What's new

China agrees to import rice from 17 mills in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohh, damn, don't describe the details. I have no problem eating rice balls with hands, but I can't stand squeezing rice, sauce, meat, even soup together with hands...
u don't use your palm, just the fingers.
even the messiest rice eater would not have anything on his/her palm. the best ones only have a few rice stick in the tips of their fingers (actually that is a rarity - food stuck on fingers).
thanks to @Chinese-Dragon for his sensible approach and answers.

The name for China by the way comes from the Sanskrit name "chin"
We call ourselves as "中国" (pronounced as Zhong Guo), literally the Middle-Country.

The script below comes from an ancient Chinese ritual bronze vessel that made in Xi Zhou Dynasty, around 3,000 years before. The four characters circled is: 宅兹中国 (Translation: build the house in Zhong Guo /中国).

u0o9d4.jpg

I believe you are an intelligent man. And recognize the difference between a civilization and a modern nation state.

Lets agree to disagree. There is a lot to appreciate and admire about China.

Being the world's oldest living unbroken civilization is not one of them.

Imperial China began with the Qin dynasty around 200 BC and ended at the beginning of the 20th century. Thats well over 2000 years of one solid, identifiable culture who's outlook, technology and ideals hardly changed.

India did not maintain a cohesive empire for anywhere near as long, nor did any other place in the world. India's history is full of conflict, religious upheavals, regime changes, invasions and CHANGE.

As a civilization, your spirituality and wisdom was always brought in, assimilated, adopted from the Indian civilization. In that, you were always the junior partner. The pupil, India the teacher.

Again, you could rightfully agree to disagree.

When Chinese were cultivating rice, ancient Indians were collecting them as edible grass. The is the difference of cultures.

The Vedas came from the Indus valley civilization in Pakistan, not from India. And it was brought by Aryan invaders from Central Asia.

language of vedas is sanskrit....
where does in central asia you find sanskrit ..??

As a civilization, your spirituality and wisdom was always brought in, assimilated, adopted from the Indian civilization. In that, you were always the junior partner. The pupil, India the teacher.

Simply put, till you rid yourself of the faiths of your ancestors, you were a Dharmic civilization.

You no longer are. Ergo, broken. Not continuous.

Again, you could rightfully agree to disagree.

Again, the Indian Civilization never existed back then.

The source of your modern civilization is from Pakistan, from the Indus Valley civilization. Which was brought by Aryan invaders from Central Asia.

There is nothing of the native culture today that remains after the Aryan invasions.

"Indian civilization" is a concept of the British. Even the religion Hinduism did not have a name, it was also named after the Indus River by the British.

The source of your modern civilization is from Pakistan, from the Indus Valley civilization. Which was brought by Aryan invaders from the Middle East.

There is nothing of the native culture today that remains after the Aryan invasions.

"Indian civilization" is a concept of the British. Even the religion Hinduism did not have a name, it was also named after the Indus River by the British.

These "invasions"

Can you help me with a date? An epoch maybe??

The source of your modern civilization is from Pakistan, from the Indus Valley civilization. Which was brought by Aryan invaders from Central Asia.

civilization belong to the people who follow it..

pakistan history books starts with bin qasim...

How would you define a "continuous" civilization my friend?

What are the essential elements that must endure?
I can share some of my humble opinions here.

By "continuous", it means the ancestors in very ancient time already had independent records on own history, so people today don't need to fully rely on archaeology to understand the history;

And the descendants today can also understand the ancient scripts. The understanding of ancient scripts is NOT the previllage of very few experts.

Take China as the example, we have very old ancient history books like 尚书 (The Grand Book), 左传 (Commentary of Zuo), 史记 (The Book of History). These books were written in 2,000 to 3,000 years before. And surprisingly, the ordinary Chinese people today can still understand these ancient books.

For example, below is one page from The Book of History (史记), which was authored in 2,100 years ago. You can check with any Chinese member on this forum, they can all read and understand the content.
12323.jpg

I can share some of my humble opinions here.

By "continuous", it means the ancestors in very ancient time already had independent records on own history, so people today don't need to fully rely on archaeology to understand the history;

And the descendants today can also understand the ancient scripts. The understanding of ancient scripts is NOT the previllage of very few experts.

Take China as the example, we have very old ancient history books like 尚书 (The Grand Book), 左传 (Commentary of Zuo), 史记 (The Book of History). These books were written in 2,000 to 3,000 years before. And surprisingly, the ordinary Chinese people today can still understand these ancient books.

For example, below is one page from The Book of History (史记), which was authored in 2,100 years ago. You can check with any Chinese member on this forum, they can all read and understand the content.
View attachment 355432

That is quite amazing. A privilege and a treasure. Thank you.

That is quite amazing. A privilege and a treasure. Thank you.
thanks.

yes, it is a privilege and a treasure. Just to share you another very interesting example.

Below is an arm protector digged from an East Han-Dynasty tomb in Xinjiang Province in 1995. The East Han Dynasty existed from 25–220 AD. See what is written on it? 五星出东方利中国, or "Five star rises in the East, brings benefits to China". These characters are almost the same to what we use today.
12355.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom