What's new

Cargo ship developed for China's second "Tiangong-2" space lab

xhw1986

Reaction score
Country
Norway
shenzhou-10-docking-13062013-tiangong-1-11.jpg

Tiangong-1 space lab docking in 2011.

Zhang Bonan, chief designer of cargo systems with China Aerospace Science and Technology Corporation, said a cargo ship for the space laboratory that the country is building, called Tiangong-2, has been tested. The ship is likely to begin providing transportation services between the earth and astronauts working in the laboratory by 2016, reports the Chinese-language Beijing Times.

The cargo ship will be responsible for transporting rocket propellants, basic necessities and scientific equipment to the laboratory and bringing back refuse produced by astronauts, said Zhou Jianping, chief designer of the manned space program. If the trial is successful, it will be launched along with the Tiangong-2 in 2015 and travel between the Earth and the laboratory like the Shenzhou spacecraft.

The engineer has submitted a proposal to the National People's Congress and the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference to set up laws for the marine, aerospace and internet sectors. The aerospace sector needs to be regulated with clear and specific laws if it is to be commercialized, and the Chinese government cannot rely solely on administrative measures to control the sector, said Zhang.

TH11-CHINA_SPACE_804693f.jpg

Tiangong-1 space module, 2011.

Cargo ship developed for China's planned Tiangong-2 space lab|Culture|News|WantChinaTimes.com

The Chinese are doing great steps in astronautics, they are allready number 2 in this field.

Guys, these are no longer any big engineering feats. The aeronautics, metallurgy and mathematics for such missions are done and revised over decades. China is not inventing anything, they are repeating something done in the past.

I say this because here in my University I am part of an aeronautics team that builds rockets to launch small satellites in space. Its no big deal anymore to send a man in space. Any country that can build a missile to launch 3 tonne payload to a height of 1000 km accomplish it.

India is planning to send a man in space before 2020, it is just repeating something done and studied in past.

The first space missions by soviets, Americans were true engineering feats because there were innovations and records involved at every step.

Guys, these are no longer any big engineering feats. The aeronautics, metallurgy and mathematics for such missions are done and revised over decades. China is not inventing anything, they are repeating something done in the past.

I say this because here in my University I am part of an aeronautics team that builds rockets to launch small satellites in space. Its no big deal anymore to send a man in space. Any country that can build a missile to launch 3 tonne payload to a height of 1000 km accomplish it.

India is planning to send a man in space before 2020, it is just repeating something done and studied in past.

The first space missions by soviets, Americans were true engineering feats because there were innovations and records involved at every step.

Building roads and bridges are so simple that a peasant can do it. Yet, most of the developed world can't build a good enough road to save their lives.

These Chinese rockets are better than the older ones, just like Yutu is better than the older moon rover.

Are cars not better with new tech today than 10 years ago? Just because we been driving for hundred years doesn't mean cars don't get better.

If Indians went into space today it would not be on the same rocket that the Americans used, for one thing back then their TV is the size of a sofa and today, we have iPads.

A so-called "developed country" like South Korea can't even send a 100kg LEO payload rocket without the foreign help, and surely India isn't any better.

You just asked the Russians for help in your gslv technology otherwise you dont have a clue of how to lift heavier weights into orbits let alone sending a man in space!

Then why India bother to send a man to space since its repeated from the USA/USSR? A slap on your own face? :lol:

A so-called "developed country" like South Korea can't even send a 100kg LEO payload rocket without the foreign help, and surely India isn't any better.

Precisely. South Korea who buzz with many high tech domestic consumer product are struggling to build a decent rocket that can send a statelite to space. SK are flush with money yet its not so easy to master the tech.

Back
Top Bottom