What's new

China economy boost the Navy, 6th 052C DDG finished next 055

hey, do you ever ask, how far the HHQ-9 could see the helicopter at 4,000m altitude?

HHQ9 is guided by ship AESE radar.
It is the ship that detect the missile and guide HHQ9 to intercept the anti-ship missile
With its own radar, HHQ can only detect close distance missible.

you doubt about the ability to search for slow or still target outside 100 km, why you assure you could hit over 100km range supersonic target ( ballistic and cruise missiles are different, not just supersonic )/

tell me, 70 km range of HHQ-9 for which altitude 18,000m or 15m, for which supersonic missile : ballistic or cruise ?

Vietnam would take advantage of airborne radar could search for over 400 km.

hey, do you ever ask, how far the HHQ-9 could see the helicopter at 4,000m altitude?

Since when did I talk about helicopter?

Tell me, what airborne radar do you have that can track surface target 400km away??

HHQ9 is guided by ship AESE radar.
It is the ship that detect the missile and guide HHQ9 to intercept the anti-ship missile
With its own radar, HHQ can only detect close distance missible.

Thanks, you agreed to my idea, how about you BlackFlag ?
Kilo launch Club-S guided by coordinates from airborne radar or ground radar at distance 300km,
the Club-S heads to its target, still or slow moving in minutes, so short time, that a destroyer is unable to move much away from memorized coordinates in Club-S, it's not so difficult for Club-S to reach the range where it can use its own inertial guidance.

You said the inertial guidance has limit range, Yes it's true. How long does it takes for a destroyer to move 30 kilometers ? how long to know a missile coming ? how long to react ?

helicopter that can fly to 4000m altitude is few and quite big.
The ship AESE can see it at least 100KM away..
for missile itself, usually 20-30KM is the limit.

It is different for anti-air and anti-ship missile.
For air target, AESE radar can see up to 200KM.
For ship target, the ship radar can usually see 50KM. Beyond that distance, ship cannot guide the missile.
If you want to shoot a ship 100km away, you need to guide it by airplane.
Or very likely it will not find the target.

Kilo launch Club-S guided by coordinates from airborne radar or ground radar at distance 300km,
the Club-S heads to its target, still or slow moving in minutes, so short time, that a destroyer is unable to move much away from memorized coordinates in Club-S, it's not so difficult for Club-S to reach the range where it can use its own inertial guidance.

Kilo launch Club-S guided by coordinates from airborne radar or ground radar at distance 300km

I never said Club S can't be guided from 300km away. I asked you, what airborne radar does VN operate to give this guidance? You said VN can use airborne radar from 400km away. What radar is this? pls dont mention your dream radar that exist inside your head only.

helicopter that can fly to 4000m altitude is few and quite big.
The ship AESE can see it at least 100KM away..
for missile itself, usually 20-30KM is the limit.

BlackFlag argued that HHQ-9 could see missile at that altitude over 100 km ( revised to 70 km ). How about your opinion about him?
I doubt about the ability to see a 4000m helicopter at least 100km away of your ship AESA. Because it's over-horizontal

Why are you ague about vision of missile?
Usually missile can only see 30Km for moving target.
Beyond that, it the ship or air radar that can see long distance target and guide missile to attack.
Neither HHQ9 nor other class missile can see very far.

a 40m helicopter is below the horizontal, 4KM height will not.
So if you are talking about how far to see, you need to add what height the target is.
If height is too low, you cannot see it.

BlackFlag argued that HHQ-9 could see missile at that altitude over 100 km ( revised to 70 km ). How about your opinion about him?
I doubt about the ability to see a 4000m helicopter at least 100km away of your ship AESA. Because it's over-horizontal

BlackFlag argued that HHQ-9 could see missile at that altitude over 100 km ( revised to 70 km ).

Sorry my future father in law, my mistake. HHQ - 9 SAM cannot engage missile over 100km, can only engage Vietcong swing copters and flappy frogmen at that range. Note swing copters are not helicopter, I never mentioned helicopter.

Still, you ignored my question. What airborne radar does VN operate that can track surface target 400km away????

Beyond that, it the ship or air radar that can see long distance target and guide missile to attack.

So if you are talking about how far to see, you need to add what height the target is.

I means radar for HHQ-9. Sorry.
I posted in previous post, Brahmos could intercom, and one could fly high as radar to others.
The radar would be the secrets of China enemies.

I think you're not familiar with BoQ77, he's my future father in law (I'm saving up to buy his daughter). His main goal is to troll and derail threads that he doesn't like. Sometime it's fun to troll him back, but there is no need to give him serious reply.

还记得88海战吗?

trolling, @Kaan

anyway, I just discuss on the survival chance of Type 055 against attacks from Club and Brahmos missiles.

I think you're not familiar with BoQ77, he's my future father in law (I'm saving up to buy his daughter). His main goal is to troll and derail threads that he doesn't like. Sometime it's fun to troll him back, but there is no need to give him serious reply.

Black Flag insulting me. @Kaan

I think the idea of one missile guide other missile is no longer used.
This missile need to fly very high to detect target.
It is a nice target for modern air defense ship like 052C or 052D.
also forget about Brahmos .
This missile fly high, big size and very hot. Super nice target for 052C or 052D.
I think current solution to sink modern air defense ship is launching too many missile for them to defend.
single missile attack will be easily shot down.

I means radar for HHQ-9. Sorry.
I posted in previous post, Brahmos could intercom, and one could fly high as radar to others.
The radar would be the secrets of China enemies.

You are so naughty !

I think the idea of one missile guide other missile is no longer used.
This missile need to fly very high to detect target.
It is a nice target for modern air defense ship like 052C or 052D.
also forget about Brahmos .
This missile fly high, big size and very hot. Super nice target for 052C or 052D.
I think current solution to sink modern air defense ship is launching too many missile for them to defend.
single missile attack will be easily shot down.
@BoQ77 Mr hans is Right.

Missiles Rain is a good way to beat a signal modern air-defence DDG, but usually there'r a DDGs Fleet on battle waters.

At the end of Supersonic anti-ship missile flight, it's like a 2.5 Mach "Mig-21" fly to the ship, missiles can easily shoot one "Mig-21" down but more "Mig-21s" coming together hard to say.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom