What's new

China agrees to import rice from 17 mills in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
no....it is really an Indian restaurant.
They could be more popular in cities where there are more Indians working.
But my city's major expats are French, Korean and Japanese.
OK. I meant it more as a sarcasm.

Anyways what city is that?

We have found a way to bastardise Chinese food. Served all over India. As south asians I think we are more open to different kinds of food and then mix & match accordingly.

Funny story:
I remember once Vir Sanghvi a very famous reporter did a food show for a change. Somewhere in Delhi he found out a food stall which had a Chinese Chaat stall(what is chaat? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaat) He ate it was aghast and said may the Chinese curse you forever. So basically the ingredients of what goes into a chaat were supplanted with what we normally perceive as Chinese.. like noodles, some soy sauce or something that we eat in India here called manchurian (meat or veg - fried balls in soy & other sauce gravies)here ....
I personally thought he was quite ingenious :woot:

I have eaten authentic Chinese food. I like pork Siumai.

Whats the difference if any with Taiwanese food? @Chinese-Dragon @AndrewJin

An Indian who says chopsticks originated from Japan and rice cultivation came from India, India dominated the trade of whole Asia before China even started then to show us a source which contradicts his own statement. Yup we are all convinced of the mighty Indian ancient civilization who invented everything. :disagree:

Did you even read your own source?

Even your own source says that China was the first to cultivate rice.

Oh I didn't realize I was talking to someone who was ill.

You realize India didn't even exist back then right? It was the British who united the many separate Kingdoms of the subcontinent into an entity they called India, after a river in British India (currently in Pakistan).

Why do you think all of India's borders are named after white British people like Henry MacMahon? Do you think Henry MacMahon is an Indian name?

Typical Indian bragging.

Rice originated and cultivated in China, then spread across Asia. Independent source: US National Academy of Science.

"Molecular evidence for a single evolutionary origin of domesticated rice"
http://www.pnas.org/content/108/20/8351

Genetic evidence published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) shows that all forms of Asian rice... spring from a single domestication that occurred 8,200–13,500 years ago in China of the wild rice Oryza rufipogon.

B773CE4068B077E2406079ADE5295A3D.jpg

Last edited:
Ikr! The hand is the part where germs bacteria is most infected. I guess they have develop a certain immunity over the years from sickness.

We eat our snacks,fries, cookies sandwitches with our hands. We roll our bread with our hands. We knead the pizza roll with hand. We eat our fruits and cut veggies with hand. We do many things with our hands and eating is just extension of it.

Did you even read your own source?

Even your own source says that China was the first to cultivate rice.

Oh I didn't realize I was talking to someone who was ill.

You realize India didn't even exist back then right? It was the British who united the many separate Kingdoms of the subcontinent into an entity they called India, after a river in British India (currently in Pakistan).

Why do you think all of India's borders are named after white British people like Henry MacMahon? Do you think Henry MacMahon is an Indian name?
Yes India dint even existed before 1947 but China was before 10,000 BC is that's your point?

And rice Orginated from India and then spread to China that's what the source says. And the China u talking about in those time a small unstable central parts surrounded by many small kingdoms. U may say same to India but matter of fact our culture was same from afghanistan to Eastern end of Asia in those days. It isn't historical facts? Or you want to say It's not in sarcastic way

An Indian who says chopsticks originated from Japan and rice cultivation came from India, India dominated the trade of whole Asia before China even started then to show us a source which contradicts his own statement. Yup we are all convinced of the mighty Indian ancient civilization who invented everything. :disagree:

Well it's all about timeline. Our trade with entire world was very old than yours that's the point am making. In fact influence and culture Buddhism and spirituality to you self defence Kung-fu all migrated from India isn't it?

I think chopsticks are the reason we do not see too many fat or obese Chinese. If I were to eat with chopsticks, I'd be constantly hungry for the rest of my life.

Daal chawal with hands tastes different. Eating it with a steel spoon just leaves the taste of steel in your mouth.

So before Chinese cultivated rice and spread to India. Indians were eating grass and meat? :)

Yes India dint even existed before 1947 but China was before 10,000 BC is that's your point?

And rice Orginated from India and then spread to China that's what the source says. And the China u talking about in those time a small unstable central parts surrounded by many small kingdoms. U may say same to India but matter of fact our culture was same from afghanistan to Eastern end of Asia in those days. It isn't historical facts? Or you want to say It's not in sarcastic way

Well it's all about timeline. Our trade with entire world was very old than yours that's the point am making. In fact influence and culture Buddhism and spirituality to you self defence Kung-fu all migrated from India isn't it?

Buddha was born in Nepal.

And Nepal was never a part of India, not even British India.

All this happened a long time before India was created by the British colonialists.

And Chinese are mostly Atheist anyway. Our largest religion is Chinese folk religion which is related to Taoism.

But Indians do eat rice right? :lol: The Indian Army uses guns/firearms/bombs/artillery/missiles which are all Chinese inventions.

There were no nation states anywhere in the world till a few centuries ago. India certainly exsisted as a civilization for many millennia . We were not "invented by the British" !!!!! :hitwall:

Indian cuisine is very deep and rich and extensive, you cannot write it off based on one indifferent restaurant in some random town somewhere! Try some of the Michelin starred ones in Europe or the home cooking of the average Indian grandma, you will not be disappointed.

As for agricultural produce, half of the things we eat today originated in South America including tomatoes, potatoes, chocolate and corn ...doesn't mean we can't cook with it.

Cotton, bananas, mangoes are original Indian I think,, wheat from the Middle East, tea and peaches from China.

So What? Big deal. I like them all.

Just a typical bragging supa powan.

Indepedent academic source:

Genetic evidence published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America (PNAS) shows that all forms of Asian rice... spring from a single domestication that occurred 8,200–13,500 years ago in China of the wild rice Oryza rufipogon.

http://www.pnas.org/content/108/20/8351

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1161121/jsp/nation/story_120452.jsp#.WDUUjjpNgCE.twitter

Buddha was born in Nepal.

And Nepal was never a part of India, not even British India.

All this happened a long time before India was created by the British colonialists.

And Chinese are mostly Atheist anyway. Our largest religion is Chinese folk religion which is related to Taoism.

But Indians do eat rice right? :lol: The Indian Army uses guns/firearms/bombs/artillery/missiles which are all Chinese inventions.

:woot::woot::woot::woot::rofl::rofl::rofl:

I guess you lost your mind when you figured out that all of India's borders are named after white British men like Henry MacMahon. :P

There was no such thing as India before the colonialists came. Even the name India is taken from a river in another country (Pakistan) because that was a part of the British Raj, not the Republic of India.

Pakistan's Indus River is what the British used when they came up with the idea of India. Hinduism is also named after this same river. So are West Indians (black people in the Carribean) who were also named by the British after this same river.

That's a nasty way to eat and I wonder if they are using the same hands after finishing in the restroom?
It depends upon how you see it. Personally I'd like to feel the warmth of the food. It helps me from not putting hot food in my mouth and there by suffer burns. And it feels good to eat hot food with my hand in winter.

And south Indians eat rice mostly, north Indians eat roti, naan, paratha or chapathi. All of those are a form of plain bread like thing. You cannot eat them with a spoon or fork or chopsticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom