What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

It is time for Mainland cities like Shanghai and Shenzhen to thrive.

Shanghai should be made THE financial centre of China, not Hong Kong.

It is time for the central government to withdraw policies that has sustained what HK is today。:azn:

Patriots like Chinese-Dragon can always find home in Shanghai。:enjoy:

魚丸 with pork inside is the best Yuwan in the world...!

Our 魚蛋 doesn't have any pork, it's fish.

Combine it with 腸粉 to get one of the best snacks in HK:

a2de9938610d15472285baead249da6e.jpg

81c89e236fb2f7faac200faa847b22e0.jpg

Patriots like Chinese-Dragon can always find home in Shanghai。:enjoy:

I actually wanted to move to Shanghai, or maybe Suzhou. :D

Attachments

• 5c36122826453c1b3c1cec0231c48141.jpg
    5c36122826453c1b3c1cec0231c48141.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
HK system was setup by CCP, why would CCP wants to undermine it ? At the moment , it is some HKers attempt to challenge the current system.

In fact, CCP has always been take it easy on HKers if you compare to the treatment mainlanders get, even in mainland HKers were given privileged status thanks to CCP.

Yet these ungrateful HKers take CCP's lenient policy as weakness, greedily ask more and more. It's time to stop spoil these brats and teach them some real-world lesson in the hard way.
NO, not you alone, the current HK system is a compromise between China and UK.
sure, the majority wants to make business and money. the problem is they mistrust the CCP and mainlanders in general.

In North China, but not South China.

BTW, before making fun at China, do you ever think the consequence of having the source of your Red River cutting off by us?

Your North Vietnam will become a barren land first.
I am stating facts, not making fun of water shortage in China. Cutting off the red river? are you mad now?

That's BS. :lol:

Check the HK election results for yourself. The overwhelming majority (including myself) voted for the pro-Beijing camp.

I wonder why majority of HK people choose pro-Beijing rather than the cool, trendy and awesome pro-Washington?

And majority of HK young people love cool things.

The pro-democracy camp received such a pitiful amount of votes, that's why they are acting so desperately now. Because they have no hope of getting into power by voting.

It's not desperate, but a very well thought and planned movement.

Majority or minority, it doesn't matter.

Chief Executive CY Leung already said that all these pro-democracy protests are illegal under HK law, and the protestors will be arrested.

It may be illegal.

But power gained by force.

If it hugely supported by the West, illegal can became legal. As well as legal became illegal.

I feel like CY Leung look very small and powerless here.

兄弟,心里明白就好,这里不太方便多说。

咱们的国家是这个星球上的主角,那些小丑狗腿子说的屁话不必太介意,咱们对打的对手还是美帝,作为以命相搏的最大竞争对手,彼此之间怎么可能会不仇恨对方? 大多数国人能够看清楚这点就是最大的进步了。

你能够保证有一天美帝垮台后它的那些狗腿子不见风使舵吗?

Of course the professional committee, who knows what kind of a$$hole is trying to take my vote.
呵呵 我也只是没事聊聊。前几天我去一个设计公司面试,老板是个鲜族人。妈蛋见面第一个事儿,跟我说:我们这个公司是来自韩国,我们用的都是韩国的设计方案跟施工工艺,你要想进来的话,做一套图纸,我看看你的设计思维怎么样。虽然我们韩国人做事比较严,但是我觉得你会学到很多东西的!
我当时听她韩国来韩国去的,鬼使神差的讲了一句:对不起,我不进你公司了,我是大国子民。
然后爷昂首挺胸走了出去......出门那一刻,忽然我想起来,我是世界上最大种族的一员,也是世界上最强国家之一的子民。
真事儿,不忽悠。

Fishballs. :P

View attachment 96292

We call it by a slightly different name in Cantonese than what they use in most of the Mainland.

Same as Youtiao (油條), in Hong Kong we call it "油炸鬼" (oil fried ghost). Don't ask why, it's a long story. :D

I'm not sure how to say it in English (maybe fried dough stick), but it's absolutely amazing:

View attachment 96297

OMG! Now I'm hungry! :lol:

HK system was setup by CCP, why would CCP wants to undermine it ? At the moment , it is some HKers attempt to challenge the current system.

In fact, CCP has always been take it easy on HKers if you compare to the treatment mainlanders get, even in mainland HKers were given privileged status thanks to CCP.

Yet these ungrateful HKers take CCP's lenient policy as weakness, greedily ask more and more. It's time to stop spoil these brats and teach them some real-world lesson in the hard way.

This is why I said that you give someone an inch, they will take it 100 miles.

Demands never end.

What we are seeing is the failure of the Chinese intelligence services, failure of the Chinese government to be proactive and for allowing foreign NGO's and foreign journalists to operate inside mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.

People are blaming the protestors, but these anti-China liberals are always there, so its up to the CPC to keep them down. It's the lack of proper governance that is at fault here.

If the CPC actually had been proactive, they would have known foreign embassies, consulates, NGO's and journalists in China, HK, Macau are there to fund destabilising protest movements. So everyone working in those embassies, consulates, NGOs and media companies must be under 24/7 surveillance to track what they are doing and disrupt their activities.

Chinese government spends billions to keep social stability, but they failed here.

Even after this protest ends, the CPC won't do sh*t. They are more worried about what others will say than doing whats in the best interest of China.

I really hope this will be the trigger to bring the hammer down on foreign NGO's, USAID, foreign journalists, and other troublemakers.

If the CPC don't respond in ruthless fashion to this protest and nip it in the bud, others will take inspiration from this and try to attempt similar movements.

The ball is in the court of the CPC. Let's see what they truly made of.

Shanghai should be made THE financial centre of China, not Hong Kong.

Shanghai is already the pseudo financial center of the PRC, in my honest opinion. Now, in regards to Hong Kong.

You know that Hong Kong has always been traditionally known as the "Pearl of the Orient". It was referred this , sometimes even regarded as the Paris of the East since the late 18th to early 19th century. Hong Kong, as the Bastion of British power in the Orient, was the financial center of East Asian enterprise, its links throughout Southeast Asia and Northeast Asia is established; having direct contacts with Banks in Thailand, Malaya, Singapore, the Philippines, Taiwan, Japan. The reason why Hong Kong will remain the economic capital of China is because the city has one of the most impressive economic freedom scores in the world; at a score of 90.1, which makes it the top rated economic int he index for the 20th consecutive year. Ask an economist , or political analyst and they'll tell you that Hong Kong has effectively navigated global booms and busts, with an improvement score of 1.6 to boot. Hong Kong has a high degree of market openness, one of the region's highest trade freedom scores, investment freedom, and financial freedom. One word describes Hong Kong: Transparent regulatory environment with a competitive tax regime. And that's the reason why Hong Kong will remain the conduit for China and the world, thereby cementing her financial strategic position for the long term.

没办法,西方对共产党的妖魔化是根深蒂固的,在德国这里从中学历史课中就开始教育学生厌恶共产党,主要是苏联对欧洲造成的负面影响以及人们当时所经受的恐惧,很多老师都是亲身经历过那一阶段,冷战遗留下来的观念根本没有被改善。而对中国的宣传也是从愚昧落后软弱可欺到邪恶危害环境人权等等。虽然中国发展成就让欧洲人不得不重新调整对中国的认识,但是与之伴随的对共产党的恐惧与厌恶并未得到缓解。
我属实英语不好,学历不高,只是中国北方的一个小城里的土鳖设计师。现在给我的感觉很怪,西方的老师告诉学生,中国里面是魔鬼,而我们国家的老师则告诉我们中国外面是天堂。我们的人民知道,无论再苦再累,我们也要工作,养家,致富。而在西方人眼里却是中国人可以低估货币,不正当竞争,奴隶工人,百姓没自由,工业污染。
以前的时候总觉得中国老百姓智商不够高(当时很愤青),可是泡翻译论坛还有各种涉外论坛时间久了以后。我才发现,国外老百姓智商尼玛不必我国偏远农村农民工强多少啊,只是多受了点教育而已。

To bad our central government is standing in the same camp as those hk tycoons because of common interest in maintaining order, but under certain aspect this might be conter productive if we want to build trust with common folks there, so many of them can barely make a living despite the fact of having relatively high income compared with mainland, as example those hongkong locals told me that one persons salary could barely cover the rent of a small run down apartment and how they were all enslaved by the rich, in that sense central government is standing with "slavers" .

These protests are result of western forged democratic ideas where CPC failed to provide better living standard to people which fuel more to this situation.

China should handle with protests with better economic & financial measures rather than force. That's important to reverse foreign tactics giving maximum throttle to fake democratic movement. Social media should be under strict control.

Shanghai is already the pseudo financial center of the PRC, in my honest opinion. Now, in regards to Hong Kong.

You know that Hong Kong has always been traditionally known as the "Pearl of the Orient". It was referred this , sometimes even regarded as the Paris of the East since the late 18th to early 19th century. Hong Kong, as the Bastion of British power in the Orient, was the financial center of East Asian enterprise, its links throughout Southeast Asia and Northeast Asia is established; having direct contacts with Banks in Thailand, Malaya, Singapore, the Philippines, Taiwan, Japan. The reason why Hong Kong will remain the economic capital of China is because the city has one of the most impressive economic freedom scores in the world; at a score of 90.1, which makes it the top rated economic int he index for the 20th consecutive year. Ask an economist , or political analyst and they'll tell you that Hong Kong has effectively navigated global booms and busts, with an improvement score of 1.6 to boot. Hong Kong has a high degree of market openness, one of the region's highest trade freedom scores, investment freedom, and financial freedom. One word describes Hong Kong: Transparent regulatory environment with a competitive tax regime. And that's the reason why Hong Kong will remain the conduit for China and the world, thereby cementing her financial strategic position for the long term.

I actually think that it is very likely that Shanghai will surpass us in this regard.

See the new Shanghai free trade zone, and their incredible growth momentum.

I do not mind, I'm a nationalist. The good of the country is more important than the individual city.

To bad our central government is standing in the same camp as those hk tycoons because of common interest in maintaining order, but under certain aspect this might be conter productive if we want to build trust with common folks there, so many of them can barely make a living despite the fact of having relatively high income compared with mainland, as example those hongkong locals told me that one persons salary could barely cover the rent of a small run down apartment and how they were all enslaved by the rich, in that sense central government is standing with "slavers" .

That's the tradeoff in living in a post-industrial city-state like Hong Kong. Cost of living in Hong Kong is even more expensive than in many parts of Japan, let alone compared to countries like South Korea or Taiwan.

This is why I said that you give someone an inch, they will take it 100 miles.

Demands never end.

What we are seeing is the failure of the Chinese intelligence services, failure of the Chinese government to be proactive and for allowing foreign NGO's and foreign journalists to operate inside mainland China, Hong Kong and Macau.

People are blaming the protestors, but these anti-China liberals are always there, so its up to the CPC to keep them down. It's the lack of proper governance that is at fault here.

If the CPC actually had been proactive, they would have known foreign embassies, consulates, NGO's and journalists in China, HK, Macau are there to fund destabilising protest movements. So everyone working in those embassies, consulates, NGOs and media companies must be under 24/7 surveillance to track what they are doing and disrupt their activities.

Chinese government spends billions to keep social stability, but they failed here.

Even after this protest ends, the CPC won't do sh*t. They are more worried about what others will say than doing whats in the best interest of China.

I really hope this will be the trigger to bring the hammer down on foreign NGO's, USAID, foreign journalists, and other troublemakers.

If the CPC don't respond in ruthless fashion to this protest and nip it in the bud, others will take inspiration from this and try to attempt similar movements.

The ball is in the court of the CPC. Let's see what they truly made of.

Definitely agree with you!

The same with the terrorist attacks, while none happened in the West.

These protests are result of western forged democratic ideas where CPC failed to provide better living standard to people which fuel more to this situation.

China should handle with protests with better economic & financial measures rather than force. That's important to reverse foreign tactics giving maximum throttle to fake democratic movement. Social media should be under strict control.

Definitely agree with the living standard.

Very poor people!

Chinese people deserve much better.

Work harder than anyone else, but still poor...

Poor people.

You should see people house in HK.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom