What's new

Captured CST Terrorist

The conspiracy theorists who can indulge in any mental gymnastics to imagine all sorts of things, from 9/11 being an inside job to this being done to target one person, find it too convenient!

I just hope these conspiracy theorists be treated on a par with the terrorists too and extradited for special treatment.

It's not a conspiracy. I'm not suggesting anything.

I see a Kalava type thing on his wrist. I see it is orange. Facts.

I ask why he's wearing it? Why does he want to disguise himself as a religious Hindu in secular India? Muslims are allowed to roam freely.

I ask why he's wearing it? Why does he want to disguise himself as a religious Hindu in secular India? Muslims are allowed to roam freely.

He is still alive. And as per preliminary investigation he is not a Indian.

He is still alive. And as per preliminary investigation he is not a Indian.

Do you deny they MAY be torturing him at this moment to extract this information?

Or it could all just be made up, like some occasions before?

Do you deny they MAY be torturing him at this moment to extract this information?

Or it could all just be made up, like some occasions before?

See public beating him up in above few posts, He killed policemen now how does he expect kind treatment from them.

Ha ha ha, We will allow ISI to investigate him too after FBI and Scotland yard hence called preliminary.

One doesn't know what he was wearing. I know that what is worn on religious occasions is a slim thread and nothing like what he is wearing.

So unless we know what that article is, it is just conjectures. Second, if it were a conspiracy obviously that aspect would be taken care. Won't you think so? Won't he be wearing a skull cap and may be a Kaffiyah in that case?

People slam politicians; BJP leader calls them terrorists

Agencies
New Delhi: People protesting against political apathy during the Mumbai terror attack are no better than terrorists. That’s what BJP leader Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi has said.

"Some women wearing lipstick and powder have taken to streets in Mumbai and are abusing politicians spreading dissatisfaction against democracy. This is what terrorists are doing in Jammu and Kashmir," said Naqvi, the party’s national vice-president.

"These are difficult times for the nation. In times like this we should unite in our war against terror and the Pak sponsored attacks rather than waging war against the democratic institutions."

BJP spokesperson Rajiv Pratap Rudy has sought to down play Naqvi's statement and said "he did not mean to say that. His words were presented in a wrong contest. BJP does not subscribe to any such views."

People slam politicians; BJP leader calls them terrorists

One doesn't know what he was wearing. I know that what is worn on religious occasions is a slim thread and nothing like what he is wearing.

So unless we know what that article is, it is just conjectures. Second, if it were a conspiracy obviously that aspect would be taken care. Won't you think so? Won't he be wearing a skull cap and may be a Kaffiyah in that case?

Why would he wear a skull cap. You don't need to wear one with a Kalava. Some people just wear a Kalava (it appears to come in all shapes and sizes actually).

Perhaps it's not practical to wear some things.

There's also the fact he spoke Hindi.

Why would he wear a skull cap. You don't need to wear one with a Kalava. Some people just wear a Kalava (it appears to come in all shapes and sizes actually).

Perhaps it's not practical to wear some things.

There's also the fact he spoke Hindi.

If we go with the theory that he was pretending to be someone he was not then it makes sense for him to hide his own religious identity. As simple as that.

So many people started saying it was a Rakhee without knowing when it is even worn.

I think Filntoff's post this and this said it correctly. These guys just aped the fishermen to evade the naval authorities.

Hindi is too similar to Urdu. We can all understand each other and there are reports that the terrorists took training for Hindi too.

If we go with the theory that he was pretending to be someone he was not then it makes sense for him to hide his own religious identity. As simple as that.

Why would he wear a Kalava even then? 99% of India does not wear one. It's only during some ceremonies or amongst the radicals that a Hindu would wear one.

He could pass for Hindu just in that t-shirt.

So many people started saying it was a Rakhee without knowing when it is even worn.

I don't know what a Rakhi is. It's a Kalava.

I think Filntoff's post this and this said it correctly. These guys just aped the fishermen to evade the naval authorities.

why "ape" them with a Kalava? It makes no difference whether they do anything with a Kalava or not. Most Indians, even Hindu ones do not wear a Kalava in their day to day life, so what's the point?

Hindi is too similar to Urdu. We can all understand each other and there are reports that the terrorists took training for Hindi too.

Hindi is similar to Urdu, but they do have differences. A Hindi speaking cop identified their language as Hindi in a strong Punjabi accent. They speak Hindi in Indian Punjab, not in Pakistani Punjab.

Dude, RR, you have to dig deeper.

As it happens, these fishermen off the coast of Mumbai do their daily Puja to appease the weather gods. If you read the article, it clearly stated that the terrorists were trying to pass themselves off as the fishermen that they killed.

It is quite likely that among the local culture of these fishermen ( and fishing villages), it is normal to wear this thread.

The article also mentioned that the terrorists found unused sacred-thread on the fishing boat, because the fishermen tend to carry the puja-apparatus along with them to sea.

I suggest that you atleast examine the information at hand before papering over the cracks with your own presumptions.

Also regarding the Hindi/Udru confusion, a lot of Hindi words are borrowed from Urdu and vice versa. The distinction between the languages is not crisp.

A lot of "Hindi" movies are actually a mixture of hindi and urdu, or Hindustani as we call it.

Similarly, a lot of urdu words are borrowed into daily parlance.

Its hardly likely that the cop heard more than a few sentences, and its really not important whether he referred to the language as hindi or urdu.

Perhaps if the cop remembered the exact words spoken by the gunmen, it would reveal something of interest.

Let's see how well pakistan will repsond to this.

India asks for Dawood, Masood Azhar's head

India asks for Dawood, Masood Azhar's head
CNN-IBN
ENEMY IN PAKISTAN: India's most wanted criminal is hiding in neighbouring country.

New Delhi: India has asked Pakistan to hand over gangster Dawood Ibrahim and terrorist leader Maulana Masood Azhar for their suspected involvement in the Mumbai terror attack.

Dawood, India’s most wanted criminal, is suspected to have helped the LeT terrorists who attacked Mumbai on November 27.

Azhar, founder of the terrorist group Jaish-e-Mohammad, is on India's most wanted list of people it accuses of terrorism.

India freed Azhar from prison in exchange for passengers on a hijacked Indian Airlines flight in 1999.

Sources tell CNN-IBN Shahid Malik, Pakistan’s High Commissioner to India, was summoned to the External Affairs Ministry on Monday and told that ties with his country’s would suffer if India’s demands are not met.

India has shared initial findings of the investigation into the Mumbai terror attack with Pakistani authorities and threatened to hold up peace talks and confidence building measures.

After the December 2001 attack on Parliament, India had scaled down its relationship with Pakistan.

India then broke off sporting and cultural links, downgraded diplomatic relations, and launched Operation Parakaram to deploy the military all along the Pakistan border.

India has also communicated to the United States to put heat on Pakistan.

India has alleged the militants, who rampaged in Mumbai for three days and killed at least 182 people, were trained in Pakistan.

Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari has promised to act against terror groups if India gives him proof of their involvement in the Mumbai attack.

Pakistan has condemned the terrorist attack in Mumbai as a "barbaric act of terrorism" and denied any involvement by state agencies.

It has vowed to cooperate in fighting terrorism but backtracked on a decision to send the chief of its Inter-Services Intelligence to India to help with the investigation.

Why would he wear a Kalava even then? 99% of India does not wear one. It's only during some ceremonies or amongst the radicals that a Hindu would wear one.

He could pass for Hindu just in that t-shirt.

I don't know what a Rakhi is. It's a Kalava.

why "ape" them with a Kalava? It makes no difference whether they do anything with a Kalava or not. Most Indians, even Hindu ones do not wear a Kalava in their day to day life, so what's the point?

See, I don't think it was a kalava. I don't even know what a kalava is. So if you are making it an issue, you need to explain why that is an issue.

Any article that was worn by a terrorist doesn't prove anything and could be a red-herring.

Hindi is similar to Urdu, but they do have differences. A Hindi speaking cop identified their language as Hindi in a strong Punjabi accent. They speak Hindi in Indian Punjab, not in Pakistani Punjab.

I am not sure this is making sense. People don't speak Urdu in Pakistani Punjab as they speak Hindi in Indian Punjab? The reports say that they took training in Hindi. I don't think speaking a few sentences that could be deliberately designed to mislead prove anything at all.

Also, the part about 99% Indians not wearing came from which source?

I have worn one before, and I know that it is tied after the completion of a puja. It however usually breaks off within a few weeks. That's how its supposed to be used.

Nobody wears these threads like they would wear a skullcap or a christian cross.

I don't think speaking a few sentences that could be deliberately designed to mislead prove anything at all.

It was not deliberate. An Indian cop they had shot in the van they got away in, overheard them. He reported it. They spoke Hindi in a heavy Punjabi accent. They thought the cop was dead and couldn't hear them.

Back
Top Bottom