What's new

China economy boost the Navy, 6th 052C DDG finished next 055

HHQ-9 SAM missile can't engage cruise missile at 150km. But it can easily engage fighters and Vietcong frogmen with flappy wings at over 100km.

You must be drunken

Where does your sub launched Club S gets it guidance from 100km-300km?

Why you buy Kilo-class since 1990s with 220km range Club-S missile ? to be useless outside 100 km range?

see my answer in previous post.

Last edited:
You must be drunken

Yes HHQ-9 can intercept Vietcong swing copters and flappy frogmen at over 100km, maybe over 500km, but when your flappy frogmen skim at supersonic, it will be hard.

Why you buy Kilo-class since 1990s with 220km range missile ?

How does this answer my question?

And since when did I buy a submarine?

I don't even have $1000 in my savings to buy your daughter. Don't worry I will keep saving up.

Submarine are used to attack ship with Torpedo from stealth position.
Not to launch a missile 200km away...

You must be drunken

Why you buy Kilo-class since 1990s with 220km range Club-S missile ? to be useless outside 100 km range?

yes, it's no 52D, but it's still quite effective against most nations.

I mean America doesn't use the best stuff sometimes, like the best F-16, or Abrams, it just isn't needed.Against their enemies, it's good enough.

These things are super expensive, we can't just throw it away can we. lol
Give your phased out equipment to Pakistan.

The missile operates on the “fire and forget” principle, meaning that once it has been launched, it will strike its target without requiring any assistance. It has an inertial navigation system (INS) for use against ship targets, and an INS/Global Positioning System for use against land targets. Terminal guidance is achieved through an active/passive radar. 2 The BrahMos is designed to attack surface targets at altitudes as low as 10 m. The ship and ground-launched versions have a range of 300 km, while the air-launched version has a range of 500 km.

Brahmos missiles could intercom and one could order others which missile aim to which ship.
It's a very simple logic. Does the small radar install on warhead of anti-ship missile can cover 100km~200km water areas ? :tdown: If it can, why we install many large radar system even AESA radars on the ship ?

That's not anti-ship missile, it's IRBM or ICBM.

Last edited:
The HQ-9's range for missile targets, or air-to-ground missiles, is 7 to 50 kilometers, with a firing altitude of 1 to 18 kilometers. Its range for cruise missiles is 7 to 15 kilometers, at a firing altitude of 25 meters. The range for ballistic missiles is 7 to 25 kilometers at a firing altitude of 2 to 15 kilometers.

The HQ-9's range for missile targets, or air-to-ground missiles, is 7 to 50 kilometers, with a firing altitude of 1 to 18 kilometers. Its range for cruise missiles is 7 to 15 kilometers, at a firing altitude of 25 meters. The range for ballistic missiles is 7 to 25 kilometers at a firing altitude of 2 to 15 kilometers.
I just have no idea where u get these wrong data ? 7~50km is the range of a medium-range missile, 7~15km is a short-range missile.

Submarine are used to attack ship with Torpedo from stealth position.
Not to launch a missile 200km away...

Kilo has the option to launch AshM. But Boq77 (my future father in law) haven't explain what guidance their Club S has at 300km range.

Meanwhile their swing copters and flappy frogmen are quite good and has 1000km range, here they are:

0n6iJf9FWyzbYLYiiOJdawaD29l-CsIqdyhANkjW1l0Gt0A5OSe0yjy3NF5iDUxoa4s=h900

swing-copters.jpg

It's a very simple logic. Does the small radar install on warhead of anti-ship missile can cover 100km~200km water areas ? If it can, why we install many large radar system even AESA radars on the ship ?

That's not anti-ship missile, it's IRBM or ICBM.

Once targeting, the time for the missiles approaching the target very fast, the target cannot move away much, the missiles remembered the relative coordinates, it will manage to come as close as it can to be able to use inertial guidance.

This cannot be used for HQ-9 to search for a cruise missile over 20 km away. Because the coming missile is not slow as ship.

With respect to market positioning, the HQ-9/FD-2000 missile’s range of 125 km against aircraft is shorter than Russia’s S-300 PMU1 with its 150km range, or the S-300 PMU2 with its 200 km reach. According to Kanwa, the HQ-9′s effective engagement envelope rises 27,000 m/ 88,600 feet, dropping to 50 km range and 18,000m/ 59,000 feet against incoming air-ground missiles, 15 km range against ground-hugging cruise missiles, and 25 km at up to 15,000m/ 49,200 feet against ballistic missiles.

125 km to 27,000m aircraft
50 km to 18,000m air-ground missiles
15 km to surface lauched cruise missiles
25 km to 15,000m ballistic missiles ( easier to estimate the coordinates )

Last edited:
Once targeting, the time for the missiles approaching the target very fast, the target cannot move away much, the missiles remembered the relative coordinates, it will manage to come as close as it can to be able use inertial radar.
We have the gap between our military knowledge, provide a suggestion if u wanna a 150km far away anti-ship missile to attack the ship, u'd better buy a AWACS plane first, or launch domestic GPS satellites chain.

Kilo has the option to launch AshM. But Boq77 (my future father in law) haven't explain what guidance their Club S has at 300km range.

Meanwhile their swing copters and flappy frogmen are quite good and has 1000km range, here they are:

Club-S from Kilo-class would be for ground or ship target. That's still or slow targets.
Once targeting by radar ( airborne, ground, ... ), the missiles would be fired to the target by entered coordinates.
when the missiles approach the target, they use the inertial guidance.

We have the gap between our military knowledge, provide a suggestion if u wanna a 150km far away anti-ship missile to attack the ship, u'd better buy a AWACS plane first, or launch domestic GPS satellites chain.

cnleio, you should know the difference to target a fast moving and/or highly maneuverable missiles and target a still or slow target like naval base or surface ship, and you could understand.

I just have no idea where u get these wrong data ? 7~50km is the range of a medium-range missile, 7~15km is a short-range missile.

He copied and paste from ausairpower, which give old estimation. He also ignored the figure of 50km engagement range against supersonic missile estimated by ausairpower.

@BoQ77 your figures are old conservative estimation. Updated HHQ-9 can engage supersonic missile at least from 70km range, which is before the terminal stage of your yankhont and club S.

Club-S from Kilo-class would be for ground or ship target. That's still or slow targets.
Once targeting by radar ( airborne, ground, ... ), the missiles would be fired to the target by entered coordinates.

So what kind of radar will Vietcong navy use to track target over 300km away?

Last edited:
entered coordinates plus GPS only works for ground unit.
For moving target like ship, entered coordinates does not work.
Ship is moving, there is some error in missile system, all will make missile miss the target.
you have to guide the missile until it can catch target with its radar.
Usually anti-ship radar works only 30KM. beyond that, navigation is needed.

cnleio, you should know the difference to target a fast moving and/or highly maneuverable missiles and target a still or slow target like naval base or surface ship, and you could understand.

He copied and paste from ausairpower, which give old estimation. He also ignored the figure of 50km engagement range against supersonic missile estimated by ausairpower.

@BoQ77 your figures are old conservative estimation. Updated HHQ-9 can engage supersonic missile at least from 70km range, which is before the terminal stage of your yankhont and club S.

So what kind of radar will Vietcong navy use to track target over 300km away?

you doubt about the ability to search for slow or still target outside 100 km, why you assure you could hit over 100km range supersonic target ( ballistic and cruise missiles are different, not just supersonic )/

tell me, 70 km range of HHQ-9 for which altitude 18,000m or 15m, for which supersonic missile : ballistic or cruise ?

Vietnam would take advantage of airborne radar could search for over 400 km.

you doubt about the ability to search for slow or still target outside 100 km, why you assure you could hit over 100km range supersonic target ( ballistic and cruise missiles are different, not just supersonic )/

I already said HHQ-9 cannot engage AshM over 100km away. It only can shoot down your swing copters and flappy frogmen at that range.

tell me, 70 km range of HHQ-9 for which altitude 18,000m or 15m ?

I already told you, yankhont don't go down skimming below 15m before its terminal stage on its high-low fly path.

Vietnam would take advantage of airborne radar could search for over 400 km.

What airborne radar does VN currently operate? don't tell me, you're going to start talking about your wishlist and dream for Awacs, Poseidon, su-35????

Back
Top Bottom