What's new

Has Bangladesh Really Left India and Pakistan Behind in Per Capita Income?

With regards to "infaarmal" economy, there's a reason it's never mentioned on any serious economic discussion by any serious economists. Foreign companies don't give a sh*t about your infaaarmal economy. They don't weigh their investment decisions on it. If that was the case, Vietnam (which according to the theories presented here, is actually POORER than Pakistan, cuz infaarmal economy innit) wouldn't suck up FDI like a black hole like it does. And Pakistan needing to suck up foreign aid and bailout money, almost on a periodic basis.

Let me give a (metallurgical) example

I think Bilal bhai once showed an example of a "thriving" Pakistani informal industry. The one, in particular made cast-iron brake discs for Toyota corollas. I use this example because it's an industry i know quite well.

Judging by the foundry presented (
), It's immediately apparent why it's an "informal" sector judging by how horrendously archaic it is. Compared to my high-tech automated cast-iron disc brake production line, this is cringy AF, from a metallurgical perspective alone (forget productivity, I can make 700 high-quality disc brakes for VW in an hour, for example). Literally no thermal control over the pouring & solidification of the cast iron. Where's the inoculation???!!??? Use of manual and inconsistent pouring. Use of gas-furnaces, doubt you'll get a very good dissolution of alloying elements (silicon, carbon, magnesium, copper, tin, molybdenum if they even have access to some of those) as you do with medium frequency induction furnaces. The surrounding itself presents multiple contamination opportunities within the cast iron. And the sand mold themselves have questionable integrity. I doubt they perform permeability or compressibility tests on them.

Once the casting is finished and machined, you won't be able to tell any difference between a Waqas Bro foundry brake disc, and one made by Brembo or Nissin. They'll look identical on a macro-level. But inspect them under Xray Diffraction, SEM, EDX spectroscopy, you'll see many Fe-C carbides in the microstructure. I'm almost certain they produced many carbides in the Grey-iron, judging by the solidification conditions (please don't tell me Halal hands can magically produce 100% halal, defect-free castings). It's questionable how they designed their runner/feed systems in the molds. I don't think they even have them, bc the brake disc castings appear to be orientated horizontally (not bottom feeding vertical ones used in REAL industries). I doubt they used CAD/CFD to optimize it for best flow performance, in order to avoid gaseous porosity defects and metallurgical shrinkage. Oh, and no inocculation. Expect very little graphite flakes (the whole point of grey-iron, they dissipate heat, useful for brakes) present in the microstructure. Also expect a lot of shrinkage defects from the lack of inoculation, lots of micro (even macroscopic) holes in your cast metal beneath the surface.

So it may satisfy a cheapskate from Lahore who wants a cheap brake disc replacement for his Corolla. But it'll just about fail every safety & quality standard ever devised by humans anywhere. "Chalta he" mentality will only get you so far. You'll get a working brake for sure. It might just about get you around downtown Lahore, for a while. But it's not something i'm willing to risk my life with. So you may meet the quality standards of local cheapskates, but car manufacturers and OEM's around the world (Brembo, Nissin, Bosch, Ferrado,, etc etc) aren't lining up to invest in "halal hands" foundry. They go to Industrial countries instead. You're stuck with your local cheapskates, which is a tiny market. While that will have some economic impact on your country, it won't have 1/100th of the impact of an actual formal industry, that makes parts using SCIENCE and ENGINEERING, and not treat it as a "chalta he" artform.

You can be bold and be the world's first infaaarmal-based economy and see where that gets you. But I doubt your policymakers are that stupid. Everyone strives to have more formal sectors, because they have much more economic weight behind them.

Last edited:
Auto sales in Pakistan for the year 2020-21 (Including PAMA and Non PAMA members)......... 238,000 units
Bike sales in Pakistan for the year 2019...........2.4 million units

Automobiles registered/sales in Bangladesh for the whole year of 2020...........20,093 units
Bikes sales in Bangladesh for year 2019.....500,000 units

There's logistical problems to owning your personal car in bdesh, some for those who can afford to buy a car choose to do. I think some are put off buying a car to those who can afford one as the car will be damaged during floods.

Also hired personal transport is readily accessible in almost all places.

Bikes are easier to store.

When comparing with India, it's not that surprising when you think about it.

Because on the surface, India does have immense industrial firepower. It has one of the largest locomotive works on earth. It has Tata steel, ISRO, DRDO, blah blah blah. Bangladesh has non of that. It overtook India's per capita income by stitching underwear and socks. I can understand why people find that unbelievable, but please think for a second.

India's growth for the last 40 years has been top-down. This means the newest wealth that was generated or poured into the country has been through the creation of relatively higher-paying jobs in the service industry, and then high-tech manufacturing. If you look at the bottom 50% of the country, their income (relative to inflation) has barely gone up for the last 20 years. While the top 10% has skyrocketed.

India has a much worse urban-to-rural divide than Bangladesh. Bangladesh has the densest road network in S-Asia. They're not glamorous roads, but they made the urban-to-rural divide into an urban-to-rural continuity much more effectively than India and Pakistan (it's even worse in Pak, partially down to your fuedals).

So the wealth generated through globalization etc only benefited a tiny fraction of Indian society.

As an example, if 100 crore of foreign money enters India, it'll most likely go to paying 1000 software engineers/tech folks in Indiia. Whereas in Bangladesh, that money would end up in 50,000 textile workers, or factory workers.

That 50,000 workers create much more GDP growth compared to 1000 higher-paid IT coolies. This is because GDP is a measure of economic activity. The economic activity generated by 50,000 Bangladeshi workers, who'll use the money to buy cloaths, milk, beef, toilet paper (hehe), is substantially higher than the 1000 coolies buying a new smartphone or whatever.

If you have 1 lak right now, you create far more economic activity handing it out to 10 poor families who will use it to buy essentials by supporting local businesses, than 1 to a rich person. And this has been the formula for Bangladesh's economic development until now.

As Dr. Yunus once said, the poor are the engine of the economy (within the context of a developing country).

When Bangladesh finally industrialized, which it's trying hard to do right now, it will be set on a much firmer foundation than the half-arsed approach taken up by India. Because India tried to transition from a rural agrarian economy to a service and advanced manufacturing one immediately. As usual, India studies all the economic models used around the world and picks the WORST aspects out of all of them.

If Bangladesh overtook India's per capita income based on stitching underwear and dysfunctional infrastructure, it'll be interesting to see how she develops when she finally has the infrastructure she badly needed, along with higher-end industries. Because we have a bottom-up development model, which is fundamentally different from India's. Coupled with our riverine terrain, allowing easy shipping access from centers of manufacturing (which, thanks to our geography can be set up almost anywhere), Bangladesh has the potential to be a real economic tiger. What we currently lack is descent centralized planning and institutional muscle/integrity. I'd go as far to say our institutions are much more hole-prone, less accountable than Indian ones. But let's see where we go. Economic competition is only a positive

Last edited:
When comparing with India, it's not that surprising when you think about it.

Because on the surface, India does have immense industrial firepower. It has one of the largest locomotive works on earth. It has Tata steel, ISRO, DRDO, blah blah blah. Bangladesh has non of that. It overtook India's per capita income by stitching underwear and socks. I can understand why people find that unbelievable, but please think for a second.

India's growth for the last 40 years has been top-down. This means the newest wealth that was generated or poured into the country has been through the creation of relatively higher-paying jobs in the service industry, and then high-tech manufacturing. If you look at the bottom 50% of the country, their income (relative to inflation) has barely gone up for the last 20 years. While the top 10% has skyrocketed.

India has a much worse urban-to-rural divide than Bangladesh. Bangladesh has the densest road network in S-Asia. They're not glamorous roads, but they made the urban-to-rural divide into an urban-to-rural continuity much more effectively than India and Pakistan (it's even worse in Pak, partially down to your fuedals).

So the wealth generated through globalization etc only benefited a tiny fraction of Indian society.

As an example, if 100 crore of foreign money enters India, it'll most likely go to paying 1000 software engineers/tech folks in Indiia. Whereas in Bangladesh, that money would end up in 50,000 textile workers, or factory workers.

That 50,000 workers create much more GDP growth compared to 1000 higher-paid IT coolies. This is because GDP is a measure of economic activity. The economic activity generated by 50,000 Bangladeshi workers, who'll use the money to buy cloaths, milk, beef, toilet paper (hehe), is substantially higher than the 1000 coolies buying a new smartphone or whatever.

If you have 1 lak right now, you create far more economic activity handing it out to 10 poor families who will use it to buy essentials by supporting local businesses, than 1 to a rich person. And this has been the formula for Bangladesh's economic development until now.

As Dr. Yunus once said, the poor are the engine of the economy (within the context of a developing country).

When Bangladesh finally industrialized, which it's trying hard to do right now, it will be set on a much firmer foundation than the half-arsed approach taken up by India. Because India tried to transition from a rural agrarian economy to a service and advanced manufacturing one immediately. As usual, India studies all the economic models used around the world and picks the WORST aspects out of all of them.

If Bangladesh overtook India's per capita income based on stitching underwear and dysfunctional infrastructure, it'll be interesting to see how she develops when she finally has the infrastructure she badly needed, along with higher-end industries. Because we have a bottom-up development model, which is fundamentally different from India's. Coupled with our riverine terrain, allowing easy shipping access from centers of manufacturing (which, thanks to our geography can be set up almost anywhere), Bangladesh has the potential to be a real economic tiger. What we currently lack is descent centralized planning and institutional muscle/integrity. I'd go as far to say our institutions are much more hole-prone, less accountable than Indian ones. But let's see where we go. Economic competition is only a positive
you are writing essays but never responded to any of the Indians and now Pakistani point of consumer data
Going by your posting history you have a special hatred for "Punjabis" (this is what they call Pakistanis in Bangladesh) so I wont even bring their consumer data as you'll go bat shit crazy
So ill share your Indian brothers pov in terms of consumer data (I have my views on it that I shared and I don't agree with it but since you are a character you should respond to this lack of consumerism per capita that Indians bring up especially @SMX 3.0 is going around your forums bringing up these points) - you should respond to this
cause this is the point Indians bring up
I have no issues with Bangladesh but racist, idiots like you annoy the hell outta me

There is a lot of conversation and claims going around the news that Bangladesh is now richer than India because it’s GDP Per capita has allegedly overtaken India’s as per some “news reports”, let’s analyse the truth behind these claims.

What is GDP Per capita?
Per capita gross domestic product (GDP: GDP stands for “Gross Domestic Product” and represents the total monetary value of all final goods and services produced (and sold on the market) within a country during a period of time like quarterly or annual. GDP is the most commonly used measure of economic activity.) is a metric that breaks down a country’s economic output per person and is calculated by dividing the GDP of a country by its population.

How am I going to analyse these claims
I am going to analyse these claims on basis of economic data of various fields and how much does an average Indian and a Bangladeshi consume in a year as it is what causes economic activity and it will be divided into many sectors.

Let’s Go!
Firstly, if Bangladesh is richer than India then it’s wealth should be more than India’s. Here we’ll multiply Bangladeshi stats with 8.38282208589 (ratio of India/Bangladesh population) at various occasions so that the figures can be compared one on one.

Total Wealth
If Bangladesh is richer than India, then it’s wealth should obviously be more than India.

Wealth of India: $12.833 Trillion

Wealth of Bangladesh: $0.831 Trillion x 8.38282208589 = $6.96 Trillion

(Source)

If wealth is almost half of India then how is their per capita GDP more than India?

Fun Fact: The city of Mumbai alone has more wealth ($950 bn in 2018) than the country of Bangladesh ($831 bn in 2021)(Source).

Railway
Indian Railway’s annual revenue: $28 Billion (Source)

Bangladesh Railway’s annual revenue: $94.4 Million (300 times less than India) (Source)

Indian Railways Annual Passengers and Freight carried: In the fiscal year ending March 2020, Indian Railways carried 808.6 crore (8.086 billion) passengers and transported 121.23 crore (1.2123 billion) tonnes of freight.

(Source)

BD Railways Annual Passengers and Freight carried: 90.05 million passengers (90 times less than India) and 4.55 million tonnes of freight (300 times less than India).

1*4KrbjeFZqNyYTBEoVp_nWg.png

1*nOM_9wmhaKDP35MDQI_ZUQ.png

(Source)

Question arises that if Bangladeshis are richer than Indians and Bangladesh’s economic activity is more than India then why is their number of passengers, freight load and annual revenue so miniscule in comparison to Indian Railways?

Aviation
Indian airline passengers annually: 167,499, 116 (28 times more than BD)

Bangladeshi airline passengers annually: 5,959,126

(Source)

Indian Aviation freight carriage (million ton-km): 1938.233

BD Aviation freight carriage (million ton-km): 83.376 (23.3 times less than India)

(Source)

If Bangladeshis are so rich and they aren’t travelling more than Indians on train then they must be travelling by air more right?

Trade
Let’s have a look at their export import data as well, as a Bangladeshi can argue that most of their economy is export oriented and consumption is import based and hence their GDP per capita is more than India but it doesn’t reflect in data like travel, electricity consumption, automobiles sales etc.

Bangladeshi Exports: $44.96 Billion x 8.38282208589 = $376.89 Billion
Bangladeshi Imports: $64.23 Billion x 8.38282208589 = $538.43 Billion

(Source)

Indian Exports: $546.03 Billion
Indian Imports: $619.43 Billion

(Source)

The data (2019) includes overall imports and exports of merchandise, services, etc.

So if Bangladesh’s economy is booming and they are richer than Indians why is it so that their exports and imports are less than India?

Automobile Sector
A. Annual car sales in Bangladesh: 2,598 (2020)(Source)

Annual car sales in India: 2,858,011 (2020)(Source) (1,100 times more than Bangladesh!).

B. Annual 2 wheeler sales in BD: 5,49,000 (2019)(Source)

Annual 2 wheeler sales in India: 2,18,00,000 (2019)(Source) (40 times more than Bangladesh)

C. Annual commercial vehicle sales in BD: 1,900 (2019)(Source)

Annual commercial vehicle sales in India: 8,54,743 (2019)(Source)(450 times more than Bangladesh).

Internet Subscriptions
4G users in BD: 21.5 Million (2019)(Source) x 8.38282208589 = 180 Million
4G users in India: 680 Million (2020)(Source) (Far more users than BD)

If Bangladeshis are richer than Indians then how are their number of 4G users so low?

Electricity Consumption
If Bangladesh’s economic activity is more than India and their people are using more electricity than India due to which it’s GDP per capita is more than India, their electricity consumption multiplied by 8.38282208589 should also be more than India.

BD annual electricity consumption: 70,594 x 8.38282208589 = 5,91,776

India annual electricity consumption: 15,47,000

(GW-hour/year)(Source)

Which means that Indians consume more than twice the amount of electricity than Bangladeshis, which punctures their tall claims of economic prosperity and higher per capita GDP here only.

Foreign Direct Investment
An increase in FDI may be associated with improved economic growth due to the influx of capital and increased tax revenues for the host country. Besides, the trade regime of the host country is named as an important factor for the investor’s decision-making.

Hence a country receiving more FDI must have better economic indicators and will ensure more growth and any booming economy which BD claims to be should receive more FDI.

Annual FDI BD: $2.56 Billion (2020)(Source) x 8.38282208589 = $21.5 Billion

Annual FDI India: $82 Billion (2020)(Source) (More than 32 times BD in absolute value and more than 4 times BD in per capita)

Hence how do they even claim to be a booming economy if foreign direct investment is peanuts?

Smartphones sales
Annual smartphone sales in BD: 6.82 Million (Source) x 8.38282208589 = 57.17 Million (22 times less than India in absolute value and 2.62 times less than India in per capita terms)(2020) (Average cost of smartphones purchased in BD = $99 *)

Annual smartphone sales in India: 150 million (Source)(2020) (Average cost of smartphones sold in India = $170 *)

Electronics
Though there is no data for annual sales of electronics, the market of electronic products in Bangladesh is about $3 billion (IT Electronics and consumer electronics added and combined) (2017)(Source 1&2) compared to India’s $118 Billion (2019)(Source) (Possibility of error in this segment) which is 40 times more than Bangladesh.

Why is this so if their GDP per capita is more than India?

Domestic Textiles Market
India: $100 Billion (2018)(Source)(34 times more than BD)

Bangladesh: 250 Billion Taka (2.95 Billion US Dollars in current prices)(2019)(Source)

I seriously want to laugh now!

Real Estate
Indian Market: $200 Billion (Source)(2021)(11.2 times more than BD/1.33 times more per capita)

Bangladesh Market: $17.86 Billion (Source)(2021)(Current Prices conversion of 1544 bn taka)

Market Capistalisation
Market capitalization (also known as market value) is the share price times the number of shares outstanding. Listed domestic companies are the domestically incorporated companies listed on the country’s stock exchanges at the end of the year. Listed companies does not include investment companies, mutual funds, or other collective investment vehicles.

India’s Market Cap: $3.46 Trillion (Source)

BD’s Market Cap: $89.77 Billion x 8.38282208589 = $754.45 Billion (times less than India)(Source)

Household Consumption (PPP)
Household consumption is an important factor in knowing who’s spends more and who does not, because this happens in domestic currency hence we’ll use the PPP because if a Burger costs X in India, it will not cost the same in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh: $573.583 Billion x 8.38282208589 = 4.808 Trillion
India: $5.456 Trillion

(Source)

Steel Consumption (Per Capita)
India: 74.1 kg (Source)(2021)

BD: 45kg (Source)(2019)

Cement Consumption (Per Capita)
India: 235 kg (2019) (Source)

BD: 187 kg (2020) (Source)

Tourism
Tourism plays an important and a big role in a nation’s economy, the more the number of people visit, the more they spend and the more they contribute to the country’s GDP.

Foreign Tourist Arrivals in Bangladesh: 3,23,000 (Source)(2019)

Foreign Tourist Arrivals in India: 1,09,30,000 (Source)(2019)(34 times more than Bangladesh)

Other Important Factors
  1. Infrastructure: Bangladesh’s infrastructure is not at par with India, it reflects in the Logistics Based Performance Index of both countries. (Source)
1*7rX5UmoNnfegwaY31nryhA.png

Logistics based Performance Index by World Bank
2. The Economic Complexity Index (ECI) is a holistic measure of the productive capabilities of large economic systems, usually cities, regions, or countries. In particular, the ECI looks to explain the knowledge accumulated in a population and that is expressed in the economic activities present in a city, country, or region. To achieve this goal, the ECI defines the knowledge available in a location, as the average knowledge of the activities present in it, and the knowledge of an activity as the average knowledge of the places where that economic activity is conducted. The product equivalent of the Economic Complexity Index is the Product Complexity Index or PCI.

Higher economic complexity as compared to country’s income level drives economic development. Many low-income countries, including Bangladesh, Venezuela, and Angola have failed to diversify their knowhow and face low growth prospects. Others like India, Turkey, and the Philippines have successfully added productive capabilities to enter new sectors and will drive growth over the coming years. (Source)

1*fSpVcZD9UKm-kf90f84M2g.png

India impoved it’s economic diversification index while Bangladesh deteriorated it’s economic diversification, (Source)
3. Innovation: The Global Innovation Index (GII) is an annual ranking of countries by their capacity for, and success in, innovation. The GII is computed by taking a simple average of the scores in two sub-indices, the Innovation Input Index and Innovation Output Index, which are composed of five and two pillars respectively. Each of these pillars describe an attribute of innovation, and comprise up to five indicators, and their score is calculated by the weighted average method.

India ranks 48 while Bangladesh ranks 116 in the index (Source)

The Bloomberg Innovation Index is an annual ranking of how innovative countries are. It is based on six criteria: research and development, manufacturing, high-tech companies, post-secondary education, research personnel, and patents. Bloomberg uses data from the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the World Intellectual Property Organization, the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the OECD and UNESCO to compile the ranking.

India ranks 50 and is constantly improving YoY while Bangladesh has no mention (Source)

4. R&D Spending

India spent 58 Billion USD on R&D, Bangladesh spent evenless than peanuts (Source)(Source), infact the amount of scientific papers Bangladesh’s neighbouring country India published during 1996–2017 is a thousand times higher than BD (Quoted from Source).

Bangladesh’s R&D spending is so low that it’s data is not even available, allegedly less than even $50 Million which is less than even peanuts.

5. Ease of doing business: A high ease of doing business ranking means the regulatory environment is more conducive to the starting and operation of a local firm, the index is released by The World Bank.

1*whNG7H7s6nKzqBjEix9xbA.png

What kind of economic prosperity one can claim when doing business is a nightmare? (Source)
India’s Ease of Doing Business ranking is 63, whereas for BD it’s 168.

Corruption
1*9sroxtNB2GJGTgCqkAQzNA.png

The less said the better, and BD claims higher GDP per capita, no wonder their data might also be severely fudged.

Failed States Index
The list aims to assess states’ vulnerability to conflict or collapse, ranking all sovereign states with membership in the United Nations where there is enough data available for analysis.

1*asyHlEAQ9EslyWt8NOd0LQ.png

Conclusion
So, Bangladeshis are “richer than India” due to “higher GDP per capita” but travel less on trains, travel less on flights, have half the wealth of India, have electricity consumption less than half of India, Bangladeshis buy less automobiles, Bangladeshis have less household consumption, Bangladeshis don’t spend on 4G subscriptions, have poor ease of doing business, and no R&D whatsoever, has a single sector dependent economy (textiles), Bangladeshis import and export less than India, spend less on electronics and on garments, have peanut Foreign Direct Investments, and Bangladeshis don’t invest in stock markets as much as Indians reflecting small market cap, consume less cement and steel and tourism is peanuts in comparison to India, so where the hell are they spending their money due to which their “economy is booming, and GDP grew so much that it has overtaken India”.

I didn’t further break sector wise data regarding economic outputs because then article would have taken more time and would have stretched a lot, but you can anyways search about it on the internet and compare both nations in output of sectors like Pharmaceutical production, industrial outputs, etc.

Will discuss how is Bangladesh’s GDP data is inaccurate and fudged in some other article.

Rural Urban devide in this 300 man village, very very poor villages

Last edited:
With regards to "infaarmal" economy, there's a reason it's never mentioned on any serious economic discussion by any serious economists. Foreign companies don't give a sh*t about your infaaarmal economy. They don't weigh their investment decisions on it. If that was the case, Vietnam (which according to the theories presented here, is actually POORER than Pakistan, cuz infaarmal economy innit) wouldn't suck up FDI like a black hole like it does. And Pakistan needing to suck up foreign aid and bailout money, almost on a periodic basis.

Let me give a (metallurgical) example

I think Bilal bhai once showed an example of a "thriving" Pakistani informal industry. The one, in particular made cast-iron brake discs for Toyota corollas. I use this example because it's an industry i know quite well.

Judging by the foundry presented (
), It's immediately apparent why it's an "informal" sector judging by how horrendously archaic it is. Compared to my high-tech automated cast-iron disc brake production line, this is cringy AF, from a metallurgical perspective alone (forget productivity, I can make 700 high-quality disc brakes for VW in an hour, for example). Literally no thermal control over the pouring & solidification of the cast iron. Where's the inoculation???!!??? Use of manual and inconsistent pouring. Use of gas-furnaces, doubt you'll get a very good dissolution of alloying elements (silicon, carbon, magnesium, copper, tin, molybdenum if they even have access to some of those) as you do with medium frequency induction furnaces. The surrounding itself presents multiple contamination opportunities within the cast iron. And the sand mold themselves have questionable integrity. I doubt they perform permeability or compressibility tests on them.

Once the casting is finished and machined, you won't be able to tell any difference between a Waqas Bro foundry brake disc, and one made by Brembo or Nissin. They'll look identical on a macro-level. But inspect them under Xray Diffraction, SEM, EDX spectroscopy, you'll see many Fe-C carbides in the microstructure. I'm almost certain they produced many carbides in the Grey-iron, judging by the solidification conditions (please don't tell me Halal hands can magically produce 100% halal, defect-free castings). It's questionable how they designed their runner/feed systems in the molds. I don't think they even have them, bc the brake disc castings appear to be orientated horizontally (not bottom feeding vertical ones used in REAL industries). I doubt they used CAD/CFD to optimize it for best flow performance, in order to avoid gaseous porosity defects and metallurgical shrinkage. Oh, and no inocculation. Expect very little graphite flakes (the whole point of grey-iron, they dissipate heat, useful for brakes) present in the microstructure. Also expect a lot of shrinkage defects from the lack of inoculation, lots of micro (even macroscopic) holes in your cast metal beneath the surface.

So it may satisfy a cheapskate from Lahore who wants a cheap brake disc replacement for his Corolla. But it'll just about fail every safety & quality standard ever devised by humans anywhere. "Chalta he" mentality will only get you so far. You'll get a working brake for sure. It might just about get you around downtown Lahore, for a while. But it's not something i'm willing to risk my life with. So you may meet the quality standards of local cheapskates, but car manufacturers and OEM's around the world (Brembo, Nissin, Bosch, Ferrado,, etc etc) aren't lining up to invest in "halal hands" foundry. They go to Industrial countries instead. You're stuck with your local cheapskates, which is a tiny market. While that will have some economic impact on your country, it won't have 1/100th of the impact of an actual formal industry, that makes parts using SCIENCE and ENGINEERING, and not treat it as a "chalta he" artform.

You can be bold and be the world's first infaaarmal-based economy and see where that gets you. But I doubt your policymakers are that stupid. Everyone strives to have more formal sectors, because they have much more economic weight behind them.

Bhai - there is absolutely no need to be so harsh. I think when you say these things, they risk being selective.

What I posted as one example of informal industry which goes to show the amount of resourcefulness in Pakistan in absence of large investments.

However - that is not something that represents all Pakistani industrial scenario at all.

There are superior ultra-modern industrial operations in Pakistan too, many of which I did not highlight and some of which other Pakistani brothers did.

The point is - we do not know.

I - for one, was just showing the state of resourcefulness in small scale industry Pakistan (Gujranwalla area), which I'd say we lack in most of Bangladesh (Except Dholaikhal/Jinjira in Dhaka and Rangpur/Saidpur areas).

Any investor can bring a hundred million dollars as loan and invest in machinery to have world class manufacturing anywhere. But it takes something very special to have almost nothing as resource (except your own two hands and skills) and make workable things out of scrap for Mehnati workaday folks who can't afford expensive things.

you are writing essays but never responded to any of the Indians and now Pakistani point of consumer data
Going by your posting history you have a special hatred for "Punjabis" (this is what they call Pakistanis in Bangladesh) so I wont even bring their consumer data as you'll go bat shit crazy
So ill share your Indian brothers pov in terms of consumer data (I have my views on it that I shared and I don't agree with it but since you are a character you should respond to this lack of consumerism per capita that Indians bring up especially @SMX 3.0 is going around your forums bringing up these points) - you should respond to this
cause this is the point Indians bring up
I have no issues with Bangladesh but racist, idiots like you annoy the hell outta me

There is a lot of conversation and claims going around the news that Bangladesh is now richer than India because it’s GDP Per capita has allegedly overtaken India’s as per some “news reports”, let’s analyse the truth behind these claims.

What is GDP Per capita?
Per capita gross domestic product (GDP: GDP stands for “Gross Domestic Product” and represents the total monetary value of all final goods and services produced (and sold on the market) within a country during a period of time like quarterly or annual. GDP is the most commonly used measure of economic activity.) is a metric that breaks down a country’s economic output per person and is calculated by dividing the GDP of a country by its population.

How am I going to analyse these claims
I am going to analyse these claims on basis of economic data of various fields and how much does an average Indian and a Bangladeshi consume in a year as it is what causes economic activity and it will be divided into many sectors.

Let’s Go!
Firstly, if Bangladesh is richer than India then it’s wealth should be more than India’s. Here we’ll multiply Bangladeshi stats with 8.38282208589 (ratio of India/Bangladesh population) at various occasions so that the figures can be compared one on one.

Total Wealth
If Bangladesh is richer than India, then it’s wealth should obviously be more than India.

Wealth of India: $12.833 Trillion

Wealth of Bangladesh: $0.831 Trillion x 8.38282208589 = $6.96 Trillion

(Source)

If wealth is almost half of India then how is their per capita GDP more than India?

Fun Fact: The city of Mumbai alone has more wealth ($950 bn in 2018) than the country of Bangladesh ($831 bn in 2021)(Source).

Railway
Indian Railway’s annual revenue: $28 Billion (Source)

Bangladesh Railway’s annual revenue: $94.4 Million (300 times less than India) (Source)

Indian Railways Annual Passengers and Freight carried: In the fiscal year ending March 2020, Indian Railways carried 808.6 crore (8.086 billion) passengers and transported 121.23 crore (1.2123 billion) tonnes of freight.

(Source)

BD Railways Annual Passengers and Freight carried: 90.05 million passengers (90 times less than India) and 4.55 million tonnes of freight (300 times less than India).

(Source)

Question arises that if Bangladeshis are richer than Indians and Bangladesh’s economic activity is more than India then why is their number of passengers, freight load and annual revenue so miniscule in comparison to Indian Railways?

Aviation
Indian airline passengers annually: 167,499, 116 (28 times more than BD)

Bangladeshi airline passengers annually: 5,959,126

(Source)

Indian Aviation freight carriage (million ton-km): 1938.233

BD Aviation freight carriage (million ton-km): 83.376 (23.3 times less than India)

(Source)

If Bangladeshis are so rich and they aren’t travelling more than Indians on train then they must be travelling by air more right?

Trade
Let’s have a look at their export import data as well, as a Bangladeshi can argue that most of their economy is export oriented and consumption is import based and hence their GDP per capita is more than India but it doesn’t reflect in data like travel, electricity consumption, automobiles sales etc.

Bangladeshi Exports: $44.96 Billion x 8.38282208589 = $376.89 Billion
Bangladeshi Imports: $64.23 Billion x 8.38282208589 = $538.43 Billion

(Source)

Indian Exports: $546.03 Billion
Indian Imports: $619.43 Billion

(Source)

The data (2019) includes overall imports and exports of merchandise, services, etc.

So if Bangladesh’s economy is booming and they are richer than Indians why is it so that their exports and imports are less than India?

Automobile Sector
A. Annual car sales in Bangladesh: 2,598 (2020)(Source)

Annual car sales in India: 2,858,011 (2020)(Source) (1,100 times more than Bangladesh!).

B. Annual 2 wheeler sales in BD: 5,49,000 (2019)(Source)

Annual 2 wheeler sales in India: 2,18,00,000 (2019)(Source) (40 times more than Bangladesh)

C. Annual commercial vehicle sales in BD: 1,900 (2019)(Source)

Annual commercial vehicle sales in India: 8,54,743 (2019)(Source)(450 times more than Bangladesh).

Internet Subscriptions
4G users in BD: 21.5 Million (2019)(Source) x 8.38282208589 = 180 Million
4G users in India: 680 Million (2020)(Source) (Far more users than BD)

If Bangladeshis are richer than Indians then how are their number of 4G users so low?

Electricity Consumption
If Bangladesh’s economic activity is more than India and their people are using more electricity than India due to which it’s GDP per capita is more than India, their electricity consumption multiplied by 8.38282208589 should also be more than India.

BD annual electricity consumption: 70,594 x 8.38282208589 = 5,91,776

India annual electricity consumption: 15,47,000

(GW-hour/year)(Source)

Which means that Indians consume more than twice the amount of electricity than Bangladeshis, which punctures their tall claims of economic prosperity and higher per capita GDP here only.

Foreign Direct Investment
An increase in FDI may be associated with improved economic growth due to the influx of capital and increased tax revenues for the host country. Besides, the trade regime of the host country is named as an important factor for the investor’s decision-making.

Hence a country receiving more FDI must have better economic indicators and will ensure more growth and any booming economy which BD claims to be should receive more FDI.

Annual FDI BD: $2.56 Billion (2020)(Source) x 8.38282208589 = $21.5 Billion

Annual FDI India: $82 Billion (2020)(Source) (More than 32 times BD in absolute value and more than 4 times BD in per capita)

Hence how do they even claim to be a booming economy if foreign direct investment is peanuts?

Smartphones sales
Annual smartphone sales in BD: 6.82 Million (Source) x 8.38282208589 = 57.17 Million (22 times less than India in absolute value and 2.62 times less than India in per capita terms)(2020) (Average cost of smartphones purchased in BD = $99 *)

Annual smartphone sales in India: 150 million (Source)(2020) (Average cost of smartphones sold in India = $170 *)

Electronics
Though there is no data for annual sales of electronics, the market of electronic products in Bangladesh is about $3 billion (IT Electronics and consumer electronics added and combined) (2017)(Source 1&2) compared to India’s $118 Billion (2019)(Source) (Possibility of error in this segment) which is 40 times more than Bangladesh.

Why is this so if their GDP per capita is more than India?

Domestic Textiles Market
India: $100 Billion (2018)(Source)(34 times more than BD)

Bangladesh: 250 Billion Taka (2.95 Billion US Dollars in current prices)(2019)(Source)

I seriously want to laugh now!

Real Estate
Indian Market: $200 Billion (Source)(2021)(11.2 times more than BD/1.33 times more per capita)

Bangladesh Market: $17.86 Billion (Source)(2021)(Current Prices conversion of 1544 bn taka)

Market Capistalisation
Market capitalization (also known as market value) is the share price times the number of shares outstanding. Listed domestic companies are the domestically incorporated companies listed on the country’s stock exchanges at the end of the year. Listed companies does not include investment companies, mutual funds, or other collective investment vehicles.

India’s Market Cap: $3.46 Trillion (Source)

BD’s Market Cap: $89.77 Billion x 8.38282208589 = $754.45 Billion (times less than India)(Source)

Household Consumption (PPP)
Household consumption is an important factor in knowing who’s spends more and who does not, because this happens in domestic currency hence we’ll use the PPP because if a Burger costs X in India, it will not cost the same in Bangladesh.

Bangladesh: $573.583 Billion x 8.38282208589 = 4.808 Trillion
India: $5.456 Trillion

(Source)

Steel Consumption (Per Capita)
India: 74.1 kg (Source)(2021)

BD: 45kg (Source)(2019)

Cement Consumption (Per Capita)
India: 235 kg (2019) (Source)

BD: 187 kg (2020) (Source)

Tourism
Tourism plays an important and a big role in a nation’s economy, the more the number of people visit, the more they spend and the more they contribute to the country’s GDP.

Foreign Tourist Arrivals in Bangladesh: 3,23,000 (Source)(2019)

Foreign Tourist Arrivals in India: 1,09,30,000 (Source)(2019)(34 times more than Bangladesh)

Other Important Factors
  1. Infrastructure: Bangladesh’s infrastructure is not at par with India, it reflects in the Logistics Based Performance Index of both countries. (Source)

Logistics based Performance Index by World Bank
2. The Economic Complexity Index (ECI) is a holistic measure of the productive capabilities of large economic systems, usually cities, regions, or countries. In particular, the ECI looks to explain the knowledge accumulated in a population and that is expressed in the economic activities present in a city, country, or region. To achieve this goal, the ECI defines the knowledge available in a location, as the average knowledge of the activities present in it, and the knowledge of an activity as the average knowledge of the places where that economic activity is conducted. The product equivalent of the Economic Complexity Index is the Product Complexity Index or PCI.

Higher economic complexity as compared to country’s income level drives economic development. Many low-income countries, including Bangladesh, Venezuela, and Angola have failed to diversify their knowhow and face low growth prospects. Others like India, Turkey, and the Philippines have successfully added productive capabilities to enter new sectors and will drive growth over the coming years. (Source)

India impoved it’s economic diversification index while Bangladesh deteriorated it’s economic diversification, (Source)
3. Innovation: The Global Innovation Index (GII) is an annual ranking of countries by their capacity for, and success in, innovation. The GII is computed by taking a simple average of the scores in two sub-indices, the Innovation Input Index and Innovation Output Index, which are composed of five and two pillars respectively. Each of these pillars describe an attribute of innovation, and comprise up to five indicators, and their score is calculated by the weighted average method.

India ranks 48 while Bangladesh ranks 116 in the index (Source)

The Bloomberg Innovation Index is an annual ranking of how innovative countries are. It is based on six criteria: research and development, manufacturing, high-tech companies, post-secondary education, research personnel, and patents. Bloomberg uses data from the World Bank, the International Monetary Fund, the World Intellectual Property Organization, the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the OECD and UNESCO to compile the ranking.

India ranks 50 and is constantly improving YoY while Bangladesh has no mention (Source)

4. R&D Spending

India spent 58 Billion USD on R&D, Bangladesh spent evenless than peanuts (Source)(Source), infact the amount of scientific papers Bangladesh’s neighbouring country India published during 1996–2017 is a thousand times higher than BD (Quoted from Source).

Bangladesh’s R&D spending is so low that it’s data is not even available, allegedly less than even $50 Million which is less than even peanuts.

5. Ease of doing business: A high ease of doing business ranking means the regulatory environment is more conducive to the starting and operation of a local firm, the index is released by The World Bank.

What kind of economic prosperity one can claim when doing business is a nightmare? (Source)
India’s Ease of Doing Business ranking is 63, whereas for BD it’s 168.

Corruption

The less said the better, and BD claims higher GDP per capita, no wonder their data might also be severely fudged.

Failed States Index
The list aims to assess states’ vulnerability to conflict or collapse, ranking all sovereign states with membership in the United Nations where there is enough data available for analysis.

Conclusion
So, Bangladeshis are “richer than India” due to “higher GDP per capita” but travel less on trains, travel less on flights, have half the wealth of India, have electricity consumption less than half of India, Bangladeshis buy less automobiles, Bangladeshis have less household consumption, Bangladeshis don’t spend on 4G subscriptions, have poor ease of doing business, and no R&D whatsoever, has a single sector dependent economy (textiles), Bangladeshis import and export less than India, spend less on electronics and on garments, have peanut Foreign Direct Investments, and Bangladeshis don’t invest in stock markets as much as Indians reflecting small market cap, consume less cement and steel and tourism is peanuts in comparison to India, so where the hell are they spending their money due to which their “economy is booming, and GDP grew so much that it has overtaken India”.

I didn’t further break sector wise data regarding economic outputs because then article would have taken more time and would have stretched a lot, but you can anyways search about it on the internet and compare both nations in output of sectors like Pharmaceutical production, industrial outputs, etc.

Will discuss how is Bangladesh’s GDP data is inaccurate and fudged in some other article.

Lot's of copy and paste, little to no analysis or context

According to your logic, Pakistan is richer than Vietnam because your per-capita car consumption is way higher? We can pick and choose consumption figures all day long. Why is internet penetration so poor in Pakistan? Why can't 50% of your ENTIRE female population read/write? And yet for people like you, you want everyone to look at your booming import-based hyper consumption-based economic bubble, which COLLAPSED

If Imran had 8 children which he could barely support, but spend most of his money financing a Beemer, is he or his family better of than Rassel with 2 children, who is happy to use the bus if it means staying within his means?

If your economy is so grossly miscalculated due to your massive informal sector, why do you feel the need to go around asking for more international bailouts?

Last edited:
Is that these coastal states did not become "prosperous" in a vacuum. There is this humongous "sucking noise" everyone can hear when these coastal "prosperous" areas centered by cities like Madras, Calcutta and Bombay (where investments, education and industrialization is concentrated) - suck in capital, talent, all kinds of resources and industrial inputs from the land-locked "poorer" interior states. So one cannot simply dismiss BIMARU or interior Indian states as "not belonging to Indian prosperity" whatever that concept alludes to...
Costal regions are relatively more prosperous because of their easy access to coastline. The lesser performing landlocked states in India do not have this advantage and therefore lag behind. Bangladeshis who are interested in comparing and contrasting their economic performance should select an appropriate comparison within Indian states. Any capital or talent that the coastal Indian states may be privy to is offset by loss of economic autonomy under the Indian union. Needless to say, there is also the transfer of wealth from the coastal regions to interior provinces within India. So there are advantages and disadvantages to that.

This has nothing to do with Hindutva or whatever. You need to ask yourself this : Is there a point in trying to run an online campaign day after day about Bangladesh per capita income level in South Asia? What do you achieve by do this in an obscure corner of the internet? It is just silly.

"I have no issues with Bangladesh but racist, idiots like you annoy the hell outta me"

Yea as long as they're beneath you like you've been raised to believe, then you're fine. I really don't give a **** about hurting your fragile feelings. Take them, and your two Bhakti wingmen and shove them up to your hairy arse. People like you deserve to be insulted as much as possible

You're fine with any racists as long as it doesn't burst your hyper ego.

I doubt you use the same standards on your fellow countrymen. Some of them say some really retarted and racist stuff completely unprovoked (mostly to Indians) , which you obviously have no problem with. Yet I made an (admittedly harsh) reply to one of your morons claiming Bangladesh is a nation destined for hell (because Pakistan destroyed our akhirat, apparently), I'm the racist... Okay.

Also, I did not make any claims about higher purchasing power and consumption patterns in Bangladesh, relative to India. I was commenting on how Bangladesh's per capita income overtook India's, despite being behind in many areas. If you bothered to even read what I wrote. Especially from you out of all people. Who always likes to remind people about India's hunger index's (one of few development indicators your country scores marginally better in), while disgarding everything else they've achieved economically.

I kind of expected your sloppy half-arsed response, trying to draw a tangent to something we weren't even talking about. Unless of course, you want us to believe consumption patterns as the sole indicator of economic development.

Last edited:
I did not say it represents the industrial situation of Pakistan. I wanted to challenge certain people's perception of their "infaarmal" sector, and why it just doesn't deliver the results they might expect it to

Lot's of copy and paste, little to no analysis or context

According to your logic, Pakistan is richer than Vietnam because your per-capita car consumption is way higher? We can pick and choose consumption figures all day long. Why is internet penetration so poor in Pakistan? Why can't 50% of your ENTIRE female population read/write? And yet for people like you, you want everyone to look at your booming import-based hyper consuming culture?

If Imran had 8 children which he could barely support, but spend most of his money financing a Beemer, is he or his family better of than Rassel with 2 children, who is happy to use the bus if it means staying within his means?

If your economy is so grossly miscalculated due to your massive informal sector, why do you feel the need to go around asking for more international bailouts?
Cause why the f should I write essays on a internet forum? It's stupid I'll make this one post and move on
It's better to copy paste talking points of Indians who actually troll your kind

It's seems according to the point he was making
Rassel spends on literally nothing no cement, no steel, no bikes, or other basic human consumption things that every society that ever existed spend on

While Pajeet is consuming all of it, Imran is consuming all of it
Just because of "culture" while rassel has a culture which stops him from buying bikes, cement, travel, steel and other many basic nessacity of life- frickin everything is culture? Like where are you spending this money
When saving rates and stock rates are also kinda off
Please make someone else mamoo

Imran spends more on city that's why cities look good, Pajeet does the same, we do villages
But most of your villages also look imvorished, with little permanent housing - with so much pop density things are easier
Areas with pop density are better off and easier to manage, with more connections and permanent housings in those villages,
But not much on that front in rural rich Bangladesh, so the villages look off, consumer is not Thier in even basic services, saving and stock is off, cities are on the shanty town side
But we should buy your stories

I think this exercise of internet argument is stupid so I'll move on but I think you're much better off replying to people who are more obsessed/annoyed with internet Bangladeshis like you and glorification of a nation with little consumption on something as basic as motor bikes- buying motorcycle doesn't require one to have hyper consumer culture- It's basic

Weirdest shit is there's an arenotical engineering university in interior sindh of all places, that's like a backwards area, while very rich Bangladesh has no program/degree in arenotical engineering, there's might be a token program somewhere here and there that no one knows about
There's no way anyone can take y'all seriously

You consume air, your saving rate etc is off, the cities look like massive slum dums, I think only one city with public transportation that too coverage is off, (that's considering your population density just 1 city with public transportation system... embarrassing) villages look garbage with little emphasis on brick, mortar houses like rest of the world

But want to talk crap against country where there are multiple cities with Brt, metros, I already showed the "poor" villages where even a 300 man village has brick mortar housing, some even have modern housing that is comparable to any proper city in the world, the cities look much better and maintained that any of your cities can ever dream of being, your very rich country has no concept of programs that existed in dozens of universities for literally decades, your best of the best university is ranked in 800s f-ing laughable for such a first world country like yours

Only thing Bangladesh is good in is where buerocrats get to make up stuff on paper to fool idiots like you, but when we see irl life results of what you claim
There's nothing, consuming air and talking shit on the internet
This is all what they have given you, internet talking points
That are hilarious when you see through Thier bs

It's all over your defense forum and I'll even tag them for you
@Protest_again , @Sudarshan
Have an argument with them on why you're very very rich, first world country

Internet arguments are stupid but visit, experience countries around SC to see why people are calling you out
Y'all are not what you think you're

Last edited:
Conclusion

If you want to be happy that India is actually ahead of Bangladesh (Don't know why a Pakistani would be happy about that and give multiple irrelevant examples on it, but oh well), be happy. I wanted to be sure whether you are actually posting from India. :-)

I have seen your posts, posting style (tagging fellow Indians) and will consider speaking to you as an Indian from this point forward, notwithstanding your flag.

All we Bangladeshis care is if IMF, World Bank, ADB and IFC are happy with our data. That is where credibility starts. Not from jealous competitors. @Atlas, @Homo Sapiens, @UKBengali, @bluesky bhais please feel free to comment.

India being a large scale country behaves like a poor small-time jealous competitor, and depends on not only very large scale remittances from Bangladesh (we are their 3rd or 4th largest remitter, which is well documented) but also handouts from remittances, loans and aid from other countries. It is puzzling to me why you would not question Indian claims of superior fudged figures as a Pakistani. This is my reason for considering you as an Indian.

We did not have to discuss these points if you were actually on the ground in Bangladesh and could see and hear what is going on, but you are NOT. I am not worried about Bangladesh' place in the world economic order and also, Pakistan's place. A win for Bangladesh can always be a win for Pakistan, but IMHO not for India. Pakistanis can replace Indians on any jobs in Bangladesh, and they are always welcome to do so. So far Pakistanis have simply not been interested other than in textiles and to some extent IT and other industrial/commercial fields.

The recent US sanctions will mean there will be more anti-Indian sentiment and animus in Bangladesh. Indians do not know when to get off the horse in effing with us.

So - let's now dissect your random, cherry-picked, somewhat relevant arguments, the rest I consider irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

Bangladeshis travel less on trains, travel less on flights : Bangladesh is a very small place (much smaller than Gujarat and maybe half the size of Maharashtra and UP), there are still eight functioning airports/airbases and three of them have direct Int'l flights. I simply don't believe the data that Bangladeshis travel any less than Indians per capita.

Bangladeshis have electricity consumption less than half of India : Another BS argument which is cherry-picked. India as a large country has many large scale inefficient electricity consuming industries such as blast furnaces, steel mills, Glass/Paper/chemical manufacturing, Aluminum processing, petroleum refineries etc. which Bangladesh does not have. Industry in Bangladesh is mainly to drive export volume value addition. Also, consumption (especially inefficient high-carbon-footprint industrial consumption of electricity) cannot be a hallmark of superiority, green manufacturing is. :lol: Bangladesh per LEEDS data has seven of the world's top ten energy efficient green factories, look it up please.

Bangladeshis spend less on electronics and on garments : I am calling BS on this, this is patently false. Indians are the number one kanjoos people on the planet - comparing Indian retail spending habits with Bangladeshis is out of the question, I know this :lol:. Bangladeshis not only consume their own clothes, all the Indian states surrounding Bangladesh depend on Bangladeshi market to sell their products, clothes, snacks, toothpaste, you name it. Average price of Lehengas I have purchased for my family members went around 2~3 lakh Taka and that is a VERY common price point.

You also have zero idea about Bangladeshi electronics market depending on some idiotic statistic you dug up somewhere, even village households mostly have refrigerators, TV's, and in some cases aircons. Over the past decade, economic progress has averaged 6% per year (as of 2017), that should tell you something.

large_eAvDpMJiZxvi_Y1U4SZHR3jOiBaDhjxrZivL0CRfc0c.png

Bangladeshis don’t spend on 4G subscriptions : Again another BS statistic, Bangladesh had ANALOG cellphone coverage back in the day in 1989 when Indians did not have even cell towers in place. Citycell (Bengali: সিটিসেল),[3] was the oldest mobile operator of Bangladesh. It was one of the three oldest and pioneer telecommunications network companies in South Asia along with Etisalat of Sri Lanka and Paktel of Pakistan. It was the only mobile operator in the country using analog CDMA and EVDO technology. Since then - Indians tried many times to penetrate the market with their companies but failed. Look at the following cell-tower map in Bangladesh for 3G/4G and compare it with Indian providers. The density seems the same to me. Adoption maybe higher in India because subcription and bandwidth are also signifcantly cheaper in India. 5G was also introduced recently in limited scale. Subscription rates and bandwidth are expensive and definitely higher than in India. By the way, though rates are cheaper, Indian cell call quality sucks. In border areas, Bangladesh network SIM card sales to Indians are rather high.

Last edited:
"While Pajeet is consuming all of it, Imran is consuming all of it"

And spend like a moron, well above his means. This means he continually has to go around the world with a begging bowl. Like asking one country for some loans in order to pay-off the loans of another country.

Need I remind you of your shameful human development statistics to make you understand where all your wealth ends up. Your ruling class literally treats you as cucks in front of your eyes.

The fact is, successive governments from your country would rather use money training nefarious militant groups, hiding the taliban, than to send children to schools. Something I'm sure you know, but just can't bring yourself to admit.

"Imran spends more on city that's why cities look good, Pajeet does the same, we do villages
But most of your villages also look imvorished, with little permanent housing - with so much pop density things are easier"

Men don't go around shooting girls in the head in Bangladeshi villages for having the audacity to receive an education. They don't have feudal lords holding them by their balls, suppressing human development. Women can easily find work in urban areas thanks to a much better rural-to-urban continuum in BD. Yet you show me some random Pakistani village video from youtube in a language I have no understanding of. Do you think all Bangladeshi villages remained as they were when your army went around burning them? Please don't make me bring out the sort of horror that happens in your rural areas. Or even not-so rural areas.

The fact is, the most backward/rural part of Bangladesh (In Barisal district), has a lower fertility rate than Urban Islamabad. And that says a lot. Or your infant mortality rates which is simply, astonishing in the 21st century. But no, let's talk about BMWs and fancy shopping malls

"Rassel spends on literally nothing no cement, no steel, no bikes, or other basic human consumption things that every society that ever existed spend on"

Need I remind you, you're quite well behind Bangladesh on HDI, literacy rate, infant mortality, hunger index, general poverty rate, basically any socioeconomic indices you can think of. It's not like Bangladesh is ahead of you in per capita ONLY. So whatever counts as "essentials" in your world to sustain a decent standard of living is probably, even if you hate to admit it, is shaped by a certain cultural mindset.

"But not much on that front in rural rich Bangladesh, so the villages look off, consumer is not Thier in even basic services, saving and stock is off, cities are on the shanty town side
But we should buy your stories"

Dear Sir, much of Lahore, Karachi looks like the "Derka Derka Muhammad Jihad" scene from Team America. I mean literally a copy paste of a typical hollywood caricature of some sandy terroristan. Honestly, if one takes a WIDER view, it looks like bombed out allepo. Dhaka/CHittagong is messy, but it doesn't look like bombed out allepo. Most shanty areas are replaced with concrete apartment buildings. Take a look a a recent Dhaka skyline and see the density of modern "IE not from DerkaDerkaland" housing complex.

Last edited:
Cause why the f should I write essays on a internet forum? It's stupid I'll make this one post and move on
It's better to copy paste talking points of Indians who actually troll your kind

It's seems according to the point he was making
Rassel spends on literally nothing no cement, no steel, no bikes, or other basic human consumption things that every society that ever existed spend on

While Pajeet is consuming all of it, Imran is consuming all of it
Just because of "culture" while rassel has a culture which stops him from buying bikes, cement, travel, steel and other many basic nessacity of life- frickin everything is culture? Like where are you spending this money
When saving rates and stock rates are also kinda off
Please make someone else mamoo

Imran spends more on city that's why cities look good, Pajeet does the same, we do villages
But most of your villages also look imvorished, with little permanent housing - with so much pop density things are easier
Areas with pop density are better off and easier to manage, with more connections and permanent housings in those villages,
But not much on that front in rural rich Bangladesh, so the villages look off, consumer is not Thier in even basic services, saving and stock is off, cities are on the shanty town side
But we should buy your stories

I think this exercise of internet argument is stupid so I'll move on but I think you're much better off replying to people who are more obsessed/annoyed with internet Bangladeshis like you and glorification of a nation with little consumption on something as basic as motor bikes- buying motorcycle doesn't require one to have hyper consumer culture- It's basic

It's all over your defense forum and I'll even tag them for you
@Protest_again , @Sudarshan
Have an argument with them on why you're very very rich, first world country

Internet arguments are stupid but visit, experience countries around SC to see why people are calling you out
Y'all are not what you think you're

I "glorify" things Bangladesh does well, and shit on things it doesn't do well. But I can understand why that former upsets people like you, especially in a Pakistani forum. It must be sad to see so many positive headlines of Bangladesh (mostly from India btw, by no one bigs up Bangladesh's achievement as much as India, to rub it in your guys even further), while your country gets such a shitty press literally everywhere.

I'm sorry I don't have more positive to say things about Pakistan AS A STATE, just for the sake of it. Maybe try harder to improve your country instead of making excuses

Really classy of you to call in the service of two unemployed Bhakt's to do your dirty work. If you're going to engage on an internet forum, do it yourself?

I thought we could have a discussion on economy and policies, but yet again, as it's common with people like you, you've turned the discussion into some soppy shitthrowing contest comparing the absoloute worst between the afformentioend countries.

Those consumer data points are typical ones foisted by Indians and have been dismissed many, many times in the past as cherry-picked and selective. I am honestly tired of repeating these arguments for clueless Indians. Look at the forest (the big picture), not the trees.

I "glorify" things Bangladesh does well, and shit on things it doesn't do well. But I can understand why that former upsets people like you, especially in a Pakistani forum. It must be sad to see so many positive headlines of Bangladesh (mostly from India btw, by no one bigs up Bangladesh's achievement as much as India, to rub it in your guys even further), while your country gets such a shitty press literally everywhere.

I'm sorry I don't have more positive to say things about Pakistan AS A STATE, just for the sake of it. Maybe try harder to improve your country instead of making excuses

Really classy of you to call in the service of two unemployed Bhakt's to do your dirty work. If you're going to engage on an internet forum, do it yourself?

I thought we could have a discussion on economy and policies, but yet again, as it's common with people like you, you've turned the discussion into some soppy shitthrowing contest comparing the absoloute worst between the afformentioend countries.

Bhai I believe having to get involved with America in Afghanistan in the WOT, and handling Afghan refugees are a bit bigger than "giving excuses". Sometimes when we in Bangladesh see things in Pakistan, we may be overly critical, but we have to put ourselves in their shoes, though we may be more disappointed as fellow "brothers and sisters" than for example, Indians are (who of course don't give a $hit and are happy to see Pakistan suffer).

We did not have to suffer any of this as a country like Pakistan and had five decades of relative peace (except the hair-pulling stunts of the two ladies). We were very lucky in that respect.

Back
Top Bottom