What's new

Çay Bahçesi

Yeah. i exactly like you described. But our situation is different. Not like the traditional one where boy and girl never flirts.
We are doing this out of tradition, answer is definite. But it could be at the first time or second....I hope it will be at the first time.

What i want is, just me and her going to municipality building. Getting married there by signing a piece of paper and go to honeymoon.

But it impossible. No one will consent to that type of marriage.

I know, that's only the tradition. Long gone are the times when boys and girls first met each other only when their parents met!
Here too, boys and girls are usually together for months or years or at least talked to each other several times before they decide to marry or let the families meet and follow all the traditions after. For more religious family, that's not the case though.

Just be patient, it will end soon. How much time till your wedding and an end to all the prerequisites?

I know, that's only the tradition. Long gone are the times when boys and girls first met each other only when their parents met!
Here too, boys and girls are usually together for months or years or at least talked to each other several times before they decide to marry and follow all the traditions after. For more religious family, that's not the case though.
Exactly what happens in Turkey.

Just be patient, it will end soon. How much time till your wedding and an end to all the prerequisites?

Wedding will be in summer inşallah. So i have a long time ahead.:)

:lol: Lol...

Normally i'm a relaxed guy in real life.

Mate, let me tell.

Sunday we went to a jeweler first we ordered our engagement rings (which we decided earlier by looking approximately 500-600 rings). After ordering, my mom showed a bracelet to my GF, as an engagement gift. And asked her opinion. She said it is beautiful. Then mom showed another 6-7 bracelets and GF said they are all beautiful.

So we decided on the first one, since mom didn't want to bargain with the seller near my GF. We both leaved, mom went to home. Then she phoned me, and wanted to learn if my GF wants look at other jewelries. GF said, "I dunno"...

After arguing with mom both yesterday night and today. I convinced her to buy the first bracelet, as i said "This will go nowhere. If you show her another 30 bracelets, she will say all are beautiful and all are fine with her. The first one really looked on her nice. And this your first choice as this is your gift to her you should buy it." But i said this at least 10 times, in different phone calls.

And mom bought it.

Now the issue is how we are going to make "Kız isteme" if it will be both "Kız isteme" and "Engament", what if her father says"We should think a bit" and we have to go second time. We would send her clothes in the morning of "Kız isteme" as a engagement gift. But if his father doesn't consent in the first time, we will go for a second time. And it would be meaningless to send clothes....

God.....i gave GF's phone number, and said speak to her and to her mother. Don't involve me in this stuff, as i have no idea.....

God help me.

I feel sorry for you mate. It's good with women, it's good without women. The best for psychological well-being is I think to let them (gf and mom/dad) to make arrangements on their own and just to be informed about the outcome :D

I feel sorry for you mate. It's good with women, it's good without women. The best for psychological well-being is I think to let them (gf and mom/dad) to make arrangements on their own and just to be informed about the outcome :D
Yeah but i caught in the middle....

Mom says, "ask your GF this and that", GF says "ask your mom this and that" on top of it, i'm being scolded for mis-delivering the message. Though, i said contact to each other and talk things with each other, without me being in the middle. I hope things will be more smooth this way.

Exactly what happens in Turkey.

Wedding will be in summer inşallah. So i have a long time ahead.:)

Hope everything goes as planned and may God have mercy on you to endure till the summer. :D

We say in Persian, 'Inshalah khoshbakht beshid' or 'be paye ham pir beshid'. First one roughly translates to: may you both have serendipity and second one: May you both grow old together. To sum it up, my best wishes to both of you. :-)

PS: Good night, it's already 2:40 here. I should wake up early.

Last edited:
@Sinan , you're screwed mate.

Why didn't you arrange the engagement to happen the second visit, regardless wether they accept first time or not.

You're basically screwing your self right now.

@Sinan , you're screwed mate.

Why didn't you arrange the engagement to happen the second visit, regardless wether they accept first time or not.

You're basically screwing your self right now.

Why give her mother the bother... she shouldn't arrange a two huge meetings. It would be very inappropriate to ask.

Hope everything goes as planned and may God have mercy on you to endure till the summer. :D

We say in Persian, 'Inshalah khoshbakht beshid' or 'be paye ham pir beshid'. First one roughly translates to: may you both have serendipity and second one: May you both grow old together. To some it up, my best wishes to both of you. :-)

PS: Good night, it's already 2:40 here. I should wake up early.

Thanks bro, much appreciated.

I wish the same for you. :)

Why give her mother the bother... she shouldn't arrange a two huge meetings. It would be very inappropriate to ask.
Well first meeting should have been only with your mum dad brothers and sisters.
After receiving an ok at that meeting or after the meeting you would start arranging the engagement.

What if you make all the arrangement and they don't give you a definite answer?

Oh, get ready my friend. This is just the beginning. These are your easy days.
Zaman geçtikçe bugünleri arayacaksın.

@telkon cmon you can't be like zero percent Asiatic ? is there even such Krygyz ?

Not zero, but not that screaming "I'm from asia" type with slant eyes, small nose, cheekbones like mount everest, platter-like wide face :D and yes, there are kyrgyz with blue/green eyes, pale skin, red/blonde/pale hair and face like some norseman LOL

Back
Top Bottom