What's new

China debris threatens Indian satellites

india has the largest constellation of satellites..
don't be a fool..

tallboy123 and The HBS Guy who thanked this post, thanks for showing the ignorance of you two.

I don't even need to search to reach the conlusion that US owns the most satellites in space. But in order to substantiate my post, I am posting these links only for you two.

Estimates-of-Space-Assets-Bar-Graph.gif

UCS Satellite Database | Union of Concerned Scientists

How Many Satellites are in Space

Now you two give me some sources reagarding your wild claim of India being the No.1

tallboy123 and The HBS Guy who thanked this post, thanks for showing the ignorance of you two.

I don't even need to search to reach the conlusion that US owns the most satellites in space. But in order to substantiate my post, I am posting these links only for you two.

Estimates-of-Space-Assets-Bar-Graph.gif

UCS Satellite Database | Union of Concerned Scientists

How Many Satellites are in Space

Now you two give me some sources reagarding your wild claim of India being the No.1

For an amature member like you am gonna paste a basic link ,where you can also learn what basically a REMOTE SENSING SATELLITE is all about ??

The IRS system is the largest constellation of remote sensing satellites for civilian use in operation today in the world.:azn::azn:[2] With the launch of CARTOSAT-2A[3], the constellation now has eight satellites in operation – IRS-1D, OCEANSAT-1, Technology Experiment Satellite (TES), RESOURCESAT-1, CARTOSAT-1, CARTOSAT-2 and the latest CARTOSAT-2A and IMS-1. All these are placed in polar sun-synchronous orbit and provide data in a variety of spatial, spectral and temporal resolutions.
link below:coffee:
Indian Remote Sensing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

FOR amature member like you am gonna paste a basic link where you can also learn what basically a REMOTE SENSING SATELLITE is all about ??

link below:coffee:
Indian Remote Sensing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

As a member of PDF, I urge to read all the posts before replying, to figure out what we are arguing.

All I have been contending is India lags behind US and Russia when it comes to the amounts of satellites orbitting the earth.
Do you agree with that? If not, prove India has more satellites than US and Russia; if yes, shut up.

We the people .THE PEOPLE OF INDIA doesn't live in some kinda gibberish propaganda :azn::coffee:

here's some more from you ,straight from horse mouth -
Indian Remote Sensing (IRS) satellite system was commissioned with the launch of IRS-1A, in 1988. With nine satellites in operation, IRS is the largest civilian remote sensing satellite constellation in the world
:pop:
Welcome To ISRO :: Satellites :: Earth Observation Satellites

INSAT is the Asia-Pacific region's largest domestic communications satellite system, involving 11 satellites. The IRS system, is one of the largest constellations of remote-sensing satellites in operation in the world, with 10 satellites.

As a member of PDF, I urge to read all the posts before replying, to figure out what we are arguing.

All I have been contending is India lags behind US and Russia when it comes to the amounts of satellites orbitting the earth.
Do you agree with that? If not, prove India has more satellites than US and Russia; if yes, shut up.

lol!!! whahaha now that's the way cookie crumbles ,1st you raised question about which country got maximum number of remote sensing satellites orbiting because an Indian members said INDIA got largest amount of IRS orbiting in LOW orbit so danger persist but you started whining oh!!!! how could india gotta so many satellites orbiting ,now cut ya crap buddy ....

Oh really? Then why are you showing off the truth of the largest constellation of remote sensing satellites , while we are arguing who has the most satellites?

because the thread is about Indian remote sensing satellites orbiting in lower space orbit where you people tests the ASAT .
P.S-READ the article 1st before posting your comments here .. :pop:

lol!!! whahaha now that's the way cookie crumbles ,1st you raised question about which country got maximum number of remote sensing satellites orbiting because an Indian members said INDIA got largest amount of IRS orbiting in LOW orbit so danger persist but you started whining oh!!!! how could india gotta so many satellites orbiting ,now cut ya crap buddy ....

When did I raise question about which country got maximum number of remote sensing satellites orbiting?

One of your fellows brought up the mighty Indian remote sensing satellites while replying my post in which I implied India does not have that many stalellite.
In fact, he didn't even mention the remote sensing satellites , his original words are "india has the largest constellation of satellites.."

india has the largest constellation of satellites..
don't be a fool..

because the thread is about Indian remote sensing satellites orbiting in lower space orbit where you people tests the ASAT .
P.S-READ the article 1st before posting your comments here .. :pop:

I know what the article is about, but that does not matter anymore. Because the discussion has shifted to "if India has the most satellites in space" the moment an Indian member tried to controvert the fact India doesn't have the most satellites in space.

Therefore, I am asking you this question one more time.

Do you agree that India lags behind US and Russia when it comes to the amounts of satellites orbitting the earth?

When did I raise question about which country got maximum number of remote sensing satellites orbiting?

One of your fellows brought up the mighty Indian remote sensing satellites while replying my post in which I implied India does not have that many stalellite.
In fact, he didn't even mention the remote sensing satellites , his original words are "india has the largest constellation of satellites.."

REMEMBER THERE'S A TERM CALLED COMMON SENSE ??? you could raised the same with soft words ...
so whats wrong with it, if i called you an amateur ??? :coffee:

Someone was talking about armoring the satellites..... :lol:

India working on tech to defend satellites

Indrani Bagchi | Mar 6, 2011,

NEW DELHI: India's remote sensing satellites face threat from space debris created by China's anti-satellite test in 2007, the government has said.

Stating its policy on militarisation of space in Parliament, the government said, "India is strongly opposed to any attempt to place weapons in space or conducting any unconventional weapons tests in space as it would pose a perennial threat to all space systems regardless of their use for civilian or military purposes."

India's concerns regarding China are behind the revival of ballistic missile defence (BMD) discussions between India and the US. However, sources said, due to Obama adminsitration's fundamental objection to BMD there is no agreement on when the next round of talks would be held. A possible acquisition of the Arrow from Israel or Patriot 3 from the US is also part of India's missile defence programme.

Separately, India is working on technology to be able to defend its satellites. A few weeks ago, V K Saraswat, scientific adviser to the defence minister, said in Bangalore, "our country does not have a policy to attack anybody in space. But as part of the ballistic missile defence programme, we have all the technology elements required to integrate a system through which we can defend our satellites or take care of future requirements."

In a rare admission, the government said China's ability to conduct an ASAT test -- the ability to destroy a satellite in space -- was, by its very nature a threat to Indian security.

Quoting international space surveillance agencies, they said, China's test immediately created millions of pieces of debris of size 1 mm to 1 cm, 40,000 pieces between 1 cm and 10 cm, 800 pieces more than 10 cm. It's the last lot that is particularly dangerous to satellites. These debris also collide among themselves and break up into smaller pieces, and according to US estimates, 97% of them remain in orbit.

While some countries are debating laws that prevent weaponisation of space, there's no real law in circulation yet. The government said two UN treaties regarding activities and exploration of moon and other bodies do stress on using space for peaceful purposes. But due to ambiguities in interpretation, the government said, certain countries were conducting these tests.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...-to-defend-satellites/articleshow/7638379.cms

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom