What's new

Canada (and possibly even Australia) to surpass India in 2013

The white supremacist on this board would have to believe that you are not American. I on the other hand disagree. Just want to let you know how some of your countrymen feel about nonwhites.

You are the same guy who said Indian muslims should be thrown out of India, despite them being natives while you are just Indian immigrant who cant even speak with Canadian accent even if you was born there.

India is not into recession then how come India's GDP is going to decline? India's growth rate has come down but it is still 3.5 times higher than that of Canada's ..[6.6 and 1.8 respectively]..I don't understand the logic!!

India is not into recession then how come India's GDP is going to decline?

Because of the falling value of the Rupee.

India's economy is increasing in Rupee terms, but the value of those Rupees are falling faster.

India's growth rate has come down but it is still 3.5 times higher than that of Canada's ..[6.6 and 1.8 respectively]..I don't understand the logic!!

India's latest growth rate numbers show 4.4% GDP growth.

Not 6.6%.

Canada has only 33 million people. A Trillion dollar economy is a huge achievement

I think Australia's 1.541 trillion with just 23 million is just astounding, considering most of the country is desert and only the coastline is habitable.

So, here's what the final score is looking like in the China vs. India Nominal GDP Competition 2013:

China's GDP is expected to rise by around $1 trillion, while India's GDP is expected to shrink by $84 billion.

Interestingly enough, back in 1981 India's GDP ranked as the 10th largest ($196 billion) in the world while China's GDP ranked 15th ($168 billion) for the same year.

However, by 1982 China overtook India jumping to the 8th position and never looked back ever since.

This is for my Indian neighbours. Know this and keep it in your head.

* Between 1980-1989, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 9th and the 12th position.
* Between 1990-1999, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 12th and the 16th position.
* Between 2000-2009, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 11th and the 14th position.
* Between 2010-2013, India's Nominal GDP ranking fluctuated between the 9th and the 11th position.

List of countries by past and future GDP (nominal) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Next time when a Super Power tries and tells you that you will be the new Super Power soon, take it with a pinch of salt.

WOW!

Quite incredible. Our economy grows by $1 TRILLION and Indian economy SHRINKS by $84 BILLION.

There is no China vs India comparison.

India is truly beyond a joke. What a complete laughing stock.

Excellent post btw.

Except you basal fool I was born in Canada therefore am Canadian. I don't need some autist telling me what I am or am not.

Ouch, struck a nerve there, didn't I?

I guess it just happens to be coincidental that you seem to have a personality more attune to those of your Indian bretheren than the actual Canadians.

With level of corruption increasing 'everyday', India is going to fall behind many more countries in coming years.....

I won't be surprised if countries like Bangladesh and Sri-lanka surpasses India in say 2030.......or earlier......

Canada must not sit too comfortable. Its manufacture base is not so strong. Most big factories are US funded.
Canada is the Brazil of North America, selling lumbers.
Canada is the Australia of North America, selling minerals.
Canada is the SaudiA of North America, selling oil.

When the cods were fished out, Newfoundland went broke, the whole province.
Now the sockeyes are being fished out in the Pacific coast.

When all these resources run out, we will be left to eating snow for breakfasts, lunches and dinners.

The retirement age has been extended to 67(?) from 65 because the government is running out of money to support us old folks.

The main reason why Canada is doing so well is because China's consumption of raw material, propping up its economy.

The only bright spot is the effect of climate change/global warming. The Prairies will have longer growing seasons which means more yield in wheat, soy, corns. By then, most of us will be farmers.

I talked with an old engineer from AECL a few years back. He said that another reason they are extending the retirement is because they have less young engineers to take over the work. The requirements to become an engineer in Canada is strict and very bureaucratic. This is not helped by the fact that a lot of promising Canadian engineers will go look for work in US. Both factors contribute to reduce the number of available new blood.

^^^ I was an engineer myself. I think most engineers at 65 or older have passed their prime.

In the good old days, having experience (usually being older) was important, but in today's fast changing world, young bloods are more productive than old woods.

So I think retaining old engineers by extending the retirement age is a good argument.

It's better not to talk about what may or may not happen.

No one can tell the future. India's sudden growth after 2003 and the recent sudden slowdown make that very clear.

I think Australia's 1.541 trillion with just 23 million is just astounding, considering most of the country is desert and only the coastline is habitable.

Large swathes of this country is ugly reddish brown but thee is also much beauty here. The resource wealth is
Rediculous! If only Zheng He used his fleet to colonies this country instead of fooking around in Mecca.

Back
Top Bottom