could appreciate from this thread is how China has gone in a systematic manner in creation of new HS network. One must take lesson from this is that if a nation systematically and in a disciplined manner approaches a public service, it is possible to achieve very impressive results over several years.
Of all things my country can learn from China, i guess infrastructure development focussing and project execution would be the foremost thing.
What a shame I couldn't give u a positive rating!

Deepest Underground High-speed Rail Station Completed in Tianjin
2015-08-09 16:35:52 CRIENGLISH.com Web Editor: Guo Jing

The photo taken on August 9, 2015 shows the inside of the Yujiapu Station in north China's Tianjin Municipality. [Photo: CFP]

The world's largest and deepest underground high-speed rail station has been completed, shortening the trip from Beijing to Tianjin's Yujiabao Financial Zone to only 45 minutes, Xinhua reports.

The Yujiapu Station in Tianjin is between 60 to 65 meters below ground, stretching the Beijing-Tianjin high-speed rail to the coastal areas of Tianjin. The highest speed of the rail is expected to reach 350 km/h.

As the station is built in saline and alkaline soil, a one-meter thick, 1,435 meter long wall was built to prevent water penetration.

The photo taken on August 9, 2015 shows the outside of the Yujiapu Station in north China's Tianjin Municipality. [Photo: CFP]

The photo taken on August 9, 2015 shows the outside of the Yujiapu Station in north China's Tianjin Municipality. [Photo: CFP]

High-speed testing begins in China's far north

Early on Monday morning, train No D5001 left the station in Harbin, Heilongjiang province, to begin trial runs on China's northern most high-speed rail line.

The 281-km line with eight stops links Harbin, the provincial capital, to Daqing and Qiqihar. Work began in November 2009, but snow and frozen land posed numerous problems during construction.

In recent months, Harbin Railway Bureau has trained crews on safety measures, service etiquette and emergency procedures.

Chen Min, conductor on No D5001, said, "There is a toilet for the disabled in each carriage, which has an emergency call bell. If passengers get into difficulties, they will receive help from the train staff as soon as possible."

The line will be tested by extremely low temperatures during the winter.

Huang Lei, an engineer at the bureau, said the CRH5A high-speed trains on the line are designed to withstand the climate in areas that may be hit by blizzards and temperatures as low as - 40 C. They can withstand adverse weather, such as strong winds, heavy rain, snow and fog.

The new line, designed for trains running at up to 250 km/h, will go into service in August if it passes a one-month test.

It will cut travel time between Harbin and Qiqihar to about 1 hour 20 minutes from three hours.

The line is expected to carry about 8 million passengers annually, and 28 pairs of trains will be in operation every day, according to Harbin railway authorities.

It is expected to greatly improve transportation in Harbin, Daqing, Qiqihar and surrounding cities and boost the tourism industry in Harbin and Qiqihar, which is well-known for the Zhalong National Nature Reserve.

A first-class ticket for travel between Harbin and Qiqihar is likely to cost 103.5 yuan ($16.70) and a second-class ticket 86 yuan ($13.85).

"The ticket price is much cheaper than I imagined," said Liu Guiqing, 56, a retired teacher from Qiqihar.

"Now I live with my son in Harbin, but I have to return to Qiqihar regularly. The three-hour trip is always arduous, but I believe the opening of the high-speed line will make the journey much easier."

@Yizhi Great news for NE China
Red lines in operation
Blue lines due to open in 2015

屏幕快照 2015-08-08 14.23.09.png

Harbin-Qiqihar Intercity HSR in trial operation by photos
封面2.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_9070.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_3365.jpg

IMG_2197.jpg

High-speed testing begins in China's far north

Early on Monday morning, train No D5001 left the station in Harbin, Heilongjiang province, to begin trial runs on China's northern most high-speed rail line.

The 281-km line with eight stops links Harbin, the provincial capital, to Daqing and Qiqihar. Work began in November 2009, but snow and frozen land posed numerous problems during construction.

In recent months, Harbin Railway Bureau has trained crews on safety measures, service etiquette and emergency procedures.

Chen Min, conductor on No D5001, said, "There is a toilet for the disabled in each carriage, which has an emergency call bell. If passengers get into difficulties, they will receive help from the train staff as soon as possible."

The line will be tested by extremely low temperatures during the winter.

Huang Lei, an engineer at the bureau, said the CRH5A high-speed trains on the line are designed to withstand the climate in areas that may be hit by blizzards and temperatures as low as - 40 C. They can withstand adverse weather, such as strong winds, heavy rain, snow and fog.

The new line, designed for trains running at up to 250 km/h, will go into service in August if it passes a one-month test.

It will cut travel time between Harbin and Qiqihar to about 1 hour 20 minutes from three hours.

The line is expected to carry about 8 million passengers annually, and 28 pairs of trains will be in operation every day, according to Harbin railway authorities.

It is expected to greatly improve transportation in Harbin, Daqing, Qiqihar and surrounding cities and boost the tourism industry in Harbin and Qiqihar, which is well-known for the Zhalong National Nature Reserve.

A first-class ticket for travel between Harbin and Qiqihar is likely to cost 103.5 yuan ($16.70) and a second-class ticket 86 yuan ($13.85).

"The ticket price is much cheaper than I imagined," said Liu Guiqing, 56, a retired teacher from Qiqihar.

"Now I live with my son in Harbin, but I have to return to Qiqihar regularly. The three-hour trip is always arduous, but I believe the opening of the high-speed line will make the journey much easier."

@Yizhi Great news for NE China
Red lines in operation
Blue lines due to open in 2015

View attachment 245415

Harbin-Qiqihar Intercity HSR in trial operation by photos
View attachment 245419

View attachment 245418

View attachment 245417

View attachment 245416

View attachment 245421

View attachment 245422

I sincerely believe that this line should be further extended as early as possible to Manzhouli on the Sino-Russian border。

I sincerely believe that this line should be further extended as early as possible to Manzhouli on the Sino-Russian border。
I hope the same.
Railway network in NE China is outdated, more 200-250km/h intercity HSRs and 300-350km/h trunk HSRs should be built as soon as possible.

Yichang-Wanzhou railroad winds through mountainous areas

Aerial photo taken on Aug. 14, 2015 shows a high-speed train running out of a mountain tunnel as it runs on the Yichang-Wanzhou High-speed Railroad, which is built on a viaduct, in Enshi, central China's Hubei Province. The 377-kilometer-long Yichang-Wanzhou Railroad, which is regarded as the most difficult railroad ever built in China, winds through mountainous areas from its eastern station Yichang in Hubei Province to western station Wanzhou in southwest China's Chongqing. (Xinhua)

~HSR.Yichang.Wanzhou.1.jpg

~HSR.Yichang.Wanzhou.2.jpg

~HSR.Yichang.Wanzhou.3.jpg

~HSR.Yichang.Wanzhou.4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom