What's new

The Future of Indian Opposition - Congress/Regional Parties/Others??

Who will form the main Opposition for BJP in next 10 years?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Currently the Political Power that BJP/Modi holds over India is looking UNCHALLENGED. The grand old party of India - The Indian National Congress (INC) is getting DECIMATED state after state. Recent announcement of GK Vasan in TN of split is just another blow to the party. The party has never looked beyond the family for leadership & is in very dismal state with neither Sonia nor RaGa able to provide any leadership to the party.

Now going above party lines/affiliation, would like to ask, what is the FUTURE of Indian Opposition? - Congress, regional parties or any new party will emerge to take the place of Congress?

Though i think that Modi will remain unchallenged for atleast 10 years, but what is the FUTURE of Indian Polity? Is it CongressMukt or OppositionMukt??

@levina @SarthakGanguly @ExtraOdinary @scorpionx @Ravi Nair @anant_s @Indischer @nair @Robinhood Pandey @Roybot @jaunty @Abingdonboy @sancho @Srinivas @gslv mk3 @halupridol @Dash @MohitV @Skull and Bones @acetophenol @IND151 @HariPrasad @he-man @Guynextdoor2 @eowyn @Tridibans @sms @my2cents @jarves @Rajaraja Chola @XiNiX @Android @nik22 @OrionHunter @Star Wars @Nair saab @Indo-guy @Brahmos_2 @desert warrior @gslv @Mike_Brando @oFFbEAT @GR!FF!N @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @Bang Galore @Dillinger @AUSTERLITZ @sandy_3126 @Dem!god @Kurama @zip @wolfschanzze @RKO @ni8mare @JD_In @illusion8 @kaku1 @blood @ranjeet @GURU DUTT @rockstarIN @IndoUS @SR-91 @danish_vij @kaykay @Black Widow @StormShadow @kurup @raja hindustani @noksss @TejasMk3 @shuntmaster @sreekumar 45'22'@danger007 @Nova2 @chhota bheem @janon @anonymus @GORKHALI @Tshering22 @SledgeHammer @Sardar Singh @FNFAL @ptltejas @scorpionx @SarthakGanguly @Sidak @thesolar65 @INDIC @Saheli @JanjaWeed

It will make little effect as Tamil Nadu is DMK and AIADMK's stronghold and the split of congress will hardly make any difference.

Nearly all senior leaders were sidelined. PC, Pranab Mukherjee, Jayanthi Natarajan, even Kapil Sibal and were made to accept RG as their leader for their own position in their party. They are all capable leaders, but family and party are one.

I think Congress should hear Digvijaya Singh word" Make RG as President of Congress" ;) @arp2041 Shouldnt he take President role today? :D

Only Gandhi can keep Congress together, between Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi, Congress was marred with infighting without any leadership from Nehru-Gandhi family.

Include the option seculars and then I will vote :P

Lol
Kidding!!

Frankly I can not predict who will form opposition.Congress ,the behemoth had a great fall and it might take time to recover.
Infact it would mostly depend on BJP's performance at the end of 10 years which would decide who will form a strong opposition.

Every MUGHAL Falls & RaGa is the Last Mughal which will bring down the Mughal Empire with him.

All these years, Congress was like a Dhabha on a highway which thought that no matter what we fed to the people, they will have to EAT it only b'coz they are the ONLY Dhabha in the entire stretch of the highway, but now the ppl have the option as a NEW 5 star hotel has been opened just opposite the Dhabha serving food at very cheap rates, offering comfort stay etc. while the Dhabha has been served NOTICE to shut down due to expansion of highway to from 67 years old 4 lane to 21st century 8 lane (development). Now that old Dhabha don't have any place to open another one, it's HEAD is no where to be seen while it's chief chef was serving Comedy instead of food to ppl all these years. The thing is that the management of that old dhabha, even after it's demolition are thinking about opening another DHABHA somewhere else rather than changing acc. to the 21st century realities into a Motel/Hotel. So I don't think the old Dhabha has ANY chance to recover as the OLD mindset is embedded into there HEADS.

The question now arises who will compete the New Hotel Saffron whose HEAD says DhabhaMuktBharat & it's chief chef knows how to make every DISH in the world within minutes?

:D

I believe Congress wont be able to recover at all unless they dump Gandhi leadership but without gandhis they will be a infighting bunch thats a paradox.
Bjp has many leaders groomed and will do well in future due to sangh,RSS making leaders out of ordinary golks, unlike other parties who are mostly family based or rely on a single icon,i refer to regional parties.Mayawati,lalu,Amma,Karunanidhi,mulayam,KCR,abdullah etc.Once that icon is gone there is no one to take over the mantle & their offspring are dumb.Only parties which groomed leaders were INC,CPI but INC will stop any non gandhi from leading party therefore it will be finished.RAGA is the last mughal.CPI well they are dead anyways.Nehruivian romance is gone no one likes commies now.In future i see BJP as Center of right(where all these secular partoes will join or be absorbed into) and another opposition which is far right.There wont be any left parties left.Future is grim for Secular/regional parties.

I believe Congress wont be able to recover at all unless they dump Gandhi leadership but without gandhis they will be a infighting bunch thats a paradox.
Bjp has many leaders groomed and will do well in future due to sangh,RSS making leaders out of ordinary golks, unlike other parties who are mostly family based or rely on a single icon,i refer to regional parties.Mayawati,lalu,Amma,Karunanidhi,mulayam,KCR,abdullah etc.Once that icon is gone there is no one to take over the mantle & their offspring are dumb.Only parties which groomed leaders were INC,CPI but INC will stop any non gandhi from leading party therefore it will be finished.RAGA is the last mughal.CPI well they are dead anyways.Nehruivian romance is gone no one likes commies now.In future i see BJP as Center of right(where all these secular parties will join or be absorbed into) and another opposition which is far right.There wont be any left parties left.Future is grim for Secular/regional parties.

It will make little effect as Tamil Nadu is DMK and AIADMK's stronghold and the split of congress will hardly make any difference.

TMC headed by late GK Moopanar had a great effect. He was a people's leader. But it is said GK Vasan joined merged his party with INC again to get funds for his personalwallah :D

Still the legacy of Kamaraj and Moopanar in TN is unchallenged. If the Congress had asked votes after their names, they would have got a decent percentage atleast. Instead they were forced to ask for votes in Rahul Baba name.

Only Gandhi can keep Congress together, between Rajiv Gandhi and Sonia Gandhi, Congress was marred with infighting without any leadership from Nehru-Gandhi family.

I had predicted one thing right. Due to over secularism shown by shown so called secular parties, people have got tired of them, and went to BJP to protect the majority interest. Its great RSS is now uniting everyone under one banner of Hinduism by discrediting castes.
The more these secular parties sing secularism , the more the people gravitate towards BJP. And there will be a situation in future, in which every party tries to be more Hindu than the BJP. Situation in Kerala have made true my prediction. Alcohols, Bars have been banned inspite of opposition from Church groups. In such a dangerous scenario , in future people will be nowhere to turn to.

Its time the parties re-orient strategy as Ur development vs my development. Cos the arguement of Communalism Vs Secularism will bound to fail for sure. And I don see a future for Commies, as they are against development and Communalism.

Situation in Kerala have made true my prediction. Alcohols, Bars have been banned inspite of opposition from Church groups.
nope..They were in the front line for the complete liquor banning in the state,Though 49% of bar owners are from Christian community..

@Rajaraja Chola the two situations will clear the air regarding the leadership issue.

I had read a tweet of a guy from south Bangalore before LS elections, where Congress had one of the best candidates with a repo - Nandan Nilekani.

The guy said that if i vote for Congress, i will get one of the best, well educated, etc. MP from my constituency. But then i would get one of the FOOLS/idiots running the show as PM & Nilekani lost badly to Anant kumar against whom there was visible anti-incumbency, but ppl just wanted Modi at center, local leaders din't matter. So, RaGa was the cause that even winnable candidates of Congress lost.

While for Modi i had listened from no. of ppl that even if BJP would have projected a Pillar & said that voting it would result in Modi's victory, even then ppl would have voted for that pillar.

This aptly give an idea of state of leadership in two biggest parties in India.

Currently the Political Power that BJP/Modi holds over India is looking UNCHALLENGED. The grand old party of India - The Indian National Congress (INC) is getting DECIMATED state after state. Recent announcement of GK Vasan in TN of split is just another blow to the party. The party has never looked beyond the family for leadership & is in very dismal state with neither Sonia nor RaGa able to provide any leadership to the party.

Now going above party lines/affiliation, would like to ask, what is the FUTURE of Indian Opposition? - Congress, regional parties or any new party will emerge to take the place of Congress?

Though i think that Modi will remain unchallenged for atleast 10 years, but what is the FUTURE of Indian Polity? Is it CongressMukt or OppositionMukt??

@levina @SarthakGanguly @ExtraOdinary @scorpionx @Ravi Nair @anant_s @Indischer @nair @Robinhood Pandey @Roybot @jaunty @Abingdonboy @sancho @Srinivas @gslv mk3 @halupridol @Dash @MohitV @Skull and Bones @acetophenol @IND151 @HariPrasad @he-man @Guynextdoor2 @eowyn @Tridibans @sms @my2cents @jarves @Rajaraja Chola @XiNiX @Android @nik22 @OrionHunter @Star Wars @Nair saab @Indo-guy @Brahmos_2 @desert warrior @gslv @Mike_Brando @oFFbEAT @GR!FF!N @COLDHEARTED AVIATOR @Bang Galore @Dillinger @AUSTERLITZ @sandy_3126 @Dem!god @Kurama @zip @wolfschanzze @RKO @ni8mare @JD_In @illusion8 @kaku1 @blood @ranjeet @GURU DUTT @rockstarIN @IndoUS @SR-91 @danish_vij @kaykay @Black Widow @StormShadow @kurup @raja hindustani @noksss @TejasMk3 @shuntmaster @sreekumar 45'22'@danger007 @Nova2 @chhota bheem @janon @anonymus @GORKHALI @Tshering22 @SledgeHammer @Sardar Singh @FNFAL @ptltejas @scorpionx @SarthakGanguly @Sidak @thesolar65 @INDIC @Saheli @JanjaWeed

I dnt want Modi to become another Indira type leader, strong opposition is necessary in democracy. I wish congress make some non gandhi as their leader.

If Modi complete promises, he will be unchallenged 8-)
Otherwise Congress in leadership under Pappu Gandhi and AAP in leadership of Kujliwal will challenge Modi...

Congress. They are too strong at the grass root level and have a strong nationwide presence. It seems unlikely now but in politics things change quickly and unpredictably. In 2004 no one would have thought that BJP would end up losing the elections. Almost everyone was 100% certain they would win it by a bigger margin. The govt was so confident that they decided to hold the election 6 months early. We all know what happened next. Similarly things can and probably will change again. Congress however needs a better leader. Rahul Gandhi is not that leader.

It also depends on Modi's performance though. He is relatively young and healthy, if he can perform well he might stay in power for a long time.

Congress will emerge as main opposition.. or ruling party once again in 10 years time, riding a massive sympathy wave (Don't ask me how) ... just bookmark my post. :devil:

Last edited:
@Rajaraja Chola the two situations will clear the air regarding the leadership issue.

I had read a tweet of a guy from south Bangalore before LS elections, where Congress had one of the best candidates with a repo - Nandan Nilekani.

The guy said that if i vote for Congress, i will get one of the best, well educated, etc. MP from my constituency. But then i would get one of the FOOLS/idiots running the show as PM & Nilekani lost badly to Anant kumar against whom there was visible anti-incumbency, but ppl just wanted Modi at center, local leaders din't matter. So, RaGa was the cause that even winnable candidates of Congress lost.

While for Modi i had listened from no. of ppl that even if BJP would have projected a Pillar & said that voting it would result in Modi's victory, even then ppl would have voted for that pillar.

This aptly give an idea of state of leadership in two biggest parties in India.

Still Modi cant continue for long. If RG loses one more election, I bet he would quit politics, and Priyanka may give an entry.
BJP needs to groom a leader for the future. Moreover BJP should ensure that its work is really appreciable that people may move from the idea of Modi to the idea of BJP as a party of development.

Back
Top Bottom