What's new

China economy boost the Navy, 6th 052C DDG finished next 055

so can 2 or more missiles from cell be fired together even if missiles are in different canister but only in one cell?
4x ESSM missiles in different canisters, the pic showed them.

I don't think ESSM missiles can fired together, coz 4x hot-launched ESSM canisters share a single exhaust channel in one cell, Cooling is a problem for hot-launched VLS system.

4x ESSM missiles in different canisters, the pic showed them.

I don't think ESSM missiles can fired together, coz 4x hot-launched ESSM canisters share a single exhaust channel in one cell, Cooling is a problem for hot-launched VLS system.
Thanks.

Nope, none of these things came from the official claim, but most of them later turned out to be true.

Just like the so-called Type 052D and Type 055, none of these names came from China's official report.
ok.

PS

Type 094 = Delta IV class
Type 093 = decommissioned LA class
Type 093A = older LA class in service
Type 093B = newer LA class in service

This is the realistic estimation for PLAN's nuclear sub, while some US reports are hilarious by claiming that PLAN's nuclear subs are only equivalent to those of the 1960s Soviet era.

So China can build the Type 055 (equivalent to Zumwalt) and J-20 (equivalent to F-22), but suddenly her nuclear subs are only 1960s? Who is going to believe this bullsh1t?

PS

Type 094 = Delta IV class
Type 093 = decommissioned LA class
Type 093A = older LA class in service
Type 093B = newer LA class in service

This is the realistic estimation for PLAN's nuclear sub, while some US reports are hilarious by claiming that PLAN's nuclear subs are only equivalent to those of the 1960s Soviet era.

So China can build the Type 055 (equivalent to Zumwalt) and J-20 (equivalent to F-22), but suddenly her nuclear subs are only 1960s? Who is going to believe this bullsh1t?
There are few things which I will disagree with your conclusion. First thing 93 to 93B is sure a good jump for PRC but to say that it jumped to older LA class to new LA class is not justified considering the relative changes in between. Simply because no one knows clear cut capabilities of nuke subs. Every boat type is unique and there is nothing that can demonise any boat from any country. J 20 is interior against F22 as Indian Russian jv plane is. It is as simple as that. Apart from bomb carrying capability I don't see ours and yours standing against them anywhere else. Whether its about stealth, tracking and engaging or maximum supercruise, they win hands down. When talking about 55 against Zumwalt class, please first reach the level of their currently in service new AB destroyers and Ticos. Then only you can work the techs which are imployed in Zumwalt. As for as ours concerning frankly ours is still not at the level of your 52Cs in capability terms although it may cross it in next 6 months to 1 year period. I would like to say that in my opinion INDIA should maintain a distance between us and US. They are technologically advanced but not to be believed. Thanks.

There are few things which I will disagree with your conclusion. First thing 93 to 93B is sure a good jump for PRC but to say that it jumped to older LA class to new LA class is not justified considering the relative changes in between. Simply because no one knows clear cut capabilities of nuke subs. Every boat type is unique and there is nothing that can demonise any boat from any country. J 20 is interior against F22 as Indian Russian jv plane is. It is as simple as that. Apart from bomb carrying capability I don't see ours and yours standing against them anywhere else. Whether its about stealth, tracking and engaging or maximum supercruise, they win hands down. When talking about 55 against Zumwalt class, please first reach the level of their currently in service new AB destroyers and Ticos. Then only you can work the techs which are imployed in Zumwalt. As for as ours concerning frankly ours is still not at the level of your 52Cs in capability terms although it may cross it in next 6 months to 1 year period. I would like to say that in my opinion INDIA should maintain a distance between us and US. They are technologically advanced but not to be believed. Thanks.

The Type 093B is featured with VLS and pump-jet, these things were not seen in the SSNs during the Cold War, even the latest LA class only acquired these features after the modification.

Before the deployment of WS-15, I agree that J-20 is inferior to F-22.

As for Type 055 and Zumwalt, both features with the dual band AESA radars and a new hot/cold VLS. But when it comes to the stealth features, I do agree the Type 055 is more conservative, but China deliberately done that on purpose, since Zumwalt has put too many pre-mature technologies, while China is looking for more sustainable cost control.

To sum up the comparison between 1000/055/Flight III

Dual Band AESA Radar: 1000 = 055 = Flight III
Stealth Feature: 1000 > 055 > Flight III
Firepower: 055 > Flight III > 1000

Last edited:
The Type 093B is featured with VLS and pump-jet, these things were not seen in the SSNs during the Cold War, even the latest LA class only acquired these features after the modification.

Before the deployment of WS-15, I agree that J-20 is inferior to F-22.

As for Type 055 and Zumwalt, both features with the dual band AESA radars and a new hot/cold VLS. But when it comes to the stealth features, I do agree the Type 055 is more conservative, but China deliberately done that on purpose, since Zumwalt has put too many pre-mature technologies, while China is looking for more sustainable cost control.

To sum up the comparison between 1000/055/Flight III

Dual Band AESA Radar: 1000 = 055 = Flight III
Stealth Feature: 1000 > 055 > Flight III
Firepower: 055 > Flight III > 1000
Yes I agree with all the points which you mentioned. But you are forgetting one simple fact that vertical launch capability is must for SSNs nowdays due to variety of arsenal available in their store. And pumpjet propulsion is indeed good tech to have but it is only one among such high end techs on which China is getting its hands slowly slwoly.

Yes I agree with all the points which you mentioned. But you are forgetting one simple fact that vertical launch capability is must for SSNs nowdays due to variety of arsenal available in their store. And pumpjet propulsion is indeed good tech to have but it is only one among such high end techs on which China is getting its hands slowly slwoly.

There are handful of countries who can master the modern SSN technologies with VLS and pump-jet.

USA: Without a doubt they are far ahead compared to the rests. With 11 Virginia boats and 3 Seawolf boats in the inventory, and not mentioning that there are many late LA class boats have also been modified with these features.

Russia: The Yasen class is the only Russian SSN with these features, and one boat being currently in commission.

UK: With 3 Astute class boats currently in commission.

France: The Barracuda class is still under construction.

China: 2 Type 093B boats in commission and 1 Type 095 boat in commission just on August 2014.

Except the US, you can see how precious the modern SSNs with VLS and pump-jet are available for the other P5 nations.

BTW, the VLS I mentioned here is about the versatile VLS which can also launch the LACMs.

There is no Cold War SSN which can do this.

Last edited:
@RISING SUN ESSM

7146755404726887828.jpg

16024752.jpg

Below is China version layout for 052D/055
b668471cgx6CFHJ5tTp67&690

b668471cgx6CFWp2BC34b&690

There are handful of countries who can master the modern SSN technologies with VLS and pump-jet.

USA: Without a doubt they are far ahead compared to the rests. With 11 Virginia boats and 3 Seawolf boats on the inventory, and not mentioning that there are many late LA class boats have also been modified with these features.

Russia: The Yasen class is the only Russian SSN with these features, and one boat being currently in commission.

UK: With 3 Astute class boats currently in commission.

France: The Barracuda class is still under construction.

China: 2 Type 093B boats in commission and 1 Type 095 boat in commission just on August 2014.

Except the US, you can see how precious the modern SSNs with VLS and pump-jet are available for the other P5 nations.
Where am I denying whatever China has accomplished till now. What I am trying to explain is that there is no need compare different countries boats. There are mainly two things which affect it one the reason or purpose for which nuke sub was made. Second mission. What I understand that US subs mission is to fast attack and 2nd to support carrier ops. While in case of china its main purpose is to support SSBN and 2nd to support carrier ops. As I said earlier in a nuke submarine vertical launch and pumpjet are good techs to have but they are only two limited features. There are many more techs which are incorporated in nuke subs. Regarding who has is it in active service, well almost all active users except India have access to pumpjet propulsion system. Royal navy since 1973-74. French since 1997. Russian navy since 2008-09. US since 1989.

@RISING SUN ESSM

7146755404726887828.jpg

16024752.jpg

Below is China version layout for 052D/055
b668471cgx6CFHJ5tTp67&690

b668471cgx6CFWp2BC34b&690
I understand the concept of this tech dear. I have only one query wheather These missile can be fired together. Anyway thanks for the pic although on my end only 1st pic is visible, rest are showing sina blog site address with its logo in background. If anyone can help me in reading standard chinese languge, it will be a great help. Any link where English to Chinese or Chinese to Hindi translation is available will do. Thanks anyway.

Last edited:
That Vietcong is a joke, the gap will only widen as time passes. If Vietcongs are afraid to act militarily on the oil rig issue at the current state. You think they will act after we achieve a blue water navy? Get used to it and watch how our islands pop up in SCS :D
I am not surprised any longer of your low IQ. as moron you constantly refuse to learn that I don´t want to be called as vietcong.
are you happy if I call you chinaman? as for blue or red navy, you do what you want to do, while we do what we please. I have some simple questions, but that obviuously cause you running amok.

You can certainly engage us into a naval battle if you want, just like 1974. :coffee:
No, naval battle in open waters is not our strength. I guess we will return to the old tactic: ambush.

Last edited:
I am not surprised any longer of your low IQ. as moron you constantly refuse to learn that I don´t want to be called as vietcong.
are you happy if I call you chinaman? as for blue or red navy, you do what you want to do, while we do what we please. I have some simple questions, but that obviuously cause you running amok.

No, naval battle in open waters is not our strength. I guess we will return to the old tactic: ambush.

Yeah antiship coastal defence system and ambush under the surface while air dominance

I understand the concept of this tech dear. I have only one query wheather These missile can be fired together. Anyway thanks for the pic although on my end only 1st pic is visible, rest are showing sina blog site address with its logo in background. If anyone can help me in reading standard chinese languge, it will be a great help. Any link where English to Chinese or Chinese to Hindi translation is available will do. Thanks anyway.
All okay for me, maybe sina blog's pics forbid foreign access.

In above post, i explained ESSM can not fire together coz only share a single exhaust channel for 4x ESSM missiles.

Using Google translate on-line.

China CCL layout :-)
1316183yqiopry3x13iiki.jpg
132844avp6g96afa5ndvng.jpg

Last edited:
It's OKay, without PLAN fleet formation we still have the Navy military port pic, it's open for public access . :pop:

3x 052C in the PLAN military port :cheers:
12-131112104413.jpg

rdn_527991dc9cb35.jpg

rdn_527991e0b1e68.jpg

202250ovco1z090f1vuf1y.jpg

In my view, I can see that these , coupled with the frigates of the PLAN, are formidable, beautiful ships of the line. The phrase that comes to mind is "The Great White Fleet". How impressive, truly.

Wouldn't it be awesome if someday JMSDF and PLAN can conduct joint exercise or joint patrols. :-)

PLAN does have formidable fleet of boats to say the least. I am interetsted to know that how many times a year PLAN makes long patrol in fleet formation? Apart from anti piracy mission in our neighbourhood.

All okay for me, maybe sina blog's pics forbid foreign access.

In above post, i explained ESSM can not fire together coz only share a single exhaust channel for 4x ESSM missiles.

Using Google translate on-line.

China CCL layout :-)
1316183yqiopry3x13iiki.jpg
132844avp6g96afa5ndvng.jpg
CCL cells do provide greater flexibility in Terms of missile carrying capacity.

Back
Top Bottom