What's new

China backs Pakistan govt after Osama bin Laden's death

Would you still be their friends if they are harming peace in your country? Would you condone terrorist attacks by non state actors if they were to happen to your country?

Of course not. Realpolitik is all about national self-interest.

How can someone be your friend, if they are hosting your own separatist/terrorist groups?

Anyway, Pakistan is a good friend, they would never do that to us.

Of course not. Realpolitik is all about national self-interest.

How can someone be your friend, if they are hosting your own separatist/terrorist groups?

Anyway, Pakistan is a good friend, they would never do that to us.

Then you shouldn't be surprised with our rhetoric then?

PS: if you keep supporting Pakistan for what they are? providing safe haven for multiple terrorist organisations against the wishes of most countries, you would be risking your credibility.

PS: if you keep supporting Pakistan for what they are? providing safe haven for multiple terrorist organisations against the wishes of most countries, you would be risking your credibility.

Thanks for the advice, but according to the BBC Country Rating poll, China has a higher positive rating worldwide than India does.

And anyway, having credibility worldwide is not very important to an insular country like China. The only thing that really matters, is having credibility with our own people.

Come on CD not again.

Relax man, there is no flaming here.

Thanks for the advice, but according to the BBC Country Rating poll, China has a higher positive rating worldwide than India does.

And anyway, having credibility worldwide is not very important to an insular country like China. The only thing that really matters, is having credibility with our own people.

Relax man, there is no flaming here.

But don't you hope to have good relations with other countries as well? or having good relationship with Pakistan is good enough for China?

But don't you hope to have good relations with other countries as well? or having good relationship with Pakistan is good enough for China?

Like I said, China has a higher worldwide positive rating than India does, on the BBC Country rating poll.

And regarding our relations with countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia, South Asia (excluding India), Latin America, Central Asia, Canada, Australia, Russia, etc. we are doing just fine. :wave:

Like I said, China has a higher worldwide positive rating than India does, on the BBC Country rating poll.

And regarding our relations with countries in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, South East Asia, South Asia (excluding India), Latin America, Central Asia, Canada, Australia, Russia, etc. we are doing just fine. :wave:

Does it have similar credibility with the governments of those countries? I don't think so..

Basically what you are saying is you'll keep supporting Pakistan until its non state actors doesn't attack you. Doesn't matter what they do to other countries, is that right? Great exhibition of moral high standards.

Does it have similar credibility with the governments of those countries? I don't think so..

Having the 2nd largest economy in the world and having a UNSC permanent seat, already gives us more credibility than India will ever have.

Look at a list of the so-called "great powers" in the world. China is there, India is not. :wave:

Great power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Basically what you are saying is you'll keep supporting Pakistan until its non state actors doesn't attack you. Doesn't matter what they do to other countries, is that right? Great exhibition of moral high standards.

I don't believe that the Pakistani state supports terrorism, and no one has been able to prove such an assertion.

Having the 2nd largest economy in the world and having a UNSC permanent seat, already gives us more credibility than India will ever have.

Look at a list of the so-called "great powers" in the world. China is there, India is not. :wave:

Great power - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Never mind. Its useless to discuss with you.

I don't believe that the Pakistani state supports terrorism, and no one has been able to prove such an assertion.

I didn't say it does. But least they can do is look into the allegations. But hey its not China's problem, right?

I didn't say it does. But least they can do is look into the allegations. But hey its not China's problem, right?

The state of Pakistan does not support terrorism.

So of course I don't have a problem with that. In fact, I am very happy about that.

Back
Top Bottom