What's new

China Hong Kong SAR: News and Images

NO, not you alone, the current HK system is a compromise between China and UK.
sure, the majority wants to make business and money. the problem is they mistrust the CCP and mainlanders in general.

There was nothing about universal suffage in Sino-British Joint Declaration, those HKers take something didn't exist as granted.

Democratic development in Hong Kong - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Attempts to bring Hong Kong citizens on to the negotiatiing table by the British during the Sino-Anglo discussions was rejected by Beijing during the early 1980s.

To bad our central government is standing in the same camp as those hk tycoons because of common interest in maintaining order, but under certain aspect this might be conter productive if we want to build trust with common folks there, so many of them can barely make a living despite the fact of having relatively high income compared with mainland, as example those hongkong locals told me that one persons salary could barely cover the rent of a small run down apartment and how they were all enslaved by the rich, in that sense central government is standing with "slavers" .

I have no ill will towards the central government.

It's not their fault that our HK politicians are useless. That's our own fault.

That's the tradeoff in living in a post-industrial city-state like Hong Kong. Cost of living in Hong Kong is even more expensive than in many parts of Japan, let alone compared to countries like South Korea or Taiwan.

Yes, property prices in HK are insane, nearly the highest in the world.

Good food is quite cheap though, that's one nice thing. :D

Last edited:
why you guys are picking on a foreign journo??if you guys hate these journos so much,why allow them in China at the first place??

Arrest every foreign journalist. Every single one of them.

Once arrested, only release the journalists that are not destabilising China.

Guilty until proven innocent must be used here.

我属实英语不好,学历不高,只是中国北方的一个小城里的土鳖设计师。现在给我的感觉很怪,西方的老师告诉学生,中国里面是魔鬼,而我们国家的老师则告诉我们中国外面是天堂。我们的人民知道,无论再苦再累,我们也要工作,养家,致富。而在西方人眼里却是中国人可以低估货币,不正当竞争,奴隶工人,百姓没自由,工业污染。
以前的时候总觉得中国老百姓智商不够高(当时很愤青),可是泡翻译论坛还有各种涉外论坛时间久了以后。我才发现,国外老百姓智商尼玛不必我国偏远农村农民工强多少啊,只是多受了点教育而已。

准确的说中国并没有被描述成魔鬼,除去部分种族主义分子其他人说的一般都是要联合中国人民反对邪恶的中国政府等等,所谓罪恶都是政府造成的,发展成果都是虚假或跟政府无关等等。当然那些来过中国或跟国人辩论过的会有一些改观,当然也有恼羞成怒走极端。真正被描述成魔鬼的是苏联,其实也可以被理解,毕竟西方人在苏联威胁下生活了数十年,尤其是欧洲人基本都做好下一天就被轰炸(甚至是被核炸)的准备。当时西方反共宣传做的非常到位,即使是在今天很多西方人都还是抱着旧观念不放。

Yeah, my uncle lived in Hongkong. He bought an apartment; and even now (he's already died), He still can't pay fully his own house. Crazy.

Too bad there are still so many people in Hong Kong who does not share your view.
And many common folk in HongKong as in anywhere else wont care much for deep reason of their misery, they just want to blame someone and hold somebody else responsible, also they would want to use oppertunity to lose some steams.

I actually think that it is very likely that Shanghai will surpass us in this regard.

See the new Shanghai free trade zone, and their incredible growth momentum.

I do not mind, I'm a nationalist. The good of the country is more important than the individual city.

On June 29, 2003 , the Commerce Department Deputy Minister An Min, who represented the Central Government in Beijing, signed along with the Hong Kong SAR Financial Secretary Leung Kam Chung, the Mainland and Hong Kong Closer Economic Partnership Arrangement. Six supplementary agreements have been concluded int he years since, which have resulted in smoother cross-border traffic and further integrating the former colony into the Mainland's emerging economy.

These agreements have broadened the terms of entry by Hong Kong service sector companies into mainland markets. It will now be easier for Hong Kong-based travel agencies, banks, securities, law firms, and logistics to set up a more robust presence anywhere in China. Especially between Hong Kong and Shanghai.

Both Shanghai and Hong Kong, in my opinion, benefit from comparatively advantageous locations. Situated ont he southern shore of the mouth of the Yangzi River, Shanghai is within easy reach of the Yangzi Delta hinterland and in closer proximity with industrial cities such as Nanjing, Hangzhou, Ningbo, Wuxi and Changzhou. Hong Kong is perched on the South China Sea and straddles the Pearl River Delta. Hong Kong straddles the busiest shipping lanes in the Asia-Pacific region.

One thing that gives Hong Kong the advantage over Shanghai is the fact that Hong Kong SAR has been able to leverage its position under the "One Country Two Systems" policy to bolster its attractiveness to Direct Foreign Investors who seek greater access to the Chinese market but are wary of the vagaries of Chinese corporate law. Hong Kong, with its transparent regulatory regime, is ideal, in fact, Hong Kong economic regulation is even modeled in the West, Japan, South Korea, Singapore.

I believe that over time, as China's corporate law becomes better understood by foreign partners, and as China implements a broad-base regulatory regime fixed on transparency, this will eventually negate the importance of Hong Kong , and allow direct rapport between any of the major cities of the PRC to other global partners. And I think its possible.

May be you can help her to find a Vietnamese boyfriend. :-)

The criteria,

He must be handsome and able to grow beard.

Tall, 175cm above.

Athletic body, but not over bulky.

Between 23-30 years old.

Rich parent, owned a company and factory.

Kind, polite, neat , smart and graduate from US or UK.

:kiss3:

Diclong is a girl?

why you guys are picking on a foreign journo??if you guys hate these journos so much,why allow them in China at the first place??

you are very welcome to come to HK and bring them to Kashmir India or up in the chicken neck

craazy. she is a false one
dont eat the bait

ps: how can I change my flag (Greece) to China?

Yes Keel is right. Don't eat the bait. Once PLA comes to Hongkong, check mate. A great disaster for China.

Last edited:
准确的说中国并没有被描述成魔鬼,除去部分种族主义分子其他人说的一般都是要联合中国人民反对邪恶的中国政府等等,所谓罪恶都是政府造成的,发展成果都是虚假或跟政府无关等等。当然那些来过中国或跟国人辩论过的会有一些改观,当然也有恼羞成怒走极端。真正被描述成魔鬼的是苏联,其实也可以被理解,毕竟西方人在苏联威胁下生活了数十年,尤其是欧洲人基本都做好下一天就被轰炸(甚至是被核炸)的准备。当时西方反共宣传做的非常到位,即使是在今天很多西方人都还是抱着旧观念不放。
嗯 欧洲确实有情可原,但是 夹喷 红孔 还有 烤瑞鸭 蝇个烂 这几个杂碎对中国妖魔化的有些过头了,真心的。看他们报道,无论好坏,总能听见一群带着有色眼镜的偏见记者跟纂稿人。很多时候都恨不得立刻跟他们吵一架,但是想想自己高中以后英语就废了,还是暂且饶他们一条狗命了。

You know, last time I visited Hong Kong by way of Cathay Pacific, I was stunned at the cost of commodities. To be honest, cost of living in Hong Kong is similar to that in Tokyo. Sometimes, even a bit more expensive ! But the food prices were reasonable tho. And one thing that i love is that Hong Kongers cook large quantity. So its like you get what you paid for. :smitten:

Not like in Japan where they feed such small portions. :hitwall:

I believe that over time, as China's corporate law becomes better understood by foreign partners, and as China implements a broad-base regulatory regime fixed on transparency, this will eventually negate the importance of Hong Kong , and allow direct rapport between any of the major cities of the PRC to other global partners. And I think its possible.

Absolutely, that's exactly what I thought as well.

But that was inevitable really. Anyway, we are fighters, we can get back our competitive edge in some other way. :D

For example, HK Universities are filled with many of the best and brightest students from the Mainland, many of whom stay to work here.

That has always been at the root of our competitive power, attracting talented individuals from other parts of China.

see,thats what I'm talking about..being a dumb doesn't help.if you guys have problem with foreign media,Bar them.we barred Pakistani Channels long ago..

if they're truly creating troubles,its your right.but later b!tch!ng about it doesn't halp much and portrays you in poor light.

and about Foreign media in Kashmir and Chicken's Neck..LOL..I live very near of Chicken's Neck.and Foreign Media is free to report from anywhere in India.but I think they've to take some permission for some equipments like satphones and all...over 300 foreign media was in India in early 21st century.I think its over or near thousand by now.

The problem is, that our Chinese friends here suspect that this demonstration is just US strategem to destabilize China. So they fear that those foreign journalists will blow up the story and make China in disadvantage. Well, after reading some of their post, I suspect that some foreign power is behind this demonstration too. But as long as they don't use fire arms, and kill some demonstrators, I don't think that these people will cause unexpected trouble. They can even show that they don't use lethal weapons. So if some demonstrator got shot, they have a proof that it is not Hongkong police doing.

Because, we all know that the danger of a demonstration like this is if some demonstrators get shot and killed, then the Western media blow it up and make your country into chaos.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom