What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

Of the two, i would say France is by far the worse. From Vietnam/cambodia/laos to Africa, their colonies are the worse of today. Especially french colonies in Africa(where i have visited and even briefly lived in some). Many people don't know this(since they always focus too much on the anglo-saxon 'evil/hegemnonistic' U.S/U.K world), but France is by far the worse european coloniser. all french speaking african colonies still use the french currency even today(the Francs CFA). All central and west african french colonies(about 20 countries) still use this currency which is printed in France and shipped to their subjects, worse still, they are all required to keep their financial reserves with the french treasury. This is unheard of, even britain never did such a thing. They intervened openly/directly to toppled and arrest Laurent Mbagbo(ivory coast president) because he wanted to pull out of the the colonial French currency (the francs CFA).:disagree:

France is still the only former(more like current.lol) european master who still has military bases/troops in almost all its former colonies, from Cameroon,Gabon to senegal/Djibouti etc....to keep its subjects in check.:agree: They woulkd have still been in Vietnam today, had the Vietnamese not fought a self destructive bloody war to kick them out.:D:P

I wont go into too much detail here, since i dont want to derail this thread. So read this if you are interested. Then you will know that Britain is/was a colonial angel compared to France.:lol:

African Monetary Union Stirs Criticism of France - Businessweek

Excellent analysis.

Raw: Protesters, Residents Clash in Hong Kong
Clashes broke out on Friday at the site of one of Hong Kong's pro-democracy protests as local residents and pro-Beijing supporters tried to evict activists from the street they are occupying. (Oct. 3)

how do you have access to youtube?

@Daedalus

give us the intel, how can one have access to youtube in mainland china?

Local Residents Clash with Occupy Central Protesters

Hong Kong Pro Democracy - Protesters Clash With Pro Government Supporters on Streets

how do you have access to youtube?

@Daedalus

give us the intel, how can one have access to youtube in mainland china?

If you want to access youtube ,facebook and some other sites, you pay one dollar a month to use VPN service which China has dozens of providers and you can pay online by a gentle click, the fee is almost like nothing in China but most Chinese web users just don't care about those websites

Last edited:
I beg to differ. In my opinion Britain is the worst coloniser , in a subtle way. Many of the leftover confilcts/issues around the world today, are the legacy of Brits.

The Middle East mess, India-Pakistan confilct, Israel-Palestine issuse, ethnic clash in Sri Lanka/Malaysia , Sino-India border issue etc. The cause of all these issues can trace back to British colonial era.

The trick Brits used to administrate colonies, is to incite the hatred between different local ethnic groups, alienate them from each other, foster one group suppress others. In this way the people in colony will never unite to rebel Brits.

LOOL bro you don't know what you are talking about, I myself have been to English speaking african countries and french ones. I can attest to you how backward/poor the french colonies are compared to english ones. My wife's mum herself is from cameroon(french speaking african colony). France not only demands that its African colonies remain under its yoke, but has large military bases in this countries since independence until today to maintain and scare any head of state who might have any bad idea of ending their influence in this countries.

For example, Niger(who was the worlds poorest country just last year, now its about 2nd to last.lol) a former(more like current) french colony was forced by France to sign a law that grants france a monopoly to AREVA on exploiting its Uranium deposits(the second largest in the world) just before independence in 1960 until just recently in 2008 when the president(Mahmadou Tamdja) revised this law ang opened up the sector to Chinese and Americaninvestors/companies to mine Uranium in Niger since he wanted more competition and better prices for his coutnries resources, but france saw this as a mortal threat to itself and a bad example to other french african leaders(who might have a 'bad idea' about copying/following Nigers president.lol), so they suddenly sponsored a coup, backed with Toureg rebels in the north to topple him and arrest him(he's still behind bars today) and replaced him with a more pro french president(the current president) to continue their exploitation. There are lots of other examples i can give you bro. But that will be another long topic. Afterall,no former Euroepean master(britain included) still has troops/military bases in its former colonies in Africa apart from France(who has one in all its former colonies).:agree:

That's why i say, many people don't really know much about french colonies, they focus just on the anglo saxon ones.lol France is wayyyyy worse, belive me. Just look at Haiti, who was paying France an 'independence fee' for almost 100 years until recently when the tsunami happened, and the worlds attention/sympathy turned to Haiti, its during this period that even the U.S forced France to stop taking this illegal/unfair fee from Haiti(the poorest country in the carribean) before france stopped. You have to read more about France colonies bro, then you will understand. Its just because we colonised more countries than France, thats why you think we are worse.lol Do some reasearch.

Last edited:
Very soon those students will be begging the police to save them from angry .ocal Hongkong residents

LOOL bro you don't know what you are talking about, I myself have been to English speaking african countries and french ones. I can attest to you how backward/poor the french colonies are compared to english ones. My wife's mum herself is from cameroon(french speaking african colony). France not only demands that its African colonies remain under its yoke, but has large military bases in this countries since independence until today to maintain and scare any head of state who might have any bad idea of ending their influence in this countries.

For example, Niger(who was the worlds poorest country just last year, now its about 2nd to last.lol) a former(more like current) french colony was forced by France to sign a law that grants france a monopoly to AREVA on exploiting its Uranium deposits(the second largest in the world) just before independence in 1960 until just recently in 2008 when the president(Mahmadou Tamdja) revised this law since he wanted more independence and competition for His coutnries resources, but france saw this as a mortal threat to itself and a bad example to other french african leaders(who might have a nad idea about copying nigers president.lol), so they suddenly sponsored a coup, backed with Toureg rebels in the north to topple him and arrest him(hes still behind bars today) and replaced him with a more pro french president(the current president) to continue their exploitation. there are lots of other examples i can give you bro. But that will be another long topic. Afterall,no former Euroepean master(britain included) still has troops/military bases in its former colonies in Africa apart from France(who has one in all its former colonies).:agree:

Thats why i say, many people don't really know much about french colonies, they focus just on the anglo saxon ones.lol France is wayyyyy worse, belive me. Just look at Haiti, whowas paying France an i'ndependence fee' until recently when it had the tsunami happened, and the worlds attention/sympathy turned to Haiti, its during this period that even the U.S forced France to stop taking this illegal/unfair fee from Haiti before france stopped. You have to read more about France colonies bro, then you will understand. Its just because we colonised more countries than France, thats why you think we are worse.lol Do some reasearch.

Mon Dieux ! With so many present day semi-dependencies of the old French Empire, no wonder why France is a beacon for many immigrants from Africa.

For example, Niger(who was the worlds poorest country just last year, now its about 2nd to last.lol) a former(more like current) french colony was forced by France to sign a law that grants france a monopoly to AREVA on exploiting its Uranium deposits(the second largest in the world) just before independence in 1960 until just recently in 2008 when the president(Mahmadou Tamdja) revised this law ang opened up the sector to Chinese and Americaninvestors/companies to mine Uranium in Niger since he wanted more competition and better prices for his coutnries resources, but france saw this as a mortal threat to itself and a bad example to other french african leaders(who might have a nad idea about copying nigers president.lol), so they suddenly sponsored a coup, backed with Toureg rebels in the north to topple him and arrest him(hes still behind bars today) and replaced him with a more pro french president(the current president) to continue their exploitation. there are lots of other examples i can give you bro. But that will be another long topic. Afterall,no former Euroepean master(britain included) still has troops/military bases in its former colonies in Africa apart from France(who has one in all its former colonies).:agree:

That's why i say, many people don't really know much about french colonies, they focus just on the anglo saxon ones.lol France is wayyyyy worse, belive me. Just look at Haiti, whowas paying France an i'ndependence fee' until recently when it had the tsunami happened, and the worlds attention/sympathy turned to Haiti, its during this period that even the U.S forced France to stop taking this illegal/unfair fee from Haiti before france stopped. You have to read more about France colonies bro, then you will understand. Its just because we colonised more countries than France, thats why you think we are worse.lol Do some reasearch.

Mike, well, come to think of it, France still has an 'Empire' so to say. She still has quite a number of foreign territories or 'Outre me en'.

426db3be7bcdb2956451796e37f8ed79.png

Whilst I don't agree that everything that Britain touched turned to gold (obviously not the case), as some in here do. France was a pretty shitty colonizer. No rules, no uniformity, and a seemingly disjointed and chaotic approach to everything. Here's a comic that illustrates my point:

Credit to reddit/polandball
"Father's Day Around The World"

1e033faad26a66f7bced984f23066621.png

If you want to access youtube ,facebook and some other sites, you pay one dollar a month to use VPN service which China has dozens of providers and you can pay online by a gentle click, the fee is almost like nothing in China but most Chinese web users just don't care about those websites

but daedalus would say nobody can access youtube in mainland china :D

now tell me are you a patriotic nationalist or a traitor communist?

but daedalus would say nobody can access youtube in mainland china :D

now tell me are you a patriotic nationalist or a traitor communist?

I m sitting in my bedroom in Beijing viewing youtube now, you decide who to believe.

Mon Dieux ! With so many present day semi-dependencies of the old French Empire, no wonder why France is a beacon for many immigrants from Africa.

Mike, well, come to think of it, France still has an 'Empire' so to say. She still has quite a number of foreign territories or 'Outre me en'.

View attachment 111814

ahahahah, my friend Nihonji san, You even know french 'Outre mere' territories? ahahahhaha you seem to be quite well informed(even more than i thought). I do speak french quite fluently, and have lived in France for a long time(did my international relations studies in Paris), plus i have lived briefly in cameroon(an african french colony) as well. So i know quite alot about French colonies/policies/politics.;) Yes you are right, France almost still has an empire when you see the way they treat their african and carribean subjects. They still have several french overseas territories by the way, But the African ones have it farrrrr worse.

I beg to differ. In my opinion Britain is the worst coloniser , in a subtle way. Many of the leftover confilcts/issues around the world today, are the legacy of Brits.

The Middle East mess, India-Pakistan confilct, Israel-Palestine issuse, ethnic clash in Sri Lanka/Malaysia , Sino-India border issue etc. The cause of all these issues can trace back to British colonial era.

The trick Brits used to administrate colonies, is to incite the hatred between different local ethnic groups, alienate them from each other, foster one group suppress others. In this way the people in colony will never unite to rebel Brits.

Nah...the French do suck. They just suck.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom