What's new

China backing out on power project

yea, that's what I said.....

I specifically said I brought up India to make a point, that is literally what I said.

Did you forget what YOUR original question is, lol, at least stick to your own point. I can keep going with this if you want, see I actually tried to track down the articles when I saw those articles and that's why I can say what I said.

Are you also surprised that in a cooking forum, water is brought into the mix? Water is not just used for cooking,

I told you exactly why I brought India into this. So if you really think I dragged India into this is completely out of the blue.

Then you need to prove two things, one India is not a HOT topic of conversation in this Pakistan Defence Forum, two, Indian media, officials, people, members don't see or use Pakistan China relationship as one that is intended on Indian.

Prove these two points and yea, then I did just made a crazy point.

Just wanted to confirm that you wanted to deny the benefits of such a massive market to your Higher & Deeper than friends

Just wanted to confirm that you wanted to deny the benefits of such a massive market to your Higher & Deeper than friends
I responded to the comment Pakistan MUST depend on India, and I simply said Japan became a world power long before China came into the mix, which means, you don't necessarily need to depend on a neighbour.

On a side note, Indian GDP nominal is still 10th highest, which means 9 more markets are bigger and the US and EU are far and above the biggest, anybody who's anybody needs a big share of that to be successful, not anybody else.

I also said in the same post, while it is possible, they shouldn't want to and I gave reasons why.

That is in the post, check the post you quoted, if you think I edited it.

I responded to the comment Pakistan MUST depend on India, and I simply said Japan became a world power long before China came into the mix, which means, you don't necessarily need to depend on a neighbour.

On a side note, Indian GDP nominal is still 10th highest, which means 9 more markets are bigger and the US and EU are far and above the biggest, anybody who's anybody needs a big share of that to be successful, not anybody else.

I also said in the same post, while it is possible, they shouldn't want to and I gave reasons why.

That is in the post, check the post you quoted, if you think I edited it.

Nope i didn't edited any post in this thread & if i have there is a statement below it showing that i have edited it & the time at which i did it

You do know how similar Indian & Pakistani cultures are,there is a massive market for Pakistani products (Textiles,Agro Products & they don't manufacture anything else which can be exported to India ) here & not to forget the massive border both India & Pakistan share (Absent in case of Japan & China),better relations btw the 2 countries will also help to diffuse tensions & we will not fund Proxy wars in each other countries.
Conclusion Both India & Pakistan need each other to become a developed country

Nope i didn't edited any post in this thread & if i have there is a statement below it showing that i have edited it & the time at which i did it

You do know how similar Indian & Pakistani cultures are,there is a massive market for Pakistani products (Textiles,Agro Products & they don't manufacture anything else which can be exported to India ) here & not to forget the massive border both India & Pakistan share (Absent in case of Japan & China),better relations btw the 2 countries will also help to diffuse tensions & we will not fund Proxy wars in each other countries.
Conclusion Both India & Pakistan need each other to become a developed country

You're messing with me right, there's no way, you misunderstood that statement, especially with the use of I in there.

You're messing with me right, there's no way, you misunderstood that statement, especially with the use of I in there.

Okay,now i am confused too.Let's just call it a day

I can't seem to understand what the ruckus is all about ? Many others backed out of similar projects when they saw that 'the Projects' were little more than money minting missions for the politicians; why do you guys think that our previous President was called Mr.10% ?

Fix this system and Pakistan will fix itself; memos have been signed a plenty with numerous nations in the past with very little to show for it.

yea, that's what I said.....

I specifically said I brought up India to make a point, that is literally what I said.

Did you forget what YOUR original question is, lol, at least stick to your own point. I can keep going with this if you want, see I actually tried to track down the articles when I saw those articles and that's why I can say what I said.

Are you also surprised that in a cooking forum, water is brought into the mix? Water is not just used for cooking,

I told you exactly why I brought India into this. So if you really think I dragged India into this is completely out of the blue.

Then you need to prove two things, one India is not a HOT topic of conversation in this Pakistan Defence Forum, two, Indian media, officials, people, members don't see or use Pakistan China relationship as one that is intended on Indian.

Prove these two points and yea, then I did just made a crazy point.

Oh really ???
Who are you to drag India to make your point in here ?
Article didnt mentioned about India and you just make you point by going offtopic ,draggings India name in to it.
AFAIK PDF can move forward without Indians .I think mods like @waz , @Chak Bamu will agree with me.

For India all others are just a neighbours .Even if our relation with neighbours have some variation , all of them are our neighbours. Thats all.

I told you dont pass lame comments without any proof.And dont interested in repeat that.
When it comes to the thread relating us there is no problem about commenting us. But this was a pure business thread neither the article mentioned about India nor they drag our names in to this thread.
If you have dealings with Pakistan then do it directly .Dont drag India in to this shit.Go and read your first post.If you have reasonable argument to justify these project cancellation then do that.Dont drag India in to your shitty talk like you did in that first post for the justification your claims.

6,600MW Gadani power project put on back burner - Pakistan - DAWN.COM

China is here for self interest. This "Deeper than deepest ocean" blah blah is only because if Chinese interest in region. If US was our neighbour, it'd be same story.

China isn't doing us any favor, rather we're doing them a favor due to the amount of concessions they get.

First lesson of economics class: There is no free lunch and there only exists self interest. The sooner my fellow majority Pakistanis realize this, the sooner Pakistan can grow stronger. Until then, it's a third world country and a puppet state. It has to dance to the tunes of international aid. "We give you X, if you do X for us, even if it means going against your religion or cultural values."
If anything this is the failure of the Federal Govt. especially that buffoon Nawaz Sharif since it was termed the signature power project of this tenure....I don't see you mentioning him !
Pakistan is not entitled to Chinese or any foreign investment...you make it attractive for them they will invest !
If investment is not coming to the country its the fault of the govt. for not creating those conditions attractive to investors !
Strange patwari logic to blame the investor for not taking the risk !

3 month old news, you are yet again late. China didn't include Gadani project in $42 billion package.

@Horus news title is changed to suite someone agenda

Oh really ???
Who are you to drag India to make your point in here ?

Yea, you're right, who am I to use India in a point, I'm clearly not worthy.

Article didnt mentioned about India and you just make you point by going offtopic ,draggings India name in to it.
AFAIK PDF can move forward without Indians .I think mods like @waz , @Chak Bamu will agree with me.

Keep twisting my meaning, cooking can be done without water too, but if the dish is a soup, then you need water.

Ask any mods if I said anything that isn't relevant, to this discussion if you must.

For India all others are just a neighbours .Even if our relation with neighbours have some variation , all of them are our neighbours. Thats all.

I told you dont pass lame comments without any proof.And dont interested in repeat that.
When it comes to the thread relating us there is no problem about commenting us. But this was a pure business thread neither the article mentioned about India nor they drag our names in to this thread.
If you have dealings with Pakistan then do it directly .Dont drag India in to this shit.Go and read your first post.If you have reasonable argument to justify these project cancellation then do that.Dont drag India in to your shitty talk like you did in that first post for the justification your claims.

I have no idea what this means, I know internet forums aren't exactly a haven for making sense, but being a military/political forum, you think that may improve, but it doesn't.

I made my points very clear and you have addressed none of it, while I have addressed every one of yours.

Yea, we are done here, I'm discussing with a mad man here, and I don't mean the cool kind that works on Madison Avenue.

Not a surprise honestly, I always spoke when I first signed up that Chinese should not be considered saviors and "friends" and was bashed by other Pakistanis for towing a pro American line lol. That is why I stopped bothering with such things because people here do not seem to learn.

Pakistan needs to look out for itself and rebuild on its own. Similar to how the Germans rebuilt themselves on their own post WW1. How they did it was starting their own public works projects and employing their own people, that is how they built the Autobahn highway system a project that was stuck in the works until Hitler finished it.

Likewise Pakistan needs to build its own roads, its own power plants, parks, schools, and anything else that comes to mind. Also it should finish the Gwadar port on its own and even try and establish a link to Kabul and even connect it to the Iranian Chabahar port.

Pakistan media is a lunatic media. Its journalistic ethics and international relations knowledge is as much as you can get in an evening tabloid.

Media always projects nations as if they friends like you and me might be. States dont act or behave like that. US is not our enemy. Just like Pakistan is not US enemy. They both play and interact with each other on interests. For a long time, US pressed Pakistan to act against Afghan Taliban, Pakistan did not. Before acting against them, Pakistan might have needed assurances, once it got them, it acted.

Same with China. China is a rising power. It needs Pakistan for its interests not because Pakistan helped it out of isolation 50 years ago. Our media and our people keep thinking about China as a friend as if it was Pakistan's school mate and best buddy. It does not happen like this!

In the end, I will say Pakistan has the leadership it deserves. Nawaz Sharif summarizes our shortcomings and our insincerity to the national causes. Singing patriotic songs and saying patriotic things dont do a zilch.

Our actions leave a lot to be desired. We have to become significant not because of our location but because of our economy and human resource. If we keep selling our location, powers will keep using it for their interest and we will be left to gather pieces of destruction and mayhem as it happened after Afghan war against Soviets.

Why doesn't the media project this? I turn on the news and all I see is "man dies in motorbike accident", "lorry crash kills a billion kids", "Pervez Musharraf does a fart" bla bla bla.

Its Pakistanis who are at fault. You guys are just so lazy. And when you do organise something, its cringeworthy like making a massive flag or some ultra Islamic rally. That is all cringe.

Make theme parks, clean the coast off Karachi. Make resorts all along the coast. Turkey have done this and everyone loves to go.

Make clean and eye opening bazaars, clean the cities. Build more museums. Hold regular cultural events (which are not cringeworthy).

Get media to spend 15 minutes of a bulletin to talk about good things happening in Pakistan. Instead of sending reporters to go find a burnt lorry, look for good things and events and report on it. Create feel good factor.

Make movies which show the interesting things to do. Pay foreign media outlets to show good side of Pakistan.

I can go on and on. Its possible, doesn't require a huge some of money and Pakistanis need to start doing this and not be lazy.

Great points here.

Unfortunately sad, if Pakistan will collapse next twenty years or doesn't want Pakistan to progress better by our society, I hope someone will not complain it later. It will be over and crush. :(

very simple reason, under current government line lossess and circular debt has increased much more than PPPP govt. i.e more stealing and more corruption as well as mismanagement.
on the other hand to cover this corruption power cost as been increased and quota system dissolved

so solution to PML N incompetency is to sc*** the middle class via increasing bills

i have to say this tenure performance has been worse in PML N history

very simple reason, under current government line lossess and circular debt has increased much more than PPPP govt. i.e more stealing and more corruption as well as mismanagement.
on the other hand to cover this corruption power cost as been increased and quota system dissolved

so solution to PML N incompetency is to sc*** the middle class via increasing bills

i have to say this tenure performance has been worse in PML N history

I have to agree with you but PPP was worst or even more so.

You can not fault China. They are not responsible for solving your problems. Why don't you build the power plants yourselves? If Iran can build its own hydroelectric, combined cycle thermal and wind power plants, then why can't you?
Agree with the first part of your statement. Don't agree with the second part. Iran has more than enough cheap fuel to generate electricity. The country is overflowing with fuel. Also mentioning Iran was irrelevant.

Maybe we should stop begging and do something on our own. Why does Pakistan think we are entitled to aid? This sense of entitlement will ruin us.

I have to agree with you but PPP was worst or even more so.
well, statistically speaking it wasnt
perception wise it was...

1. no petrol crisis(even though petrol was all time high in international market)
2. lower line losses
3. low technical losses
4. higher increase in tax collection during first 3 years
5. better growth during asian crisis though poor performance during last 2 years

in nutshell its history repeating itself, it was exactly similar picture in 1990s with little to no difference between each govt performance. the only difference that during PML N era corporate and business sector grows while during PPPP era mostly its the middle class and agriculture sector. i am purely speaking on statistics check out them or i can post them for u

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom