Historical Ties India And Indonesia::Indian Influence Abroad
photo+%25281%2529.JPG
Gota-Baigan-Besara-1-20140309_134811.jpg
photo+%25283%2529.JPG
200px-Ilishi_maachha.jpg
orissa-food.jpg
Orissa%20Food.jpg
photo(5).JPG

Surely North and West Sumatra region is heavily influenced by Indian and Arab style cuisine and they tend to use more spicy recipes for their foods, meanwhile Java is more indigenous although the coastal area in Central Java seemed heavily influenced by Chinese style cuisine. Meanwhile the more eastern provinces has more indigenous recipes

here is roti canay with Padang Curry from Bukit Tinggi West Sumatra provinces

800px-Roticanai_bukittinggi.jpg

sup Buntok, tahu goreng colok? , sambal kangkung for fish i had no idea maybe like this one? this is a Sundanese style baked fish

800px-Sundanese_Food_01.JPG

my self, i like fried rice, Chicken satay and gado-gado and i am quite fond with Indonesian Chinese cuisine like Kwe tiau, Bak mie chicken and Bakso

Bak Mie Ayam

800px-Mi_ayam_jamur.JPG

Dalimagasi bro! My spelling was awful! :-)

This is my favorite Indonesian Restaurant in Shanghai, right in downtown, inside a park!

- All chef are from Indonesia
- The Decor. Has three floors of seating areas, along with an outdoors patio space. Each floor is decorated with authentic Indonesian artworks and artefacts.
- No. 1649 Nanjing West Road, Jing An District, Shanghai (inside Jing'an Park)

3_100706184321_8.JPG
3_100706184322_10.JPG
3_100706184321_5.jpg

Last edited:
Open more in Shanghai please!
My favorites(wrong spelling maybe, please correct):
Soup Bun Tok, Gado gado, Satay Ayam, Tofu Goreng Tolok, Sambal Kakong and ikan (fish) something I forget the exact name ...

@Yizhi @AndrewJin @Edison Chen @Nihonjin1051
What are your favorites?

Can't wait to see you guys share some delicious Chinese food or other cuisines to us! I like them all! Haha

Have not yet had a chance to try any Indonesian cuisine. :cry:
P/S: Really like Nabati wafer and Kopiko candy.

wafer biscuits from Mayora and Kopiko candy is a great snacks for children

Thanks my spelling was awful! :-) This is my favorite Indonesian Restaurant in Shanghai, right in downtown, inside a park!

- All chef are from Indonesia
- The Decor. Has three floors of seating areas, along with an outdoors patio space. Each floor is decorated with authentic Indonesian artworks and artefacts.
- No. 1649 Nanjing West Road, Jing An District, Shanghai (inside Jing'an Park)

View attachment 214397 View attachment 214398 View attachment 214399

those quite a restaurant you had visited there, myself is only once to visit Laguna resto :p:

Balinese cuisine is one of the most difficult to be served regarding their complex mixture of spicy and seasoning sauce,
800px-Bali_cuisine.jpg

wafer biscuits from Mayora and Kopiko candy is a great snacks for children

those quite a restaurant you had visited there, myself is only once to visit Laguna resto :p:

Balinese cuisine is one of the most difficult to be served regarding their complex mixture of spicy and seasoning sauce,
800px-Bali_cuisine.jpg

Yeah I enjoyed the food when I was in Bali too, that's why I love to visit that restaurant in Shanghai for the taste. A bit different from what I tried in Jakarta, anyway all good!

Dalimagasi bro for sharing all these pics, I'm hungry now!

guys, food p*** at this ungodly hour? it's inhumane!!!

:devil:.

Open more in Shanghai please!
My favorites(wrong spelling maybe, please correct):
Soup Bun Tok, Gado gado, Satay Ayam, Tofu Goreng Tolok, Sambal Kakong and ikan (fish) something I forget the exact name ...

@Yizhi @AndrewJin @Edison Chen @Nihonjin1051
What are your favorites?
not that familiar with Indonesian food.... well i've tried 巴东牛肉 Beef Rendang (?) once love the texture and spiciness. it's really good especially when served with rice. yummy.

resep-rendang.jpg

there are quite a few famous Indonesian restaurants in Guangzhou actually, it's just i'm more into Chinese food in general...

Sichuan is my soul.

guys, food p*** at this ungodly hour? it's inhumane!!!

:devil:.

not that familiar with Indonesian food.... well i've tried 巴东牛肉 Beef Rendang (?) once love the texture and spiciness. it's really good especially when served with rice. yummy.

resep-rendang.jpg

there are quite a few famous Indonesian restaurants in Guangzhou actually, it's just i'm more into Chinese food in general...

Sichuan is my soul.

Inhumane ... LOL ... I can use a nasi lemak now!

My top cuisines: Sichuan (四川), Japanese, Thai, Indonesian/Malaysian, Cantonese, Korean, French, Burgers

Carp fish pepes, Pepes is an Indonesian cooking method using banana leaf as food wrappings. The banana-leaf package containing food is secured with lidi seumat (a small nail made from central rib of coconut-leaf and sew upon banana-leaf), cooked on steam, in boiled water or grilled on charcoal. This cooking technique allowed the rich spices mixture to be compressed against the main ingredients inside the individual banana leaf package while being cooked, and also add distinct aroma of cooked or burned banana leaf. Although being cooked simultaneously with food, the banana leaf is a non-edible material and its function was as the cookable organic wrapper.

800px-Pepes_ikan_emas_%28pais_lauk_mas%29_Sunda.jpg

sup Buntok, tahu goreng colok? , sambal kangkung for fish i had no idea maybe like this one? this is a Sundanese style baked fish

I think @Shotgunner51 means Soup Buntut :p:

This is Sop Buntut

sop-buntut.jpg

Sambal kangkung for fish I think is sambal kangkung that is usually presented in a fish restaurant or like in "kerang rebus" restaurant

Kangkung-300x200.jpg

@Indos @madokafc @nufix - I haven't had the chance to eat Indonesian cuisine ! :(

I want a restaurant to open in Pakistan too ? :taz:

Well my cousin has made rendang balado package, Minang Kabau cuisine, like this one :

3683521_rendangku.jpg

According to CNN travel, it is number 1 food in the world ( based on survey)

You can import one container of this and we can get some profit out of it :devil:

Ayam goreng is a generic term to refer to various kinds of Indonesian and Malaysian dish of Chicken deep fried in Coconut Oil. Ayam goreng literally means "fried chicken" in Indonesian and Malay. Unlike Southern United States style Fried Chicken, this Southeast Asian version is absent of batter coated flour and richer in spices.

800px-Ayam_goreng_in_Jakarta.JPG

Ayam goreng Kalasan, served with kremes crispy granule

I think @Shotgunner51 means Soup Buntut :p:

This is Sop Buntut

sop-buntut.jpg

Sambal kangkung for fish I think is sambal kangkung that is usually presented in a fish restaurant or like in "kerang rebus" restaurant

Kangkung-300x200.jpg

Well my cousin has made rendang balado package, Minang Kabau cuisine, like this one :

3683521_rendangku.jpg

According to CNN travel, it is number 1 food in the world ( based on survey)

You can import one container of this and we can get some profit out of it :devil:

I am not sure how to pronounce "Sop Buntut" but it is ox tail soup

Carp fish pepes, Pepes is an Indonesian cooking method using banana leaf as food wrappings. The banana-leaf package containing food is secured with lidi seumat (a small nail made from central rib of coconut-leaf and sew upon banana-leaf), cooked on steam, in boiled water or grilled on charcoal. This cooking technique allowed the rich spices mixture to be compressed against the main ingredients inside the individual banana leaf package while being cooked, and also add distinct aroma of cooked or burned banana leaf. Although being cooked simultaneously with food, the banana leaf is a non-edible material and its function was as the cookable organic wrapper.

800px-Pepes_ikan_emas_%28pais_lauk_mas%29_Sunda.jpg

I know this! Very spicy! :tup:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom