What's new

China confronts Indian navy vessel

file_photo_1_of_ins_airavat-300x200.jpg

---------- Post added at 10:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

any info on the type of the chinese ship?

@topic if a Chinese ship roaming around in the Indian ocean was stopped by the IN would there be any problems? we were not in China's EEZ the ship was well in International waters, the Arivaat should have blown whatever hostile ship was near it

LOL, I really wish you guys could back up the stuff you say... :lol:

LOL buddy, we both know that the Indian government doesn't have the guts to do any of that, or they would have done it already.

You keep on repeating this but do you know that we are the one country that helped create a new nation in 1971 when USA and China were so intent on letting the Bangladesh genocide continue. We didn't back out even when the nuke equipped 7th fleet was in the bay of Bengal. (What China would have done in the face of that is another issue).

That is guts.

One should not get so taken in by your own rhetoric and what you read on forums and use vocabulary that suits 5 year old kids.

Hell, even during the 1962 Sino-Indian war they refused to do either one (Tibet/Taiwan), and even when China was supposedly helping Pakistan with their nuclear weapons programme, they didn't do it either.

Nation states don't always act in a pique or like a scorned girlfriend like some individuals do (and are doing here ;) ). They have to take a long term view of things.

They didn't break diplomatic relations with Pakistan either after they accused them of being behind the 2008 Mumbai blasts.

You would like that to happen. However I see that China didn't do that either when your long pending wish of violent strikes with China got fulfilled recently and Chinese people died at the hands of terrorists trained in Pakistan and your local officials blamed Pakistan.

What did you do?

Fast forward to the present... several rounds of stapled visas, PLA soldiers in Pakistan-administered Kashmir, etc etc.

So... in what situation WOULD they actually do it?

The foolish policy of stapled visas has apparently been revoked. How does that compare to hosting the Tibetan government in exile for decades? ;)

Now that is guts!

PA soldiers working as low skill labor to build infrastructure in some disputed areas. Well, we will come and use that infrastructure when that labor work is finished.

---------- Post added at 10:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 AM ----------

LOL yes, the "Dalai Lama" and "Liu Xiaobo" were great innovators and inventors. :P

What did they invent again?

the concept of independent thinking among people who can't think beyond the little red book.

Now, that is Innovation (with a capital I). ;)

LOL Vinod, do you really and honestly expect me to believe that the Indian government will recognize both Tibetan and Taiwanese independence, when they didn't even dare to do it during the Sino-Indian war?

Or when China was supposedly transfering nuclear weapons to Pakistan? When even the Dalai Lama and the Taiwanese government do not take that position themselves?

Even today, during the numerous rounds of stapled visas, or even with PLA troops all along the Pakistani-administered region of Kashmir?

Believe me, I would love for India to do that, I like it best when Sino-Indian relations are burning. :D It's just that I can't imagine the Indian government ever working up the guts to break off relations with the PRC. :lol:

:D just because we are led by UPA arseholes does not mean we are senseless, underestimating your enemy is your worst mistake my friend

Oh I agree, the Congress party is spineless compared to the BJP.

But according to the polls, it seems like Rahul Gandhi has a good chance of becoming the next Prime minister.

Indian opinion: Back in the running | The Economist

So if not 2014, then when will Congress stop ruling India?

lol wat if vietnam invites a nuclear carrier of US to dock in its port? Will those tiny chineese boats bully that one?

But according to the polls, it seems like Rahul Gandhi has a good chance of becoming the next Prime minister.

because his last name is Gandhi after the scams that have disfigured this UPA-Congress gov't they won't be reelected in 2014 especially BJP throwing there weight behind anna hazare, baba ramdev, and a strong lokpal bill where everyone from the village bureaucrat to the PM is under watch from a strong ombudsman, also the BJP barking at the Congress over reluctance to pass a strong lokpal bills adds to there support and popularity

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

lol wat if vietnam invites a nuclear carrier of US to dock in its port? Will those tiny chineese boats bully that one?

i thought Americans already had a nuclear carrier in Japan the USS George Washington

LOL Vinod, do you really and honestly expect me to believe that the Indian government will recognize both Tibetan and Taiwanese independence, when they didn't even dare to do it during the Sino-Indian war?

Or when China was supposedly transfering nuclear weapons to Pakistan? When even the Dalai Lama and the Taiwanese government do not take that position themselves?

Even today, during the numerous rounds of stapled visas, or even with PLA troops all along the Pakistani-administered region of Kashmir?

I have replied to the same post above. Nothing new from you and so nothing new from me.

We don't have to recognize Taiwan and Tibet independence at present, just for the stupid stapled Visas. What we have done is enough to let the stupid red book holders know the costs for them

Believe me, I would love for India to do that, I like it best when Sino-Indian relations are burning. :D It's just that I can't imagine the Indian government ever working up the guts to break off relations with the PRC. :lol:

And I don't see the commie red book keepers having the guts to escalate things where we feel the need to do that. We have seen what they have done when the Japanese PM goes to the shrines of the mass murderers of Chinese people, after the Malaysian and Indonesian murders of innocent Chinese citizens, after the terrorist attacks by Pakistan trained terrorists within China and so on.

Frankly, the nation states don't act like a woman scorned and as they say hell hath no fury like a woman scorned. ;)

It was a Congress government that was ruling in 1971 and that kept the Chinese in their place while we were liberating Bangladesh from an ongoing genocide.

It is stupid to talk of individual parties in another country and what they would do. It is like I start talking of Chinese leaders from different provinces and what they can or can't do.

When facing the outside world, India is ONE.

Hahaha Vinod, Indians boast all the time on the internet about what they "would do" to China in response to all the provocations.

Now I love to read about what Indians "would do". But at some point I have to ask, are you actually going to do anything?

First round of stapled visas - Manmohan comes over with some nice business contracts for us, and promises to increase the already skewed China-India trading relationship to the detriment of India's own trade balance

Second round of stapled visas - India shuts down Chushul airfield on the border, in response to Chinese complaints

I can't remember what they did in response to PLA troops in Northern Pakistan. Enlighten me?

^^ all the more reason to but the BJP in power at least then we can have a gov't with spines

my dream cabinet

PM: Modi or Jaitley
Deputy PM Advani
MEA Swaraj (or Ravi Shankar Prasad i'd also like Swaraj to be president either one MEA or President would work)
HM Jaitley or Modi
Defense minister: Pv Naik or JJ Singh
Development: Nitish Kumar
Finance: Yashwant Sinha

Or when China was supposedly transfering nuclear weapons to Pakistan?When even the Dalai Lama and the Taiwanese government do not take that position themselves?

Even today, during the numerous rounds of stapled visas or even with PLA troops all along the Pakistani-administered region of Kashmir?

we will not say anything it is just the international community, there are already many bans on china and it will increase. we are peace loving people you know.

You are confusing blatant copying with innovation. Please to be referring the Oxford Dictionary or Merriam Webster's Dictionary for full explanation of what those words mean.

As for India, we are not programmed to blatantly copy. Sorry mate.

Brother, the Chinese are known for inventing everything in the pre-modern world.

List of Chinese inventions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Let's not say something so ignorant and childish.

^^ all the more reason to but the BJP in power at least then we can have a gov't with spines

I would respect a BJP government a thousand times more than a Congress government.

But then, Congress are the experts at playing vote-bank politics, they might win again.

@Vinod: I'll close by saying that I really WISH that what you are saying is true, and that the Indian government is "pretending" to back down on every issue, just because they want to surprise us by breaking off diplomatic relations with the PRC completely.

But going by the past behaviour of the Indian government, even in the face of even the most extreme provocations, I just don't believe they have it in them. They are welcome to prove me wrong. :azn:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom