What's new

China debris threatens Indian satellites

Well, US did it, China did it, and India is allowed to do it, too.

Why is there so much whining and ranting from a country who doesn't own so many satellites in the space? Indians are making much more noise than Americans and Russians. I guess that is what you are good at.

Why is there so much whining and ranting from a country who doesn't own so many satellites in the space? Indians are making much more noise than Americans and Russians. I guess that is what you are good at.

Offcourse everybody is allowed to do it.
Everybody is allowed to fill the orbit with space debris.
Everybody is allowed fill the oceans with all knids of crap.
Everybody is even allowed to produce as much greenhouses gases as they want, without worrying about global
warming.

But it is not about being allowed, it is about being responsible.

US did it but they had to gave a reason that one of their malfunctioned spy satellite may harm environment and human so they need to destroy it.

China wanted to do it in secret like as usual and caught red handed. lol

But testing ASAT is not a big deal, but if all countries tests it like Russia, India, Israel, France, UK etc than space will be unusable. Thats why Inda have done ground simulation of the ASAT rather than actual test.

How many satellite do you won? India has one of the largest array of civilian remote sensing satellites in space and about speaking the truth is called whining, than what do you expect? lol

Offcourse everybody is allowed to do it.
Everybody is allowed to fill the orbit with space debris.
Everybody is allowed fill the oceans with all knids of crap.
Everybody is even allowed to produce as much greenhouses gases as they want, without worrying about global
warming.

But it is not about being allowed, it is about being responsible.

Being responsible? That is cheap, I am pretty sure India is gonna do the same thing right after it possesses the ability, then come and talk about responsiblity, meaning India hasn't done it yet because she lacks the ability, not because she is being responsible. I think I have made myself more than clear.

You guys are going to make an ASAT weapon, but you're not going to test it on an actual satellite?

They are waiting for govt's nod. Also India always opted for peaceful use of outer space. If we test ASAT than thousands of more debris in the space, now we have large number of satellites as well as others. After that may be Russia, then Israel, France, UK, and so on.... the space will be unusable. So we should prepare for the war not actual tests. When we have ABM, ASAT is nothing in front of it. Tracking and destroying a high speed ballistic missile is much more difficult than satellite.

They are waiting for govt's nod. Also India always opted for peaceful use of outer space. If we test ASAT than thousands of more debris in the space, now we have large number of satellites as well as others. After that may be Russia, then Israel, France, UK, and so on.... the space will be unusable. So we should prepare for the war not actual tests.

Well, it is your choice I guess. No complaints from me.

US did it but they had to gave a reason that one of their malfunctioned spy satellite may harm environment and human so they need to destroy it.

China did it for the same reason, we tried to keep a low profile because we didn't want to be annoyed by the ranting and whining from countries like India, rantings and whinings we are still witnessing everywhere years after the satellite shooting.

But testing ASAT is not a big deal, but if all countries tests it like Russia, India, Israel, France, UK etc than space will be unusable. Thats why Inda have done ground simulation of the ASAT rather than actual test.

Yes, you did a ground simulation test instead because you were responsible, I get it.

Does that mean it is irresponsiblefor India to do an actual test in the future and people is entitled to criticise India for doing that? I believe India is gonna to do it and I don't want to miss the opportunity of denouncing India's irresponsible behaviour.

How many satellite do you won? India has one of the largest array of civilian remote sensing satellites in space and about speaking the truth is called whining, than what do you expect? lol

To be honest, I dont know how many satellites we own, but I am pretty sure we have no less than you do in total. And you may have one of the largest array of civilian remote sensing satellites in space as you call it, you still have much less satellites than US and Russia, that is for sure.

You are making too much noise that is unproportionate to your ability, that is all I want to say.

Being responsible? That is cheap, I am pretty sure India is gonna do the same thing right after it possesses the ability, then come and talk about responsiblity, meaning India hasn't done it yet because she lacks the ability, not because she is being responsible. I think I have made myself more than clear.

Well perhaps India will ..but not in way, that its causes space debris , just like USA did it without causing so much mess all around.

india has the largest constellation of satellites..
don't be a fool..

yes we'll also conduct asat,but not create debris like you..
is abm test tougher or asat :)

NEW DELHI: India's remote sensing satellites face threat from space debris created by China's anti-satellite test in 2007, the government has said.

Stating its policy on militarisation of space in Parliament, the government said, "India is strongly opposed to any attempt to place weapons in space or conducting any unconventional weapons tests in space as it would pose a perennial threat to all space systems regardless of their use for civilian or military purposes."

India's concerns regarding China are behind the revival of ballistic missile defence (BMD) discussions between India and the US. However, sources said, due to Obama adminsitration's fundamental objection to BMD there is no agreement on when the next round of talks would be held. A possible acquisition of the Arrow from Israel or Patriot 3 from the US is also part of India's missile defence programme.

Separately, India is working on technology to be able to defend its satellites. A few weeks ago, V K Saraswat, scientific adviser to the defence minister, said in Bangalore, "our country does not have a policy to attack anybody in space. But as part of the ballistic missile defence programme, we have all the technology elements required to integrate a system through which we can defend our satellites or take care of future requirements."

In a rare admission, the government said China's ability to conduct an ASAT test -- the ability to destroy a satellite in space -- was, by its very nature a threat to Indian security.

Quoting international space surveillance agencies, they said, China's test immediately created millions of pieces of debris of size 1 mm to 1 cm, 40,000 pieces between 1 cm and 10 cm, 800 pieces more than 10 cm. It's the last lot that is particularly dangerous to satellites. These debris also collide among themselves and break up into smaller pieces, and according to US estimates, 97% of them remain in orbit.

While some countries are debating laws that prevent weaponisation of space, there's no real law in circulation yet. The government said two UN treaties regarding activities and exploration of moon and other bodies do stress on using space for peaceful purposes. But due to ambiguities in interpretation, the government said, certain countries were conducting these tests.

The US did it but like you said the reason they gave was suspect. I personally thought it was just a cover since no test was ever conducted by the US and by doing so would determine if we had accurate capabiliy

Back
Top Bottom