What's new

China agrees to import rice from 17 mills in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having a nice food-related discussion until an Indian started boasting about how India invented everything, including rice. :P

I know you guys believe that you are a superpower (and that Ancient "Indians" invented space ships), but if you want to make such claims, at least bring proof.

It is a known fact that the very first record of rice cultivation and domestication occurred in China over ten thousand years ago.
I also enjoyed reading. it was pleasent seeing Indians and Chinese can have nice discussion atleast related to food.:P
Come on mate we don't believe we are super power. We believe we are future super power:D

As for last point you can not say thing happened 10000 years ago as fact. there can not be enough proof to say it is fact.
It is always a claim. anybody can claim anything.:P we can just agree to disagree and move on.:china:

Same reason that Egyptians no longer read Heiroglyphics! Don't ask stupid questions!

Do you consider the Egyptians of today to be a continuation of the civilization of the Ancient Egyptians?

There is a continuity of civilization which was broken. And so they cannot read what their ancestors have wrote, they now write in Arabic.

Do you consider the Egyptians of today to be a continuation of the civilization of the Ancient Egyptians?

There is a continuity of civilization which was broken. And so they cannot read what their ancestors have wrote, they now write in Arabic.

How would you define a "continuous" civilization my friend?

What are the essential elements that must endure?

Same reason that Egyptians no longer read Heiroglyphics! Don't ask stupid questions!
If you know any basics of Egypt history, you will get to know that the Egyptians today are NOT the continuation of the Ancient Egyptian that built pyramid. Do you want to say the same to your country?

Chinese people still write with the same characters, still speak the same language, still follow the Ancient traditions of Ancestor worship and all the festivals related to such. Thousands of years ago my ancestors were participating in the Mid-Autumn Festival, the Spring Festival, we still do that. The cultural rituals are still mostly the same, we eat moon cakes and burn incense.

Modern day Egyptians do not do any of that, do you think an Islamic country would still follow those Pagan rituals? They don't recognize their old written language because it has been replaced by Arabic.

They are not continuing the civilization of the Ancient Egyptians. That's why there was a break in continuity, and why they can no longer read Hieroglyphics.

Haha..you are more tactful than I am! So I will leave the discussion to you as I have to leave.

I would say that the vedas are at the heart of Indian culture and that was around 4000 years ago. It continues to influence the meaning and ethos of what it means to be Indian , whatever maybe our individual religion.

:wave:

Chinese people still write with the same characters, still speak the same language, still follow the Ancient traditions of Ancestor worship and all the festivals related to such. Thousands of years ago my ancestors were participating in the Mid-Autumn Festival, the Spring Festival, we still do that. The cultural rituals are still mostly the same, we eat moon cakes and burn incense.

Modern day Egyptians do not do any of that, do you think an Islamic country would still follow those Pagan rituals? They don't recognize their old written language because it has been replaced by Arabic.

They are not continuing the civilization of the Ancient Egyptians. That's why there was a break in continuity, that's why they can no longer read their old writings.

But China lost its ancestral faiths. Or if not lost completely, at least pushed to the point of peripheral irrelevance.

I believe India is superior to you in that. In fact, I believe that India is the world's oldest and only surviving living unbroken civilization.

You can of course rightfully disagree.

Basmati rice taste great, but not with Chinese dishes. You need to serve it with Middle Easter, Central Asian or South Asian cuisine. The taste and texture aren't widely accepted by Chinese, but since I grew up in Canada, I actually love the stuff.

I could eat lamb yogurt with basmati rice all day, everyday.

But China lost its ancestral faiths. Or if not lost completely, at least pushed to the point of peripheral irrelevance.

I believe India is superior to you in that. In fact, I believe that India is the world's oldest and only surviving living unbroken civilization.

You can of course rightfully disagree.

I do disagree. India never existed before the British colonialists created it, before that it was a large number of separate Kingdoms/countries who did not share culture or religion.

China is now mostly Atheist yes, but in our festivals we still practice the old rituals related to Ancestor Worship. In practice the culture lives on, it's just that we no longer believe in supernatural things.

Whereas India's civilization came from the Indus Valley which is in modern-day Pakistan, not in the Republic of India. India's civilization was that of the Aryan invaders from Central Asia. It was not native to the region that is now called India.

If you know any basics of Egypt history, you will get to know that the Egyptians today are NOT the continuation of the Ancient Egyptian that built pyramid. Do you want to say the same to your country?
They are genetically exactly the same people. Their civilization was modified by the Greeks , then the romans and then the Arabs. They do still have many continuations to their old civilization though as you will see if you ask any Egyptian.

I do disagree. India never existed before the British colonialists created it, before that it was a large number of separate Kingdoms/countries who did not share culture or religion.

China is now mostly Atheist yes, but in our festivals we still practice the old rituals related to Ancestor Worship. In practice the culture lives on, it's just that we no longer believe in supernatural things.

Whereas India's civilization came from the Indus Valley which is in modern-day Pakistan, not in the Republic of India. India's civilization was that of the Aryan invaders from Central Asia. It was not native to the region that is now called India.
It is not the civilization that came from the Indus River but the western name for India.

Indian civilization is based on the ancient vedas not on a river.

The name for China by the way comes from the Sanskrit name "chin"

I believe you are an intelligent man. And recognize the difference between a civilization and a modern nation state.

Lets agree to disagree. There is a lot to appreciate and admire about China.

Being the world's oldest living unbroken civilization is not one of them.

genetically, we are all the descendants of the gorilla from east Africa, no matter you are yellow, black, or white today.
On that brother, I have to agree with you...not gorilla...but certainly we are all originally descendants from a higher ape that walked out of Africa.

No disagreement on that!

Indian civilization is based on the ancient vedas not on a river.

The name for China by the way comes from the Sanskrit name "chin"

The Vedas came from the Indus valley civilization in Pakistan, not from India. And it was brought by Aryan invaders from Central Asia.

It replaced the native civilization in India just like Ancient Egyptian civilization was replaced by Arabic language and culture.

And the English name for China comes from the word Qin/Chin, the first Emperor who united China into a single entity with a central government (over 2000 years ago). In the Chinese language our country is referred to as the Middle Kingdom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom