What's new

Chengdu J-20 5th Generation Aircraft News & Discussions

Are you sure the J-20 in your '2016' picture isn't a photoshop job? The angle of the camera, as well as the angle the flaps and ailerons deployed seem identical to the angles of the plane in the '2015' picture.

It seems implausible that two pictures taken can capture the jet at the same speed and angle of attack. What do you think?

Here's another theory of mine.

China has a tendency to test new engines on the starboard side of a test aircraft. For example, here is a J-11(A?) testbed for the WS-10. Notice how the WS-10 is on the starboard side.

e0RmMdD.jpg

Several years back, a unique set of pictures showed up of a J-20 with a very strange looking starboard engine.

y4GO70w.jpg

This phenomenon showed up again with J-20 2011. Notice the starboard engine.

A0RTL3V.jpg

At the time, I dismissed it as a new type of RAM coating on the starboard nozzle. But think about it, why put a new RAM coating on a single nozzle? Why is this new RAM coating so rarely seen? Now with the arrival of J-20 2016 with what appears to be new engines things are more clear. I believe it is possible that they were already testing these new engines several years ago.

jZfsLLC.jpg

2jQNLLj.jpg

In my opinion, the 2016 engines are unique. It's not just the color but the texture as well. It has a very smooth texture just like the strange silver nozzles that showed up several years ago.

China has a tendency to test new engines on the starboard side of a test aircraft. For example, here is a J-11(A?) testbed for the WS-10. Notice how the WS-10 is on the starboard side.

Several years back, a unique set of pictures showed up of a J-20 with a very strange looking starboard engine.

A0RTL3V.jpg

At the time, I dismissed it as a new type of RAM coating on the starboard nozzle. But think about it, why put a new RAM coating on a single nozzle? Why is this new RAM coating so rarely seen? Now with the arrival of J-20 2016 with what appears to be new engines things are more clear. I believe it is possible that they were already testing these new engines several years ago..

Its a new engine and the nozzles and petals are designed with special material for Stealth optimization to reduce the RCS. If I was to guess, may be Gold-plated or something like that might have been used in the mix.

Are you sure the J-20 in your '2016' picture isn't a photoshop job? The angle of the camera, as well as the angle the flaps and ailerons deployed seem identical to the angles of the plane in the '2015' picture.

It seems implausible that two pictures taken can capture the jet at the same speed and angle of attack. What do you think?
the extremely out-of-this-world hi-tech camera is programmed with parameters to do that incredible job...dont doubt..:omghaha:

check the tail part of the two pictures and you will see apparent differences

e0RmMdD.jpg

y4GO70w.jpg

A0RTL3V.jpg

At the time, I dismissed it as a new type of RAM coating on the starboard nozzle. But think about it, why put a new RAM coating on a single nozzle? Why is this new RAM coating so rarely seen? Now with the arrival of J-20 2016 with what appears to be new engines things are more clear. I believe it is possible that they were already testing these new engines several years ago.

jZfsLLC.jpg

2jQNLLj.jpg

In my opinion, the 2016 engines are unique. It's not just the color but the texture as well. It has a very smooth texture just like the strange silver nozzles that showed up several years ago.

New engines are NOT tested where the jets are made but where the jets are subject to REAL and vigorous flight tests。

Iran is where Chinese engines get full and thorough tests。

I think PL-15 is nothing more than a smaller fin PL-12. It is specially tailor for storing internally in the weapon bay of J-20. If you noticed PL-12 fin are simply too big for J-20 to store efficiently internally.

The real breakthru will be the PL-21 ramjet next generation missile.

To admit, regardless all progress made in recent years regarding new propulsion and size, given range of 400km (or even more) the PL-15 simply can't be that PL-12-look-alike with the shorter wings/fins.

As such I think that this former PL-15 seen under the J-11B and within the J-20's bay is in fact "only" a internal-carriage-version of the PL-12 (maybe the final development of the rumoured PL-12C with foldable tailfins).

And that the true PL-15 is most likely some sort of Sino-Meteor featuring a ramjet motor for long range attack similar to PL-21 or even PL-12D.

Deino

New engines are NOT tested where the jets are made but where the jets are subject to REAL and vigorous flight tests。

Iran is where Chinese engines get full and thorough tests。
Could you please elaborate on that ?

Where did you get that info ?

It is our Internet 'nickname' for the engine testing facility and place in China, its called 'yanliang' which sounds close to 'Yilang'=Iran in Chinese```only hardcore military fan in China would know this nickname

Other internet slams in China
Iron Pak = Pakistan (means Iron brother)
rice empire = America (America empire)
clitors = UK (sounds close to British empire in Chinese)
perfume = France
foot bucket = Japan (japon)

J-20 = lace pantyhose
J-31 = sticky rice dumpling
F-22 = empress
F-35 = fat thunder
nuclear-sub = big black fish
`
`
one day, Rice empire was contemplating to bully Iron Pak, and he decided to drag Clitors, Perfume and Foot bucket into the gang, but Rabbit (China) found out the plan, threaten to send a fleet of Lace Pantyhose and Sticky Rice Dumpling to beat the $hit out of the Empress and Fat Thunder```later on the Bear (Russia) heard it, he said, I will send Big Black Fish to assist you Rabbit``

other mates like Monkey, Baboon, Leather Shoes, Football, No.3, Hans, Fire Chicken, Club and Maple Leaf are all sitting around watching how this event will evolve````
`

Last edited:
It's you who posted that link ( not me ) said that lifespan is 1,500 hours. You stated 1,500 hours is not lifesplan ( and guess 3,000 hours as lifespan, while ignore 300 hours number ). I requested you to translate carefully, but you restated that fact.

I get the third party ( kungfugymnast, a Chinese member ) to translate and prove to everybody, you lied to everybody, you fooled us

now we do know how you translate a truth on purpose. Actually compare to 8000 hours of lifespan in 10 years, 1500 hours of lifespan serves less than 10 years, exact is 2 years.

I'm replying to you and him for discussion.
@Beast

Large engine category, ws10 lifespan 1500hours requiring major service aka overhaul is still acceptable for today's standard. F15 PW F100 engine lifespan is 2000 hours if not mistaken while GE f110 used in f14b lifespan at slightly over 1000hours. Just to let you know that all aircraft engines requiring to remove and overhaul at major service interval. The compressor blades and combustion system are to be replaced since they operate at such high temperature, pressure and speed. That's why most countries said owning and operating fighter jets are costliest maintenance.

The 10 years lifespan & higher apply to the stage where the engine can never be overhauled but required entire replacement with totally new engine. Good engines would last far more than 10 years.

I admit that is a mistake in translation becos my original source of info is not there but whether or not you want to believe 3000 lifespan is your business, not mine. Whether or not you think China now still depends on Russian on aviation engine for its main fighter is too your business

As for fooling and lying. The number of times you get banned more or less speaks about your character. :D

The 3000hours lifespan probably belong to the improved ws13 variant medium size engine equivalent of RD33. Earlier variant WS13 lifespan is 2200 hours. Any news on latest ws13 for j31 v2 prototype?

Guys ... STOP !! Immediately stop this bashing, useless forth and back of arguments even more since they are by now completely off-topic !

You simply have different opinions and all arguments are mentioned ... but given Your altitude, no-one will ever persuade the other one nor will any-one give in !

Period ... accept that. Tread closed until everybody cools down a bit ... or new images of '2016' appear !

I will later clean that tread and delete all off-topic posts.

Deino

More likely the brains of some of our Indian friends have ceased to function。:D

Anyway the actual range of the PL-15 is longer than what the report suggests。

And the PL-21,an ultra long-range AAM missile,is only a couple of years from deployment。:enjoy:

Their minds are scrambled by the rapid development of China. Import kings can never compete with China.

Back
Top Bottom