What's new

Chai Pe Charcha :)

What Will be the single biggest Issue for General Elections 2014

• Total voters
You can't give a one option scenario. All the above matter in varying degrees. Please change it into listing according to priorities.

Third Front is unviable 'tired front': Mamata

NEW DELHI: Mamata Banerjee is unfazed by her exclusion in the recently-formed Third Front which she rubbishes as an unviable "tired front" and is confident that a different kind of federal front will rule the country after the upcoming Lok Sabha polls.

The West Bengal chief minister and Trinamool Congress supremo is also keeping open the option of whether she is a contender for the prime ministership, saying "people will decide".

She ruled out any truck with Congress or BJP and hoped that people would "reward" her party "abundantly" in the polls.

"No matter. Any force with the Communists in it is not viable because the people have rejected the CPM. So,... it is not Third Front, it is Tired Front," she told PTI in an email interview.

Mamata was responding when asked how she sees coming together recently of 11 parties to form the Third Front which includes Left parties, Samajwadi Party, JD(U) and JD(S).

Asked whether she felt left out as she was not included in the 'Third Front', Mamata replied, "Nothing like that."

She insisted that "any Front of significance (including Trinamool) will only come together after the results are announced... We are hopeful that a Federal Front government will lead this nation."

Questioned as to how this was possible and who could be her allies after elections, she remained vague. "Making empty noise now is one thing. It is not important. What is important is to come to Delhi in May with many dozens of Lok Sabha seats. The Federal Front will take shape with this model, on the plank of common policies."

On whether she will be a candidate for the prime ministership in case a 'Federal Front' is formed, the Trinamool chief said, "Throughout my three decades of struggle, people have always been my motivation and inspiration, not 'kursis' (chair)."

At the same time, the former Union minister dropped enough hints about her ambition. "I have experience of working at the Centre, I have also experience of working in a state. In a democracy, people will decide."

Commenting on the current political scene, Mamata contended that "Congress is not the alternative to BJP and BJP is not the alternative to Congress."

Hitting out at Congress with which she had an alliance till about two years ago, she said, "People are tired of corruption. People are tired of dynasty."

She also targeted BJP, saying "People are tired of parties that encourage riots."

Maintaining that people of the country want development, peace and progress for the nation and for the states to happen hand in hand, the West Bengal Chief Minister said she has been focussing on these issues only.

"Our focus has been on developing Bengal so that the people will reward us abundantly in the Lok Sabha elections," she said.

Besides West Bengal, Trinamool will contest the upcoming Lok Sabha polls in Uttar Pradesh, Manipur, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Delhi and Jharkhand, she said.

"As you know, we are the principal opposition party in Manipur and also have our MLAs in Assam, Arunachal and UP. We have already announced that we are putting up candidates in Delhi, Jharkhand and some other states," Mamata added.

Asked whether there was a possibility of Trinamool allying with BJP, she replied, "Let me make it very clear. We are fighting these elections against the Left, the Congress and the BJP."

Whether she could again have alliance with Congress with which her party split on a bitter note, Mamata reflected her contempt for that party.

"The Congress will get just between 60 and 70 (Lok Sabha) seats. The country is fed up with their anti-people policies. So where is the question of forgiving and forgetting? Because we are always with the people," she claimed. On BJP's poll prospects, she projected that the party would get close to 150-160.

Third Front is unviable 'tired front': Mamata - The Times of India

asked the SINGLE largest issue.

multiple voting won't be right b'coz people will nearly select all things.

If I know my countrymen well than DEVELOPMENT will emerge as largest.

Inflation is bigger issue than development for us.

Increased prices of rice and daal affect poor and middle class much more than lack of express highways.

Off coarse, development is very necessary.

What I mean is slow development is big issue but inflation is bigger issue for us, at leas for most Indians.

Inflation is bigger issue than development for us.

Increased prices of rice and daal affect poor and middle class much more than lack of express highways.

Off coarse, development is very necessary.

What I mean is slow development is big issue but inflation is bigger issue for us, at leas for most Indians.
--
inflation and development is inter related....
if put in right policy and governance .. indian can achieve 9% growth..
most of indian inflation- major ... is supply side food inflation which can be only tacked by policy initiative less by rbi monitory policy

@JanjaWeed @pursuit of happiness @Parul @Android @Roybot @levina @chak de INDIA @Dem!god @Android @CorporateAffairs @scorpionx @HariPrasad @SpArK @jha @KRAIT @Soumitra @GreenFoe @Ayush @Indischer @Hermione @45'22' @Rajaraja Chola @MST @Nair saab

2014 GENERAL ELECTIONS - INDIA.

For People who want to talk politics in much lighter way.......keeping tempers down......

DON'T SPAM THIS THREAD.

ONLY NEWS, VIEWS & ANALYSIS.

EDIT: Poll Added Now.

EDIT: chai to pilai hi nahi :D

3518tea3.jpg

Batata Wada

To all members: Chai ke saath snacks to bante hai.

batata-vada.jpg

Kachori

aloo-ki-kachori.jpg

Kolhapur Special Misal

Misal+Pav.jpg

Farsan

images

Biscuits

coconut-shortbread-biscuits.jpg

@JanjaWeed @pursuit of happiness @Parul @Android @Roybot @levina @chak de INDIA @Dem!god @Android @CorporateAffairs @scorpionx @HariPrasad @SpArK @jha @KRAIT @Soumitra @GreenFoe @Ayush @Indischer @Hermione @45'22' @Rajaraja Chola @MST @Nair saab

@arp2041: No Kanjooshi. :disagree:

Last edited:
@Parul @JanjaWeed

Have to admit....Modi is a shrewd politician......

Was always wondering what would be done of MNS in Maharashtra.....

I think Modi will achieve a coup if MNS don't fight LS elections......

It was projected to win 4-6% of votes & BJP-SS 42%....

If MNS doesn't fight, this can add to BJP-SS tally & it can get upto 48%!!!!

@Parul @JanjaWeed

Modi is a dictator

@Parul @JanjaWeed

If MNS abstains from contesting national elections, it will indeed be a major coup for BJP. Then again... there is a lot of bad blood between SS & MNS. Both are fighting for same turf. Even if MNS agrees not to contest... there could be some sort of price tag behind it. Will have to wait & see what is that...

Meanwhile...

REVEALED: Why AAP wants Arvind Kejriwal to take on Narendra Modi from a seat outside Gujarat - daily.bhaskar.com

The BJP is likely to announce on Wednesday formally its decision on the proposed electoral understanding with “the PMK and DMDK,” and the seat sharing arrangement with the allies for the Lok Sabha polls.

“We will make it known (the decision on alliance with PMK and DMDK) tomorrow,” L. Ganesan, National Executive member and a senior leader of the BJP’s Tamil Nadu unit toldPTIon Tuesday.

Asked if the alliance with both PMK and the DMDK had been firmed up, he declined to give a specific reply. Sources indicated that hectic parleys between the BJP and the DMDK were underway at a “common place”.

“A common ground is being reached despite glitches and I hope we are succeeding,” another BJP leader said, requesting anonymity.

The party has been trying hard to bring both the DMDK and the PMK on board although both the parties have traditionally been at loggerheads.

BJP to lay bare Lok Sabha poll deal for Tamil Nadu on Wednesday - The Hindu

@Rajaraja Chola will it be of any impact?? BJP-mdmk-dmdk-pmk alliance?

PMK is a waste of space. No-one, even their own caste people will vote for them. MDMK have garnered sympathy on account of Tamil Issues. DMDK is the real star in their crown. Plus NM as PM candidate. Luckily in TN, politicians dont openly talk of 2002 riots like in the north. They see a space , in which Congress is ousted, and BJP comes to power. Every party will look to make a alliance with winning party post poll. Karuna nor Amma never badmouthed Modi, and vice versa. Thats their main strategy. Amma will eventually emerge as Kingmaker or make herself the Queen.
So what I and most of people I interact with see are, this alliance is just a need for BJP contesting and testing its own strength, as its own base in TN is negligible. They with help of DMDK, can try to garner a maximum of 2-4 seats or less.

Here see, for the first time I am seeing Amma commenting on National Security and Defence.
UPA govt weakened country's defence: Jayalalithaa - The Times of India

Back
Top Bottom