What's new

China backing out on power project

well, statistically speaking it wasnt
perception wise it was...

1. no petrol crisis(even though petrol was all time high in international market)
2. lower line losses
3. low technical losses
4. higher increase in tax collection during first 3 years
5. better growth during asian crisis though poor performance during last 2 years

in nutshell its history repeating itself, it was exactly similar picture in 1990s with little to no difference between each govt performance. the only difference that during PML N era corporate and business sector grows while during PPPP era mostly its the middle class and agriculture sector. i am purely speaking on statistics check out them or i can post them for u

Petrol crisis can be blamed on increased demand after price drop. Under PPP tax collection barely increased 3%.

Petrol crisis can be blamed on increased demand after price drop. Under PPP tax collection barely increased 3%.
that is very funny..honestly

Petrol crisis: Business owners ask govt to clear circular debt – The Express Tribune

read this the reason was pretty much simple, PSO defaulting

pso defaulted in november , thus unable to bring its shipment it needed

this news is dated before petrol crisis in november, clearly saying it will happen , were they some magicians???
PML N supporters are no different from PPPP "jaylays" but they "parhay lekhay jaylays" rather than uneducated.
so who are the worse?

Financial curse: The inner tactics of PSO – The Express Tribune

More problems with the silk road. Pakistan cant handle the financing so this is also likely to disappear into thin air. The cheap gas pipeline was an utter joke played by Pakistan on Iran. Agree the price, sign agreements, get them to to build their part of the pipeline, then DEMAND THEY PAY for your part of the pipeline. :sarcastic::suicide2: Then when the pipeline is complete DEMAND iran sell their gas for practically nothing. You cant get a bigger bunch of crooks.

Senators vow to resist any change in initial route of economic corridor

* ANP, PkMAP, PPP, PML-Q and FATA members stage walkout from Upper House * Say bypassing areas populated by Baloch a and Pakhtuns is a conspiracy

senators-vow-to-resist-any-change-in-initial-route-of-economic-corridor-1423009074-5696.jpg

ISLAMABAD: Opposition and coalition senators on Tuesday warned the government that they would not accept any change in route of Pak China Economic Corridor and also said that the project would fail if the initial plan were amended.

Even senators belonging to Awami National Party (ANP), Pakhtunkhwa Milli Awami Party (PkMAP), FATA members including Federal Minister Abbass Khan Afridi, Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) staged walked out against the statement of federal minister for planning, reform when he said the route will not change but initially existing infrastructure would be utilized. The enraged senators also warned that amendments in initial route of the project would lead to disintegration of the country and vowed that changes would be resisted till last breath. They allegedly bypassing areas populated by Baloch and Pakhtun people is conspiracy against the people of Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan and also some parts of Punjab.

Over a call attention notice, Haji Mohammad Adeel said that in initial route, backward areas of Balochistan, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Punjab existed but suddenly some conspirators try to bypass these areas and change the original route over the plea of security concerns. He also claimed that the initial route is the shortest. “If any attempt made to change the route, we will resist and would not allow it”, he added saying that even the JUI-F would also not accepted any change in the initial route. Ilyas Ahma Bilor claimed that any amendment in the initial plan would lead to disintegration of the country.

Federal Minister for Planning, Development and Reform Professor Ahsan Iqbal termed the Pakistan China economic corridor as future of the country, said it will provide connectivity with the Central Asian republics and make it a regional hub for transit trade. He said the original alignment of the Corridor never changed but the government wanted to construct the route on multi-dimensional bases. “I will say categorically, there is no change in original route”, the minister told the Senate. However, the construct the route, there is need for $11 billion, saying the government don’t have such funding. In meantime, the minister said China suggested to take advantage of existing infrastructure of Pakistan (Motorway) so as to get quick results.

Senators vow to resist any change in initial route of economic corridor

@WishLivePak I like how you didn't even post the full article, and simply posted a link. It really does show how much you want to make people believe in your bullshit, because you know most people won't even bother to read the article.

Either that, or you can read. China didn't back out of the project, they simply want 4 plants instead of 10, because it's more technically viable.

You tend to make shit posts, but this one takes the cake.

@Horus Please fix the title, OP is misleading people again.

china may not back out due to their politcal muscle in pakistan but international companies will due to pakistan multiple times defaulting in power sector

May be Chinese arent ready for Kickbacks that PMLN Govt. demanded and after backdoor negotiation agreed to invest with Kickbacks but with lower Capacity. When a person like Abid Sher Ali are running our Power Sector what do you expect. Chinese arent to be Blamed rather its our own Corrupt Govt. and their sold out Bureaucrats that are eating up Pakistan's money on Daily basis.

Ultimately any country's well being is up to the citizens of this country. As I once said friends don't exist in business and politic. China is out there for profit so are all other countries out there. Fundamentally China and Pakistan are very different country. China is a country where religions are persecuted whereas Pakistan is a religious state. Even when I read some of the posts on this forum, all I see is that most Pakistanis unfortunately have misplaced their priorities. For example, what happens thousands of miles matters more than casualties of Pakistan caused by acts of terrorism.

And don't be fooled. There is no such thing as Western/Eastern camp on earth. Today's world is driven by business and economy. Even for some mysterious reason I see many Chinese members trying to present themselves as the centre of the Anti-western eastern camp which is not really true. US is one of the biggest trading parters for China and sure there is competition between these two powers but they are not irrationally hostile to each other as they both understand the value of each other. China once depended on an ideology and they realised their mistake and made reforms to their system to reach the place that they are today, otherwise China would have either ended up breaking into pieces like USSR or be isolated as North Korea.

Pakistanis count on themselves being a close ally of China to be included in the "great anti-western camp". First of all Pakistanis should take a good look at what's best for the interests of the country and well being of people. Whether it is wise to further damage themselves by pretending as a representative of a religion. I am sure the elites already understand it but it's the people who view politics with an emotional eye.

@WishLivePak I like how you didn't even post the full article, and simply posted a link. It really does show how much you want to make people believe in your bullshit, because you know most people won't even bother to read the article.

Either that, or you can read. China didn't back out of the project, they simply want 4 plants instead of 10, because it's more technically viable.

You tend to make shit posts, but this one takes the cake.

@Horus Please fix the title, OP is misleading people again.
I hardly post article. Articles are bound to be bias. I present story, it is more your job to go and see what your favorite media has to say about it. Finally, it's not my fault that people are too lazy to click on the article and read it.

Someone in thread already posted article and I've wuoted article in posts as well.

Technically viable lol. Couldn't they figure it out 2 years ago? Now they've to make many changes to accommodate the new plan. So China HAS backed out. Don't try to sugar coat it by saying it's only 4 or of 10 that they'll make or it's technically viable (which article doesn't discuss and rather says that Pakistani gov't wanted all 10 plants).

And I'm in no way makings people want to people in my "bullshit." Look in the thread, everyone is saying that China and Pakistan friendship is the way US and pakistans were, self interest.

Here, read this: Federal govt all set to abandon flagship 6,600MW Gadani Coal Power projects

Gadani power project is impracticable, China refuses to invest: sources | Pakistan | Dunya News

Not to mention PPP got gov't from Musharraf and PML got t from PPP. Musharraf left a better pakistan than ppp.

But PML is filled with idiots nonetheless. The petrol crisis could've averted if it wasn't for an accountant taking care of our finances.

Last edited:
If you look at it from a simple business logic. What sense does it make to invest in Pakistan's power sector. The investor wont get paid back and has to acquire sovereign guarantees to secure investments. Govt and big business has the habit of defaulting on payments.

Here in Pakistan, the biggest defaulters are big industries, including House of Sharif. Next comes govt agencies. Now tell me. If the govt you elect is itself involved in stealing power and defaulting on bills, how will it recover the bills from govt departments?

Then the govt has audacity to point fingers at you stealing power! The general consumer is not stealing power, the people whom you elect are.

This govt, in a zeal to show efficiency, gave away Rs. 380 billion of your money to pay off circular debt. Did anyone of you ask where the PM where did he spend your money? No you did not. Most likely that money has gone to near and dear ones and well connected to Sharif family.

If you look at it from a simple business logic. What sense does it make to invest in Pakistan's power sector. The investor wont get paid back and has to acquire sovereign guarantees to secure investments. Govt and big business has the habit of defaulting on payments.

Here in Pakistan, the biggest defaulters are big industries, including House of Sharif. Next comes govt agencies. Now tell me. If the govt you elect is itself involved in stealing power and defaulting on bills, how will it recover the bills from govt departments?

Then the govt has audacity to point fingers at you stealing power! The general consumer is not stealing power, the people whom you elect are.

This govt, in a zeal to show efficiency, gave away Rs. 380 billion of your money to pay off circular debt. Did anyone of you ask where the PM where did he spend your money? No you did not. Most likely that money has gone to near and dear ones and well connected to Sharif family.
The general public has $3 billion dollars of debt to power companies. Province and FBR among other states institutions also owe millions of dollars. KPK is cooperating and punjab to some extent. But sindh and Baluchistan are not (Baluch has very small debt compared to others though). There is everyone involved in this.

One city has 90% people who either steal or refuse to pay bill.

6,600MW Gadani power project put on back burner - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

China is here for self interest. This "Deeper than deepest ocean" blah blah is only because if Chinese interest in region. If US was our neighbour, it'd be same story.

China isn't doing us any favor, rather we're doing them a favor due to the amount of concessions they get.

First lesson of economics class: There is no free lunch and there only exists self interest. The sooner my fellow majority Pakistanis realize this, the sooner Pakistan can grow stronger. Until then, it's a third world country and a puppet state. It has to dance to the tunes of international aid. "We give you X, if you do X for us, even if it means going against your religion or cultural values."
the issue is with the commissions and the level of corruption and mismanagement of the successive "democratic" governments. Chinese have their limits. Iran's gas pipeline was cancelled, Sherifs got $1.5 billion reward from the Saudis for breaking and sabotaging it .. we got power crises and Irma n and Operation Zarb e azab stands blamed and now Khawaja Asif and Abid Sher Ali will blame the Chinese for the crises.
well done.
@Leader wonder where $1.5 Billion hallal dollars went?

the issue is with the commissions and the level of corruption and mismanagement of the successive "democratic" governments. Chinese have their limits. Iran's gas pipeline was cancelled, Sherifs got $1.5 billion reward from the Saudis for breaking and sabotaging it .. we got power crises and Irma n and Operation Zarb e azab stands blamed and now Khawaja Asif and Abid Sher Ali will blame the Chinese for the crises.
well done.
@Leader wonder where $1.5 Billion hallal dollars went?
Gov't makes a lot of money ;)

Even gaddani project wasn't open. They probably made tons of money and are laughing their bum off as they hear it's cancelled.

Time to start new project and make money there.

OP - If definition of good friend for you is the one who should keep showering money on you than i sincerely feel sorry for your friends.

OP - If definition of good friend for you is the one who should keep showering money on you than i sincerely feel sorry for your friends.
Lol

Personal friendship does not equal countries friendship. We die, countries don't.

And no where I said showering money. I spoke of self interest. I guess it is you who thinks like that.

Lol

Personal friendship does not equal countries friendship. We die, countries don't.

And no where I said showering money. I spoke of self interest. I guess it is you who thinks like that.

Persons makes nation, Mindset of people in Pakistan is that only one who keeps showering goodies and ready to support you in your fights is your friend. This kind of relationship doesn't last long unless it's two-way street and it's applicable on personal level as well as national level. If you are so incompetent and corrupt to fix your nation than why blame others? Does "Deeper than Ocean and Higher than Mountain Friendship" means that China should take all responsibility of solving your problems while you keep yourself busy in looting & plundering?

As the thread is related to money and your first line in post is questing China's intention (And this is your 2nd such thread) rather than find out the reason what the hell is wrong with us that no-investor is coming to country and now even closest friend is also deferring plans.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom