What's new

China Gifts J-10 jets to Sri Lanka

China earlier gifted 6 F-7G jets to Sri Lanka

Now J-10 jets coming……..

This is related to China & Sri Lanka

Im referring to the usual unsubstantiated news that you peddle (remember the "Al -Zarrar" and "OMG I GOT HACKED" "F-15s confirmed for India" threads? :azn:)

China will fulfill the needs of Sri Lanka - Chinese FM

Chinese Minister of Foreign Affairs Yang Jiechi told, Minister of External Affairs Professor G.L. Peiris, in Beijing that Sri Lanka, having rid itself of terrorism and embarked on the course of accelerated economic development with determination, should receive the support of the international community in achieving its objectives.

He added that China, for her part, would make the maximum effort to fulfil Sri Lanka’s needs as the country addresses itself to the task of attempting to use its natural strengths to improve the lives of its citizens, with the dawn of peace and stability.

He added that Countries big and small have their own problems, and it is important to remember that solutions have to be found to suit the circumstances of each situation in keeping with the wishes of the country in question without hectoring or pressure from outside.

Professor Peiris informed China’s Foreign Minister that the Lessons Learnt and Reconciliation Commission appointed by President Mahinda Rajapaksa had held its first public sitting on the previous day and commenced its work.

Thanking Foreign Minister Yang Jiechi for China’s generous assistance with regard to infrastructure development in Sri Lanka, Minister Peiris said that Sri Lanka was proud of her achievement in securing a growth rate of 8% in respect of her economy.

The Minister added that President Mahinda Rajapaksa considered it even more important to ensure that the benefits of this development should be enjoyed fairly throughout the Island, especially in the rural sector.

From this perspective, Sri Lanka particularly appreciates China’s role in contributing massively to the development of ports and harbours, highways and other infrastructure facilities.

China will fulfill the needs of Sri Lanka, Chinese FM tells Min.Prof. G.L. Peiris. - Lankan General News - Tops Sri Lanka - Tops.lk

I see nothing change on PDF while i been away lankan is up to his old tricks again lucky its not cut and paste job again

China also earlier delivered advance radars to Sri Lanka

20110302_AF28.jpg

If Pakistan is not getting them for free, Sri Lanka sure isn't going to. At best I see it as a low interest loan they will need to pay back later.

I bet its not even true until i see a credible source

Sri Lanka one of the main logistic suppliers to the Chinese Navy in Indian Ocean

I am surprised to see the comments by some members, even in this moment there are Chinese Navel ships in Sri Lanka

1291777080_91040.jpg

1291777080_20786.jpg

Good, because I don't think giving out half a billion dollars worth of arms to a country for free is smart.

well, there are many situations where it would be.
sri lanka is not a rich country that can afford to buy J-10s any time soon.
sri lanka is a very important strategic ally to china. reinforcing it's military would serve many strategic goals. the obvious one is to secure a base for china's future blue-water navy in the indian ocean. it would also shift regional balance of power towards china and it's allys. Also, J-10s are being put on the global arms market, and the more that it get adopted by different countries the easier it is to sell.

sure it is pretty generous but i don't think it's unreasonable.

Back
Top Bottom