What's new

China economy boost the Navy, 6th 052C DDG finished next 055

Vietnam has this type of radar

ELM-2022A

I said tell me the radar that VN operate, not what you dream they would operate.

So what platform is that radar mounted on? and it can guide Club S to its target from 400km away???

If you launch 100 missiles toward 055, it may get sink.
If you only launch like 10 missiles, they will be all shot down.
055 is designed for massive missile attack and secure the air within 200Km...

trolling, @Kaan

anyway, I just discuss on the survival chance of Type 055 against attacks from Club and Brahmos missiles.

Black Flag insulting me. @Kaan

I said tell me the radar that VN operate, not what you dream they would operate.

So what platform is that radar mounted on? and it can guide Club S to its target from 400km away???

Club S has maximum range 300km.
ELM-2022A is what Vietnam owned. mounted on aircraft

Sailors of the PLAN,

Chinese_sailors_qingdao.jpg

Chinese-Sailors-On-Guard.jpg

hires_110110-F-6655M-003d.jpg

If you launch 100 missiles toward 055, it may get sink.
If you only launch like 10 missiles, they will be all shot down.
055 is designed for massive missile attack and secure the air within 200Km...

Hans, please look back a few pages, I asked cnleio for which means to defend against Brahmos or Club missile, he said CIWS and HHQ-10, Black Flag add HQ-9 ... I doubt about the survival of it against coming 4-8 Brahmos or Club missiles.

Hans, please look back a few pages, I asked cnleio for which means to defend against Brahmos or Club missile, he said CIWS and HHQ-10, Black Flag add HQ-9 ... I doubt about the survival of it against coming 4-8 Brahmos or Club missiles.

4 to 8 Brahmos used against 1 ship? Seems a wee bit overkill to me. :lol:

They are correct .
HHQ9 is a long distance air defense missile, which can intercept the anti-ship missile from 200KM.
CIWS and HHQ-10 are close defense system, used to defend the ship if HHQ9 miss some of the missile.
Actually there is HHQ 16 for middle distance air defense missile(40Km)
These three levels make sure that Brahmos can be all shot down before hitting the ship.
4-8 missiles have little change to even trigger the CIWS and HHQ-10, i think...

They are correct .
HHQ9 is a long distance air defense missile, which can intercept the anti-ship missile from 200KM.
CIWS and HHQ-10 are close defense system, used to defend the ship if HHQ9 miss some of the missile.
These three levels make sure that Brahmos can be all shot down before hitting the ship.

Well then, according to you, this ship will be near impregnable , invincible. Good Luck to the PLAN !

;)

Arleigh Burke class can engage around 24 targets at the same time.
China 052 series is supposed to engage more than that..

4 to 8 Brahmos used against 1 ship? Seems a wee bit overkill to me. :lol:

Supersonic anti-ship missile incoming ... (SS-N-22 "Sunburn")
1240714334758_12e82e0fed.jpg

A perfect thermal target to defeat.
11016100_116567.jpg

141J95155-2.jpg

“Fleet Alarm !”
25_131665_26a8f6f32711e8e.jpg

Last edited:
Arleigh Burke class can engage around 24 targets at the same time.
China 052 series is supposed to engage more than that..

It is also important to note that the Brahmos is a supersonic cruise missile that will be traveling to its intended target at mach 3 speed. Now, imagine 8 of these traveling at the same time towards one target. It will test any DDG's defensive capability, honestly, be it the Atago Class, Kongo Clas, Sejong the Great Class or the Arleigh Burke Class.

But I am sure , considering the Chinese Navy have progressed rapidly these past 10 years, their DDGs are capable of handling such threats.

Best of Luck!

They are correct .

1. HHQ 9 has range in paper 200km for 27,000m aircraft.
at 14,000m cruise missile like Brahmos, the range would be less than 30 km, but at that phase Brahmos went down to 15m low altitude. Same to Club-S, the submarine could launch Club-S at 60 km -100 km distance at low altitude.
2. HHQ-10 or similar only has Mach 2 speed, while Brahmos missiles have Mach 3 or more speed.
CIWS is untrustworthy and can shoot at not more than 1 target 1 time.
I reminded him that all defending missiles of US destroyers have Mach 3.5 speed as minimum.
See my post #106

Club S has maximum range 300km.
ELM-2022A is what Vietnam owned. mounted on aircraft

Still, my question is, can it guide Club S to its target 400km away??

1. Max range of 2022A detecting LARGE surface target is 370km.

2. 2022A is only a surveillance radar, not a fire control radar. It doesn't guide missiles.

3. It is mounted on a slow twin otter with short endurance. But I can ignore this third point.

Still, I'm waiting to know what guidance radar can be used to launch Club S 300km away from its target?

Current solution for sinking this kind of ship are massive missile attack overwhelming its system.
US is also trying to develop stealth missile that can reduce range of being detected.
normal attack with few missile will not work..

Well then, according to you, this ship will be near impregnable , invincible. Good Luck to the PLAN !

;)

Still, my question is, can it guide Club S to its target 400km away??

1. Max range of 2022A detecting LARGE surface target is 370km.

2. 2022A is only a surveillance radar, not a fire control radar. It doesn't guide missiles.

3. It is mounted on a slow twin otter with short endurance. But I can ignore this third point.

Still, I'm waiting to know what guidance radar can be used to launch Club S 300km away from its target?

Are we discussing about an attack from Vietnam to Type 055 ?

Back
Top Bottom