What's new

China Economy Forum

It may be strange to hear this from a Filipino, but I am not exactly a fan of kare-kare. :o::o:

Hahaha ! When my Filipino friends took me to this one resto in Manila called "Gerry's Grill", they ordered Kare Kare with other dishes like Pinakbet, Langka, Menudo , Pancit Sotanghon... But my first reaction was apprehension to the Kare . It looked so foreign to me , that and the ox tail lol. But my goodness once I tasted it... The flavor is so addictive.

LOL! You really need rice and a whole lot of it when you eat Kare Kare tho.

Btw, one dish that is also good is Palabok Pancit!

You can eat hot chili like that bro? Omg!

Edited, too personal :cool:

Yup, it is easy to eat those chili while eating Mie. Usually we eat those chili with this tahu ( without rice)
tahu-baxo-ibu-pudji1.jpg

Last edited:
Open more in Shanghai please!
My favorites(wrong spelling maybe, please correct):
Soup Bun Tok, Gado gado, Satay Ayam, Tofu Goreng Tolok, Sambal Kakong and ikan (fish) something I forget the exact name ...

@Yizhi @AndrewJin @Edison Chen @Nihonjin1051
What are your favorites?
Of course Chinese. Traveling around China for me is not just about scenery but about different kinds of food. Chinese food is so diverse. 饕餮食客!
@ashok mourya I don't think you guys in India have access to Chinese food. My Indian friend who is working in China was shocked the first time he had food here, which had no similarity with the "Chinese food" in India.

@madokafc I have tried once. But I don't know it was authentic or not and I payed $60 for 2 persons. Anyway, I like them very much. I don't think there is any Indonesian restaurant in Wuhan which has 10 million inhabitants. The domestic market of China is too big, I think you guys can really open more restaurants.

Indonesian Bhumiputa
Of course Chinese. Traveling around China for me is not just about scenery but about different kinds of food. Chinese food is so diverse. 饕餮食客!
@ashok mourya I don't think you guys in India have access to Chinese food. My Indian friend who is working in China was shocked the first time he had food here, which had no similarity with the "Chinese food" in India.

@madokafc I have tried once. But I don't know it was authentic or not and I payed $60 for 2 persons. Anyway, I like them very much. I don't think there is any Indonesian restaurant in Wuhan which has 10 million inhabitants. The domestic market of China is too big, I think you guys can really open more restaurants.
In india every airconditioned resturant is also a chinese resturant .......chowmin, soup, momo, manchurian all are very common here.....these foods now penetrated every house holds and the preparation of chinese food also indianized with time.....italian food like pizza is now acommon food for city residents...

Indonesian Bhumiputa

In india every airconditioned resturant is also a chinese resturant .......chowmin, soup, momo, manchurian all are very common here.....these foods now penetrated every house holds and the preparation of chinese food also indianized with time.....italian food like pizza is now acommon food for city residents...
Curious, what is Manchurian? Chowmin? No A/C in non-Chinese?

Indian Chinese cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Manchurian food has a history .check this link.
Manchu cuisine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Lot of road side shops and fast food shop too provide chinese foods.
Interesting...
I have tried some Chinese food outside China, in Australia and Southeast Asia. Since they are mostly run by local Chinese, the food there is generally good.
Do they serve pork, fish or chicken in Chinese restaurant in India? Chinese Vegetarian restaurant is very expensive and food there looks and tastes like meet, but no meet at all!

Interesting...
I have tried some Chinese food outside China, in Australia and Southeast Asia. Since they are mostly run by local Chinese, the food there is generally good.
Do they serve pork, fish or chicken in Chinese restaurant in India? Chinese Vegetarian restaurant is very expensive and food there looks and tastes like meet, but no meet at all!
Beef and pork are mostly a taboo in india, no resturant provides beef or pork or dog meat here in india.Most of us like chinese noodles which now became common indian food.

Beef and pork are mostly a taboo in india, no resturant provides beef or pork or dog meat here in india.Most of us like chinese noodles which now became common indian food.
There is no dog meat in most places in China, mostly in Chinese Korean regions. Just like a certain caste in India gain all the protein from rat meat, not a universal thing.
Chinese noodles...You guys really don't know what is Chinese noodles in China.

the problems with authentic Indonesian cuisine is the recipes as we using so many indigenous plants and spices to made them, and it will bring more cost to bring them into overseas restaurants who want to serve the menu for their customer.
@madokafc @Shotgunner51 ,

Couple of years ago I dated an Indonesian Chinese girl one thing that she used to cook for me was something I never had before called Sayur Asem, and it became an addiction for me lol. It's a soup dish that has tamarind spice and variety of veggies she put like bakchoy, eggplant , peas, string beans, Karo beans, ginger, lemon grass and she also put diced chicken breast.

Shoot man!!!! I can eat bowls of that stuff it's that good. Also bami gorang and that one sweet and spicy beef dish they have I think it's called Impal Gipuk!

Man I'm so so so hungry!!!!

Wow!!

You can eat hot chili like that bro? Omg!

Ah!! Delicious ! In the Philippines they have their own version of this and they call it "Arozcaldo".

It tastes phenomenal.

Buahaha!!

Is there coconut milk in that broth bro? Coconut milk with curry? Kinda looks similar to a dish I had in the Philippines only they also put jackfruit , they call it "Sabao Nga Lanka".

it is called Soto betawi, they using coconut milk but not with curry spices, they using ginger, lemongrass, lengkuas (galangal), onion, garlic, salam leaves, coriander, cumin, nutmeg, hazelnut, pepper, lime as the spices recipe.

There is no dog meat in most places in China, mostly in Chinese Korean regions. Just like a certain caste in India gain all the protein from rat meat, not a universal thing.
Chinese noodles...You guys really don't know what is Chinese noodles in China.

Chinese noodles, there is so many variants, in Indonesia it self, i just knowing and trying at least seven to 10 different type of noodles, i think China has more variant than us.

the problems with authentic Indonesian cuisine is the recipes as we using so many indigenous plants and spices to made them, and it will bring more cost to bring them into overseas restaurants who want to serve the menu for their customer.

it is called Soto betawi, they using coconut milk but not with curry spices, they using ginger, lemongrass, lengkuas (galangal), onion, garlic, salam leaves, coriander, cumin, nutmeg, hazelnut, pepper, lime as the spices recipe.

Chinese noodles, there is so many variants, in Indonesia it self, i just knowing and trying at least seven to 10 different type of noodles, i think China has more variant than us.
Yes, that's why every day is a new venture for me.(I'm now traveling in Auhui Province of Central China)
Mao-tofu in Anhui, healthy mucor on the surface. (Mao means hairy)
屏幕快照 2015-04-13 10.24.01.png

BTW, if you are a vegan, Indonesian cuisine is notorious for their extensive usage of non-meat dishes. Like tempe, tofu, oncom and so on they can be considered as protein sources replacement of meat.

Today my brunch, sesame source dry noodle(4yuan=$0.65), dry chicken wonton(5yuan=$0.80)
ImageUploadedByDefence.pk1428894110.344990.jpg

In Indian tradition, rats are seen as the vehicle of Ganesha, and a rat's statue is always found in a temple of Ganesh. The attending priests feed milk and grain to the rats, of which the pilgrims also partake.No rat meat used as food any where in India.

9 Chinese Favourites In India That Are Unheard Of In China

Chinese food is the most popular foreign cuisine in India surpassing Continental and Mexican, which come in at second place. It seems we love their food more than we respect their country. But before this story digresses into politics, is the Chinese food we eat here, authentic? The answer is no.

Indian Chinese food was born when Chinese migrants settled in Calcutta and developed a cuisine to suit the local taste. It wasn't just limited to India though; this renaissance of traditional cuisine to suit the taste of the local people happened in the United States, Europe and South East Asia which saw a heavy migration of Chinese people from an impoverished communist era.

When you dine at a Chinese restaurant in India the most popular dishes are always stir fried noodles, fried rice, chicken or vegetable nuggets in some spicy thick sauce and vegetables that have also been stir fried to death. What do they all have in common? They are all packed with flavour and assemble several ingredients. Does this remind you a bit of Indian cuisine?

In China, the food might be the same or it could be completely unheard of. Whuttt?? Because traditional Chinese food focuses on the main ingredient of the dish to bring out its full flavour. The condiments are served on the side so the diner may season the dish according to what he fancies.

1. Vegetarian Hakka Noodles.
Stir-fried noodles with sliced vegetables, and sometimes, egg. We eat it mixed with spicy sauces just like we eat chappati with subzi.

sillyjilly_1423822798.jpg

flickr.com/sillyjilly

Believe it or not, this dish is eaten as street food in the mainland, and is a quick and simple dish for mothers to get rid of leftover vegetables and noodles.

flickr.com/avlxyz

Noodles are not always eaten as a part of a meal but if it is, it is eaten in a bowl in broth or in dry form with a thick sauce or paste to add some flavour. Mind you, the noodles are not stir fried. It's like a meal in a bowl with chunks of vegetables, tofu and meat that add as side dishes. Condiments of dried chilli paste, chillies soaked in soya sauce and sweet chillies are served on the side in case the diner would like to customize the intensity of the flavour.

houseofhaos.com

2. Vegetarian Manchurian.
Ah the Manchurian, a.k.a, a ball of smashed cauliflower and sliced cabbage coated in flour and deep fried to be finally dunked in a thickened concoction of soya sauce. The far eastern cousin of the beloved kofta.

flickr.com

"I love Manchurian with noodles", declares Rajarshi, as he orders the dish in question at a vendor's stall. Little does he know that Manchurian are a people in China who hail from the north-eastern part of the country.

Perhaps in a parallel universe, the Chinese have developed a cuisine where Indian food is suited to their tastes. I wouldn't be surprised if they love sweet and spicy chicken skewers called 'punjabi'.

3. Dimsums.
Dimsums are served in classy Chinese restaurants here while momos are found just about anywhere. The choice is basic depending on the meat of the filling. Chicken and pork.

14351527671_e51aa15bd3_z_1423823390.jpg

flickr

Dimsums in China are a tea time favourite. They come in all styles with various fillings ranging from savoury to sweet. Chicken, pork, beef (RSS people be like "hawwwwwww"), seafood, soup, red bean paste and lotus paste.

9280104491_6a00743d44_b_1423823429_1423823437.jpg

ccfoodtravel.com

Steamed in bamboo baskets, the skill of the chef is evident from the intricate folds of the pouch and its ability to not break when lifted with chop sticks.

flickr.com/jonapark

Enjoy with a warm cup of jasmine tea.

4. Sweet corn chicken soup.
The classic favourite that is now available in sachets. Pour in some hot water and you're good to go. This sweetened soup with corn egg and chunks of chicken is not the same in China.

knorr_1423823530.jpeg

knorr.in

In the mainland, soups remain thin and hearty as herbs and meats are braised to perfection. They are generally eaten with rice and make up a wonderful meal for those who are watching their weight.

15622833290_2660f91e28_z_1423823674.jpg

In India, a soup must be a starter to a Chinese meal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom