What's new

China agrees to import rice from 17 mills in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you make rice sticky? By not draining the water completely? Or over-cooking to a lumpy consistency?

Its funny how cultures differ. Out here if a girl learning how to cook does the same, she gets a ticking off from her mom. Lol
what's the relation between your comment with mine?

what's the relation between your comment with mine?

I wanted to know from a Chinese person how to make sticky rice.

Don't be aggressive with me bro. You should see me in real life. I'm a walking talking teddy bear. Impossible to dislike.

I guess you lost your mind when you figured out that all of India's borders are named after white British men like Henry MacMahon. :P

There was no such thing as India before the colonialists came. Even the name India is taken from a river in another country (Pakistan) because that was a part of the British Raj, not the Republic of India.

Pakistan's Indus River is what the British used when they came up with the idea of India. Hinduism is also named after this same river. So are West Indians (black people in the Carribean) who were also named by the British after this same river.
Bharatvarsh is a millennia old civilization.

How do you make rice sticky? By not draining the water completely? Or over-cooking to a lumpy consistency?

Its funny how cultures differ. Out here if a girl learning how to cook does the same, she gets a ticking off from her mom. Lol

We do not remove starch from rice, it's naturally sticky.

That sounds like a trade war.

Can't I make do with Indian rice and a Hawkins cooker instead?

That sounds like a trade war.

Can't I make do with Indian rice and a Hawkins cooker instead?

Just add some "sticky rice" to your regular rice, and cook with your rice cooker. I did this if I buy a wrong type of rice.

Just add some "sticky rice" to your regular rice, and cook with your rice cooker. I did this if I buy a wrong type of rice.

Sounds like you guys don't eat what we call "polished" rice.

There is a fat (cheap, poor people get it in ration stores) variety we get called Hussna chawal. Maybe that's it ...

The type of rice that Indians eat is not the same type of rice that we eat.

Unless they are specifically growing our type of rice to export to us.

Indian rice is much harder to use with chopsticks because they do not stick together as much as our ones do. Don't you wonder why Indians use spoons/hands to eat rice, you can't pick up lumps of Indian rice with chopsticks, it will fall apart. Just try going to any Indian restaurant and using chopsticks.

If you are talking about sticky variety, it is fairly common in north east part on country. Different varieties are grown here not just the more popular non sticky one. I wonder which variety china is importing.
http://www.placeoforigin.in/order-sticky-rice-online-attaa033
http://www.nelive.in/north-east/food/sticky-rice-staple-northeast-cuisine

Last edited:

There is a fat (cheap, poor people get it in ration stores) variety we get called Hussna chawal. Maybe that's it ...

If China, they "polish" rice if the rice is old (over an year)". In China, there are two major type of rice, long grain and short grain.

The long gain rice is similar to Indian rice, separated and less sticky. China imports a large quantity long grain rice from Thailand, and is preferred by people in South part of China; the short grain rice is more sticky and preferred by people in North. All rice in Japan are short grain rice, which was my favorite in the state. I have been using Costco brand of American rice, which seems to be the combination of both.

Last edited:
So why are we even importing?

What do you do with all the rice that you import from Pakistan? They are almost same to north Indian varieties.

Nah man that is actually parboiled rice, which is more nutritious than polished rice.

Since India has exsisted as a civilization for many millennia, but why you today can not recognize Indus script (also known as the Harappan script)??

The Chinese script born in the similar ear is called as Oracle bone script (甲骨文). In China we now even has the Oracle bone script dictionary. Even An ordinary Chinese with one or two hours training can recognize these 3000~4000 year old characters!

View attachment 355418 View attachment 355419

Indus script is not even a script, thats why it couldn't be deciphered. Indian use Brahmi script which is derived from Aramaic script in Middle East.

Now they use English as their lingua franca.

Last edited:
Since India has exsisted as a civilization for many millennia, but why you today can not recognize Indus script (also known as the Harappan script

Same reason that Egyptians no longer read Heiroglyphics! Don't ask stupid questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom