What's new

Can We Really Consider Urdu as a National Language of Pakistan?

Unfortunately by choosing Urdu Pakistan took out insurance policy that assured that Pak would converge with India. Not diverge. In the long run we are all being made "Indian". Crazy Indians.

Indeed most of Pakistan is remarkably more closer to Indian then it was in 1947 and will get even more closer as we move forward. It was like we made a country in 1947 so we could arrive at the same destination as India only on a separate flight.

@Joe Shearer Yeh Joe, I would love to read them.

As long as both Hindi and Urdu remain closely related. Your convergence theories will remain afloat.

Even in your own judgement language has kept them quite similar yet way too different.

70 years is nothing to mold out a new language but see in a beautiful way Urdu is now evolving at a very rapid phase and a new language is slowly taking shape. Thus a national language for the nation.

On the other hand. Need i remind you an Indian made this thread.

As far as the diverging and converging is concerned. The dominant sustainable culture will survive.

Our generations or people will witness a clash of civilization if India survives.

Like you don't have Hindi as national language?

Really?

Hmmm makes sense. Since you are mob masquerading as a nation.

Hmm anyhow

When we got a separate land or when we inherited ivc from the whoevers be it mughal or British. Doesn't really matter.

We set out to create not just a country but a civilization and some sort empire.

We thought everyone should speak a common language. We chose Urdu as the most significant language.

So we have Urdu. Comes from the word Ordo in Turkish. There is a town named Ordo in Turkey still.

Its meaning a place of gather and more precisely for military service.

Lol so I don't mean to scare you but that's pretty much it

I don't know. Sounds like a cheap rip off of Urdu this Hindi language of India.

Like if you say Irish is a drunken version of English.

Interesting though.

Is it of interest to anyone what things sound like to an uneducated person full of himself? Urdu, incidentally, is grammatically an Indo-Aryan language; it has the identical grammatical structure, and has just been larded with verbs and nouns of external origin. It has nothing to do with Turkish, apart from the name that meant 'camp'.

Is it of interest to anyone what things sound like to an uneducated person full of himself? Urdu, incidentally, is grammatically an Indo-Aryan language; it has the identical grammatical structure, and has just been larded with verbs and nouns of external origin. It has nothing to do with Turkish, apart from the name that meant 'camp'.

Yes a military camp. A place for and of gather.

Its beyond your comprehension what does that means symbolically. If you can then you will understand who I am and what is Pakistan and Pakistaniyat.

The two nation theory will simply flash by your eyes and you will see Jinnah's smug face but you will smile back.

Goes to show the modern example of how a language is created or formed whichever you prefer.

Unfortunately by choosing Urdu Pakistan took out insurance policy that assured that Pak would converge with India. Not diverge. In the long run we are all being made "Indian". Crazy Indians.

Indeed most of Pakistan is remarkably more closer to Indian then it was in 1947 and will get even more closer as we move forward. It was like we made a country in 1947 so we could arrive at the same destination as India only on a separate flight.

@Joe Shearer Yeh Joe, I would love to read them.
so true,,
par ab kuch nahi ho sakta,,bhayyafication of non bhayya Pakistanis(pashtuns,hazaras etc) is most likely complete.
even here,in India,GOI is trying super hard to impose hindi on non bhayya ppl(northeast n southern India),albeit slowly n cautiously,without much of the anticipated success.

Ye baat theek hai.

Urdu me yahan likhna chaiye.

OP is an idiot. Just because Urdu is not mother tongue, does not mean most Pakistanis don't speak it. Pakistanis all have our ethno-regional languages, but when we want to communicate with someone from another area or ethnicity we use Urdu as a median language to communicate. This thread is stupid as Urdu is a language that is older than Hindi which bhaiyas in India speak. :lol:
well,,u r also a bhayya,,pendu bhayyas r part of the larger bhayya tribe,,,so dont lol at ur Indian bhayya brothrs :D

As long as Pakistanis use Indian language like Urdu,Punjabi they can not came out of Indian origin stamp on them.

Too be fair our contempt and hatred for hindus does that

Even Maharashtra remained out of their reach Marathas and Deccan Sultanates resisted the Mughals bravely...and there have been other conquerors of India---both indigenous and foreign prior to the Mughals....

But none as great as the Mughals

When Partition took place - a lot of discussion centered about the idea of Pakistan. In many ways, the top leadership decided the idea of Pakistan was related to the Mughal Empire. @JoeShearer probably has a better idea. But from I understand, Jinnah even asked for a "Mughal Corridor" connecting the two wings of Pakistan - if I am not mistaken that included Agra.

Also, the first revolt in East Pakistan was because of language, not ethnicity. They really did not wish to forego their Bengali identity and felt that Urdu was being imposed on them. If it is 8% today - if you combine the populations of both BD and Pak - that means it is the mother tongue of 4%.

As Indians, it is fine if they adopted an Indian language as their national language. And it is excellent that we don't have a national language - we shouldn't have one.

When Partition took place - a lot of discussion centered about the idea of Pakistan. In many ways, the top leadership decided the idea of Pakistan was related to the Mughal Empire. @JoeShearer probably has a better idea. But from I understand, Jinnah even asked for a "Mughal Corridor" connecting the two wings of Pakistan - if I am not mistaken that included Agra.

Also, the first revolt in East Pakistan was because of language, not ethnicity. They really did not wish to forego their Bengali identity and felt that Urdu was being imposed on them. If it is 8% today - if you combine the populations of both BD and Pak - that means it is the mother tongue of 4%.

As Indians, it is fine if they adopted an Indian language as their national language. And it is excellent that we don't have a national language - we shouldn't have one.

Its a language of the Muslims of the sub continent

Yes a military camp. A place for and of gather.

Its beyond your comprehension what does that means symbolically. If you can then you will understand who I am and what is Pakistan and Pakistaniyat.

It means symbolically a place where different languages are merged into one, so that everyone can buy food and drink, and pay for it. Are you a shopkeeper?

The two nation theory will simply flash by your eyes and you will see Jinnah's smug face but you will smile back.

Of course, you say this knowing that the TNT was used politically first by a Hindu bigot, and polluted Muslim bigots thereafter.

Goes to show the modern example of how a language is created or formed whichever you prefer.

LOL.

Goes to show nothing of the sort. The soldiers that came into India seeking their fortune through loot and plunder, and their pleasure through rape, learnt the local language and added their own familiar words to it. If you were even partially educated, you would have been told to read Amir Khusrau, to understand how the language evolved.

It is language of mohajirs, the educated class of Pakistan who mostly hails from UP.

Back
Top Bottom