What's new

China Economy Forum

I am not sure how to pronounce "Sop Buntut" but it is ox tail soup

Correct buddy,

Buntut = Tail ( English)
Sapi = ox

When my father passed away, My mother didnt have income while all her kids were still at university, including me, so my mother made a restaurant at that time, and this cuisine is one of the favorite one during that difficult time :enjoy:

Correct buddy,

Buntut = Tail ( English)
Sapi = ox

When my father passed away, My mother didnt have income while all her kids were still at university, including me, so my mother made a restaurant at that time, and this cuisine is one of the favorite one during that difficult time :enjoy:

Dalimagasi, that's my favorite soup!

Wish you have a good business at the restaurant. And you mother is a respectable and courageous woman, hats off to her and all mothers!

Dalimagasi, that's my favorite soup!

And you mother is a respectable and courageous woman, hats off to her and all mothers!

Thanks bro, her father was also a successful businessman before, so the courage maybe come from there beside her faith to the God........ :)

And since you like sop buntut, you might like "soto Betawi," using ox as well, if you come to Jakarta once again, dont forget to buy this, in my opinion it is more delicious than sop buntut, especially if you can find a good restaurant.

Soto-Betawi.jpg

Soto Betawi ( Local/ Native Jakarta people (Betawi) cuisine )

Thanks bro, her father was also a successful businessman before, so the courage maybe come from there beside her faith to the God........ :)

And since you like sop buntut, you might like "soto Betawi," using ox as well, if you come to Jakarta once again, dont forget to buy this, in my opinion it is more delicious than sop buntut, especially if you can find a good restaurant.

Soto-Betawi.jpg

I believe love for the kids was her main source power as well!

Back to topic, I tried Soto Ayam last time. Cool, must try this on my next visit!

I eat Indonesian food at least 3-4 times a week!!! I'm not kidding.

Unfortunately, it is only this:

IMG_2370.jpg

But I still love it.

Open some Indonesian restaurants in India too.We just cooked up by Chinese and Italian food need some refreshment.

padang( sumatra island) is very similar to indian style......many curry is indian style .....only difference is we use curry leaf ......indonesian curry they use lemongrass and coconut milk.....

javanese like more sweet ...like gujarati....sweet soya sauce is quite popular and widely use in java island

I believe love for the kids was her main source power as well!

Back to topic, I tried Soto Ayam last time. Cool, must try this on my next visit!

Yup, thanks bro..........

Soto Ayam is also good, but we should eat that with rice......

Some Indonesian food has Chinese influence like this one, and it is so easy to be found every where

Mie Pangsit, using chopstick as well to eat this

baj-pangsit-goreng.jpg

There are many version of Mie Pangsit
mie-baso-anggrek4.jpg

I eat Indonesian food at least 3-4 times a week!!! I'm not kidding.

Unfortunately, it is only this:

IMG_2370.jpg

But I still love it.

:lol: :lol:

We just eat that if there are nothing left in the kitchen .......... :p:

this is a spicy version :)

images

We just eat that if there are nothing left in the kitchen .......... :p:

Yea same here bro, I eat it because there is nothing in my kitchen for most of the week.

this is a spicy version :)

images

I've never tried this one. Looks dangerous, like it was made in some factory in Chernobyl.

I just usually add chilli sauce on the normal version.

Btw, Instant mi goreng is very popular with Asian students in Aus and NZ. Especially the poor ones lol.

Students' Representative Council, Sydney University » We cannot live on Mi Goreng alone. (This report is not by the Welfare Officer Eleanor Morley)

You’ve probably already had this one yelled at you by a campaigner in a garish and ill-fighting t-shirt, but here goes.

Nobody should ever have to live off Mi Goreng to afford textbooks. If you’d like to get involved in the fight against student poverty, shoot your Welfare Officers an email...

Last edited:
Yea same here bro, I eat it because there is nothing in my kitchen for most of the week.
I've never tried this one. Looks dangerous, like it was made in some factory in Chernobyl.

I just usually add chilli sauce on the normal version.

You need to import my cousin rendang package there to replace Indomie, so you can eat delicious food easily and cheaper, just need to cook rice which is not really that difficult........It seems that it can be successful in Australia, Australia is also not too far from Indonesia.

Usually I always eat Indomie with two or three real chili in my hand, even I grow them at my home :lol:

6.jpg

@madokafc @Shotgunner51 ,

Couple of years ago I dated an Indonesian Chinese girl one thing that she used to cook for me was something I never had before called Sayur Asem, and it became an addiction for me lol. It's a soup dish that has tamarind spice and variety of veggies she put like bakchoy, eggplant , peas, string beans, Karo beans, ginger, lemon grass and she also put diced chicken breast.

Shoot man!!!! I can eat bowls of that stuff it's that good. Also bami gorang and that one sweet and spicy beef dish they have I think it's called Impal Gipuk!

Man I'm so so so hungry!!!!

sup Buntok, tahu goreng colok? , sambal kangkung for fish i had no idea maybe like this one? this is a Sundanese style baked fish

800px-Sundanese_Food_01.JPG

my self, i like fried rice, Chicken satay and gado-gado and i am quite fond with Indonesian Chinese cuisine like Kwe tiau, Bak mie chicken and Bakso

Bak Mie Ayam

800px-Mi_ayam_jamur.JPG

Wow!!

You need to import my cousin rendang package there to replace Indomie, so you can eat delicious food easily and cheaper, just need to cook rice which is not really that difficult........It seems that it can be successful in Australia, Australia is also not too far from Indonesia.

Usually I always eat Indomie with two or three real chili in my hand, even I grow them at my home :lol:

6.jpg

You can eat hot chili like that bro? Omg!

Indonesian style chicken congee or bubur ayam

800px-Bubur_ayam_Bali.jpg

Ah!! Delicious ! In the Philippines they have their own version of this and they call it "Arozcaldo".

It tastes phenomenal.

guys, food p*** at this ungodly hour? it's inhumane!!!

:devil:.

not that familiar with Indonesian food.... well i've tried 巴东牛肉 Beef Rendang (?) once love the texture and spiciness. it's really good especially when served with rice. yummy.

resep-rendang.jpg

there are quite a few famous Indonesian restaurants in Guangzhou actually, it's just i'm more into Chinese food in general...

Sichuan is my soul.

Buahaha!!

Soto-Betawi.jpg

Is there coconut milk in that broth bro? Coconut milk with curry? Kinda looks similar to a dish I had in the Philippines only they also put jackfruit , they call it "Sabao Nga Lanka".

Actually the "local" version is Lugaw. Arozcaldo is the hispanized derivative of the congee here in the Philippines :-)

Ah yes! I always found the Arozcaldo better tasting tho, lol. The ginger they have inside opens the nasal passages quite well. Very good if one had an active evening. Lol.

Ah yes! I always found the Arozcaldo better tasting tho, lol. The ginger they have inside opens the nasal passages quite well. Very good if one had an active evening. Lol.

I see.

Well I am not much a fan of lugaw and arroz caldo. :o:

But I miss eating nasi goreng along with khao phat. :-)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom