What's new

China backing out on power project

Its up to Pakistanis to build cultural value and drive investment.

At the moment all I see is Sprite and Pepsi adverts on tv. There is nothing being to done to promote the country, the media never reports anything good and there are no cultural events which the world media can use.

Pakistan needs to start projecting a positive image. Where are the creatives?

You did it you want to.make a point.
And your petty excuses to justify your controlled media both English and Chinese was quite hilarious.
Any person having common sense can understand what was they meant for.
If such articles was published by our media or Pak Media we can accept that .Because we have a full fledged vibrant democracy and Pakistan has at least partial democracy.But that is not the case in your authoratarian style Communist Govt.Govt is severly restricting the movements of your media.Now dont pass lame comments about your media.Because entire world knows about their so called press freedom.
Ok .This a Pakistan.Defence Forum .But for us Pakistan is just another neighbour like BD or SL and more irritant than rest of our neighbours.So what ?That doesnt mean our identity is based on them or their based on ours .

You are the first one that unwantedly drag India to justify your govts lack of initiative in that Pak Project .While their reason was just pure business but you add something in to it by commenting about countering our nation.

I may be one of the most unbias pakistan here, so I'll say this and hope you understand.

Our media is far more open and better than Indian counterpart. If India was to post this story, they'll make it seem like some movie script and China is dumping pakistan.

If there's one thing other than toilets that pakistan excels at compared to India is our news media (major ones. Smaller ones are gossips and sensnational.)

When I read pakistan reporting matter about India, it is equivalent to what international media will post (with a few sensations). But if India is, it won't do the same.

Finally, major Indian media is maturing and the opposite is happening in Pakistan (ARY news).

One day we will lose the edge over you guys in news item too :(

Its up to Pakistanis to build cultural value and drive investment.

At the moment all I see is Sprite and Pepsi adverts on tv. There is nothing being to done to promote the country, the media never reports anything good and there are no cultural events which the world media can use.

Pakistan needs to start projecting a positive image. Where are the creatives?

Pakistani culture is eat and go up to Islamabad or murre and call it a trip.

Living in Pakistan, I used to get so happy and excited for the few hour drive to murree and nathiagali. What I enjoyed also was dinner parties.

In the west, it's more about travelling far and taking part in bigger things than eating. I travelled in Europe a lot. I travelled the U.S. and Canada as well. If I go the same distance to murree now, it's like waste of time and isn't exciting. But I would love to go hiking 1 hot away or snowboarding or sky surfing. Or even fly a plane.

Dinner parties are also waste of time (rather have the party + activity).

To give you an idea, on one vacation, I had some 10-15 connections!

Mind you, pakistan has SO MUCH to do. There can be many things done on Karachi beach and the mountains of gilgit. But on the media, more attention is paid to food and vacational places like murree etc. there is no snowboarding, sky surfing, flying plane, sky diving, hiking and so forth being promoted.

I may be one of the most unbias pakistan here, so I'll say this and hope you understand.

Our media is far more open and better than Indian counterpart. If India was to post this story, they'll make it seem like some movie script and China is dumping pakistan.

If there's one thing other than toilets that pakistan excels at compared to India is our news media (major ones. Smaller ones are gossips and sensnational.)

When I read pakistan reporting matter about India, it is equivalent to what international media will post (with a few sensations). But if India is, it won't do the same.

Finally, major Indian media is maturing and the opposite is happening in Pakistan (ARY news).

One day we will lose the edge over you guys in news item too :(

Living in Pakistan, I used to get so happy and excited for the few hour drive to murree and nathiagali. What I enjoyed also was dinner parties.

In the west, it's more about travelling far and taking part in bigger things than eating. I travelled in Europe a lot. I travelled the U.S. and Canada as well. If I go the same distance to murree now, it's like waste of time and isn't exciting. But I would love to go hiking 1 hot away or snowboarding or sky surfing. Or even fly a plane.

Mind you, pakistan has SO MUCH to do. There can be many things done on Karachi beach and the mountains of gilgit. But on the media, more attention is paid to food and vacational places like murree etc. there is no snowboarding, sky surfing, flying plane, sky diving, hiking and so forth being promoted.

Not all Indian medias are like that .Except that ToI like shit.Media like The Hindu and regional channels are quite on par with internationsl level.You cant compare facilities of 1.2 billion people with 20 crore peoples nation.

Why doesn't the media project this? I turn on the news and all I see is "man dies in motorbike accident", "lorry crash kills a billion kids", "Pervez Musharraf does a fart" bla bla bla.

Its Pakistanis who are at fault. You guys are just so lazy. And when you do organise something, its cringeworthy like making a massive flag or some ultra Islamic rally. That is all cringe.

Make theme parks, clean the coast off Karachi. Make resorts all along the coast. Turkey have done this and everyone loves to go.

Make clean and eye opening bazaars, clean the cities. Build more museums. Hold regular cultural events (which are not cringeworthy).

Get media to spend 15 minutes of a bulletin to talk about good things happening in Pakistan. Instead of sending reporters to go find a burnt lorry, look for good things and events and report on it. Create feel good factor.

Make movies which show the interesting things to do. Pay foreign media outlets to show good side of Pakistan.

I can go on and on. Its possible, doesn't require a huge some of money and Pakistanis need to start doing this and not be lazy.

If you PM, after signing agreements, gets busy with dinner parties then dont expect someone else to do all the work. you have to look serious first then other might some and help...do you see seriousness i dont

Earlier also some 30 bn USD+ investment was announced by china.

I do not think that Pakistan can boost its economy without having a good relation ship with India. India can certainly provide affordable power to Pakistan if we explore the possibility in right direction.

If Gadani is put in back burner, bring Adani in.

Adani has an ultra mega power plant in gujarat and supplies Gujarat government a power at a very low rate of around rs 2.60 per unit. Some time ago, there were some talk of buying power by Pakistan from India.

No investment. It was Nawaz Sharif inept govt telling everyone it was investment. Chinese offered commercial loans of $30b underwritten by their EXIM bank.

Well yea, I don't think anybody thinks China is a saint or even close.

Pakistan need to have something in it for China, because we don't come empty handed, do we. We invest, we share tech and we sell weapons and tech that some may not be comfortable parting.

However, we cannot leave empty handed, for one, this rivalry with India isn't actually that important right now, as they are not at the stage where we need to use too much effort into anything.

Second, even if we are authoritarian, we can't just tell companies to go in for a loss, and hope for the best, even for us.

Lastly, do you really want Pakistan to be known as the place charity is being granted? 5 bucks is charity, in the international arena that maybe a few billion, but in terms of real money, especially that of a nation of Pakistan's size, that's like giving 5 bucks to a family of 10.

One word, Japan. Before China's rise or anything, Japan was already a major world player, Pakistan can certainly be somebody without India, whether they should want to is another story.

There are big markets, and great partners all around the world. You don't need to be tied down to anyone. But also, you shouldn't discount anyone, as that's just not smart.

Look at the world and China, America, at this point, hates our guts, but they can do no more than a half baked attempt at TPP, which is about as effective as a paper cut.

It's much better to be allies for practical than sentimental reasons.

You are saying ignore the market with more than a Billion people that it & at the same time you are exploiting the very same market.
Lvl of Hypocrisy = Super high

there are people who just want to complain and watch more Indian dramas then news.
We can grow and China is helping us but Pakistani politicians like having everything for free and even then complain. China will resume when the first step of projects are completed

Agreed sadly Pakistanis are the one who are at the fault here & i don't mean Pakistani Govt,i mean the People of Pakistan who consider paying electricity bill a sin

Agreed sadly Pakistanis are the one who are at the fault here & i don't mean Pakistani Govt,i mean the People of Pakistan who consider paying electricity bill a sin
most people pay their bills but when your Prime Minister is a billionaire with mills everywhere and industries... need i say more.. The whole ruling class is exempt it seems from bills...

Pakistan media is a lunatic media. Its journalistic ethics and international relations knowledge is as much as you can get in an evening tabloid.

Media always projects nations as if they friends like you and me might be. States dont act or behave like that. US is not our enemy. Just like Pakistan is not US enemy. They both play and interact with each other on interests. For a long time, US pressed Pakistan to act against Afghan Taliban, Pakistan did not. Before acting against them, Pakistan might have needed assurances, once it got them, it acted.

Same with China. China is a rising power. It needs Pakistan for its interests not because Pakistan helped it out of isolation 50 years ago. Our media and our people keep thinking about China as a friend as if it was Pakistan's school mate and best buddy. It does not happen like this!

In the end, I will say Pakistan has the leadership it deserves. Nawaz Sharif summarizes our shortcomings and our insincerity to the national causes. Singing patriotic songs and saying patriotic things dont do a zilch.

Our actions leave a lot to be desired. We have to become significant not because of our location but because of our economy and human resource. If we keep selling our location, powers will keep using it for their interest and we will be left to gather pieces of destruction and mayhem as it happened after Afghan war against Soviets.

most people pay their bills but when your Prime Minister is a billionaire with mills everywhere and industries... need i say more.. The whole ruling class is exempt it seems from bills...

From what i have heard the ruling class as well as the middle class avoids playing bills,is that true?

The Prime Minister and his business empire ans his family are biggest electricity defaulters. In an environment like this environment, paying your bill is a sin.

From what i have heard the ruling class as well as the middle class avoids playing bills,is that true?
actually no the middle class is quite regular in paying the bills. The line losses, old equipment, ridiculously expensive price of production and theft by the industrial and political giants is the cause of these huge problems

actually no the middle class is quite regular in paying the bills. The line losses, old equipment, ridiculously expensive price of production and theft by the industrial and political giants is the cause of these huge problems

Thought so,Privatisation is a good answer to these problems

lol. I was talking about overall trade, not pin pointing to specifics. And I mentioned US and Russia.

Are you saying that Russia is doing 0 trades with Europe and America? Yes? Speaks about your mind. You have no understanding at all and start calling out names.

here you go" The economic relationship between Russia and the U.S. is unbalanced. Russia is the 20th largest trading partner for the U.S., with $27 billion worth of trade exported across the Atlantic. On the flip-side, the U.S. is Russia's fifth largest partner, with just $11 billion worth of trade."

Now go cry yourself a river after being proven wrong. It is you who is deviating away, by involving Europe and gas, when I was discussion US and overall trade, for which I've given evidence.

Since you have no idea what I'm talking about, let me quote myself "Even US and Russia has to trade, despite being arch enemy." and for it I gave evidence. You came along and attacked me saying "look at Europe and gas supply."

Idiocy runs high.

Russia is dependant on US trade, that is according to your own post.

Let me explain, Russia is on 20th position on USA list by trade volume. While USA is on 5th position on Russia's list. Russia can't afford to loose a 5th position guy. But USA wouldn't have much of a problem if somebody on number 20 disappears.

You are saying ignore the market with more than a Billion people that it & at the same time you are exploiting the very same market.
Lvl of Hypocrisy = Super high
yea, that's what I said.....

You did it you want to.make a point.
I specifically said I brought up India to make a point, that is literally what I said.

And your petty excuses to justify your controlled media both English and Chinese was quite hilarious.
Any person having common sense can understand what was they meant for.
If such articles was published by our media or Pak Media we can accept that .Because we have a full fledged vibrant democracy and Pakistan has at least partial democracy.But that is not the case in your authoratarian style Communist Govt.Govt is severly restricting the movements of your media.Now dont pass lame comments about your media.Because entire world knows about their so called press freedom.

Did you forget what YOUR original question is, lol, at least stick to your own point. I can keep going with this if you want, see I actually tried to track down the articles when I saw those articles and that's why I can say what I said.

Ok .This a Pakistan.Defence Forum .But for us Pakistan is just another neighbour like BD or SL and more irritant than rest of our neighbours.So what ?That doesnt mean our identity is based on them or their based on ours .

Are you also surprised that in a cooking forum, water is brought into the mix? Water is not just used for cooking,

You are the first one that unwantedly drag India to justify your govts lack of initiative in that Pak Project .While their reason was just pure business but you add something in to it by commenting about countering our nation.

I told you exactly why I brought India into this. So if you really think I dragged India into this is completely out of the blue.

Then you need to prove two things, one India is not a HOT topic of conversation in this Pakistan Defence Forum, two, Indian media, officials, people, members don't see or use Pakistan China relationship as one that is intended on Indian.

Prove these two points and yea, then I did just made a crazy point.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom