What's new

Çay Bahçesi

lol, i have ever done more weird , i was in istanbul during eartquake in canakkale 2 months ago , it was quite strong,and i said to myself " ok this is dooms day for istanbul " ,brough one large bottle of water,my laptop (which i typed thesis ) and my blanket,then shouted to friends to wake them up, and asked them to go,but l laid beside sofa with those things :D
they all left , i waited and earthquake stopped.
Thanks god, nothing happened in earthquake.
Lol, saving Laptop. :rofl:

Hey @rmi5 whats up? I know your lurking around here, why so quiet today? :D
:lol: Actually, I am doing simulations for my research and studying in parallel, and don't have time to write posts and engage in discussions. On the other hand, there was some interesting news about Syria, on today, and I don't wanna miss them either :D So, I decided to just lurk around and read some threads updates.

:lol: Actually, I am doing simulations for my research and studying in parallel, and don't have time to write posts and engage in discussions. On the other hand, there was some interesting news about Syria, on today, and I don't wanna miss them either :D So, I decided to just lurk around and read some threads updates.
What is it?

What is it?
It is about the capturing of Tabqa military airport by ISIS. This airport was one the biggest(maybe the biggest area wise) Syrian air base, which was the home to Syrian radars which are responsible in observing Northern Syria air space, and was the home to 24 air defense units, organized in 4 location, in that air base. Now, Assad literally has no control on the airspace of northern Syria, which borders Turkey. In addition, this airbase was the center for barrel bombing of eastern and northern Syria, and also sending help to besieged Assad forces in kweiris, Deir Az-zur, .... this airbase was one the most, probably the most, strategic air base of Assad, and capturing it was really difficult, since it is located in an open desert and encircled with minefields, and tons of helicopters, Mig-21s, tanks, and lots of soldiers were protecting it, and ISIS did not have effective air defense system. I honestly did not expect ISIS to be able to capture it in less than one week.

Now, the central Syria, including Tiyas, and Palmira air bases, and energy fields of Central Syria, and also Hama province are open to be captured by ISIS. By the way, the route which sends aid to Assad forces in Aleppo is also threatened and ISIS can cut this route and literally besiege Assad forces in Aleppo as well.

Last edited:
It is about the capturing of Tabqa military airport by ISIS. This airport was one the biggest(maybe the biggest area wise) Syrian air base, which was the home to Syrian radars which are responsible in observing Northern Syria air space, and was the home to 24 air defense units, organized in 4 location, in that air base. Now, Assad literally has no control on the airspace of northern Syria, which borders Turkey. In addition, this airbase was the center for barrel bombing of eastern and northern Syria, and also sending help to besieged Assad forces in kweiris, Deir Az-zur, .... this airbase was one the most, probably the most, strategic air base of Assad, and capturing it was really difficult, since it is located in an open desert and encircled with minefields, and tons of helicopters, Mig-21s, tanks, and lots of soldiers were protecting it, and ISIS did not have effective air defense system. I honestly did not expect ISIS to be able to capture it in less than one week.

Now, the central Syria, including Tiyas, and Palmira air bases, and energy fields of Central Syria, and also Hama province are open to be captured by ISIS. By the way, the route which sends aid to Assad forces in Aleppo is also threatened and ISIS can cut this route and literally besiege Assad forces in Aleppo as well.
This means Assad is going to have a very hard time soon, can you give me links with detailed informations about the development or any videos?

This means Assad is going to have a very hard time soon, can you give me links with detailed informations about the development or any videos?
Yup, it was a really big loss for Assad forces. ISIS usually releases a few photos after capturing each city/military base, and they publish a comprehensive report about it after a few days. So far, a few photos are released which you can see them in the "Civil Conflict in Syria" thread, but you need to wait a few days for comprehensive report including photos, videos, ...
About the developments and progresses of each forces in Syria, the most accurate source is the wikipedia map:
Template:Syrian Civil War detailed map - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yup, it was a really big loss for Assad forces. ISIS usually releases a few photos after capturing each city/military base, and they publish a comprehensive report about it after a few days. So far, a few photos are released which you can see them in the "Civil Conflict in Syria" thread, but you need to wait a few days for comprehensive report including photos, videos, ...
About the developments and progresses of each forces in Syria, the most accurate source is the wikipedia map:
Template:Syrian Civil War detailed map - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Bashar idiots couldn't even defend a base! I'm utterly disappointed, they didn't even bother to destroy the equipment! Turkey should bomb that base.

I heard YPG and FSA are joining force in Syria, what's your take on that guys?

Last edited:
Bashar idiots couldn't even defend a base! I'm utterly disappointed, they didn't even bother to destroy the equipment!
Tabqa was the easiest military base for defending. losing it in less than a week is showing that Assad forces have not much chance against ISIS in future. Assad has a huge advantage over oppositions, which is having a big air force, which its number of aircrafts and helicopters are more than Iranian army+IRGC, yet he loses wars against opposition. Another huge advantage was/is having a huge stock of tanks, AFVs, Artillery, ... which their number is about 2-3 times of all Iranian army+IRGC ground forces equipments combined, but, these huge stock has not been used properly and more than half of it are lost during these 3 years.
Turkey should bomb that base.
I don't think so. Turkey needs to negotiate with them to secure Turkmens security, other than that, ISIS is fighting Assad, and his mullah allies, and kurds, and does not fight turks.
I heard YPG and FSA are joining force in Syria, what's your take on that guys?
It does not matter much. YPG is really weak and cannot help FSA much. In addition, they were already OK with each other and were not fighting with each other. So, it is not changing anything.

Back
Top Bottom