What's new

Can Pakistan produce/acquire these kinds of subs?

However, Australian defence expert Brian Cloughley criticized the Pakistani plan and said that PN must focus more on upgrading its existing submarines and expanding its fleet before arming them with nuclear weapons. Cloughley further claimed that the Pakistani Armed Forces does not need the second strike capability as of now. He urged the PN to increase its submarine fleet, from the present number of five to 14.

He said correctly.

A more potent and effective weapon for PN will be an improvised CM-400AKG..If somehow PN can find a way of firing it from a sub...

Babur is more stealthy and very hard to counter.and can be upgraded with range beyond 1000km.

However, Australian defence expert Brian Cloughley criticized the Pakistani plan and said that PN must focus more on upgrading its existing submarines and expanding its fleet before arming them with nuclear weapons. Cloughley further claimed that the Pakistani Armed Forces does not need the second strike capability as of now. He urged the PN to increase its submarine fleet, from the present number of five to 14.

He said correctly.

Dude, seriously, do you believe such recommendations coming from others?

Who would want our submarines to be armed with nukes? If they had a chance they'd deny you of any fissile material!

Pakistan needs to work quickly on integration of these weapons from sub kiloton to megaton yields. Only the absolute fear of retaliation will keep our country safe, and the only thing that guarantees such fear-factor is nukes, unfortunately!

A more potent and effective weapon for PN will be an improvised CM-400AKG..If somehow PN can find a way of firing it from a sub...

The amount of development required for an improvisation like that would be so much that Pakistan would be better off developing a new tactical weapon. Besides, we can't just launch an already converted surface-to-surface rocket from a torpedo tube, it would require modifications beyond our capabilities.

Babur is more stealthy and very hard to counter.and can be upgraded with range beyond 1000km.

If upgrading of Babur keeps going,PN may not need an SLBM.
Larger nukes from land based missiles and pint sized nukes from sea can be enough deterrant...
Plus Agosta-Khalid class is already quieter than any Nuclear submarine india will have.

The amount of development required for an improvisation like that would be so much that Pakistan would be better off developing a new tactical weapon. Besides, we can't just launch an already converted surface-to-surface rocket from a torpedo tube, it would require modifications beyond our capabilities.

Yup,i agree.

Dude, seriously, do you believe such recommendations coming from others?

Who would want our submarines to be armed with nukes? If they had a chance they'd deny you of any fissile material!

Pakistan needs to work quickly on integration of these weapons from sub kiloton to megaton yields. Only the absolute fear of retaliation will keep our country safe, and the only thing that guarantees such fear-factor is nukes, unfortunately!

At least he speak honestly and wise thinking. He doesn't say not to build submarines but to expands our fleets first before it. Our Agostas must stay in his primarily role of mouse-cat games but you prefer to add nuclear megaton yields will make little difficult on Agostas due to more weights and less effectives in mouse-cat games. I would stick with it, our history successed with previous wars experiments with India's huge fleets. By inducting with Qing Class submarines along with nuclear Babur Missiles is more sense combined support with Agostas submarines , more deadly.

Don't mess with heavy noise submarines or AIP submarines.

At least he speak honestly and wise thinking. He doesn't say not to build submarines but to expands our fleets first before it. Our Agostas must stay in his primarily role of mouse-cat games but you prefer to add nuclear megaton yields will make little difficult on Agostas due to more weights and less effectives in mouse-cat games. I would stick with it, our history successed with previous wars experiments with India's huge fleets. By inducting with Qing Class submarines along with nuclear Babur Missiles is more sense combined support with Agostas submarines , more deadly.

Don't mess with heavy noise submarines or AIP submarines.

Pakistan does not have tons of cash as India and has to do away with whatever is available..

Developing tube launch for Babur was a very wise decision,as if and when Qing class comes to Pakistan,in addition to torpedo launch,Babur can be vertical launched from Qing's ballistic missile silos until the time Pakistan has a SLBM.

In this thread i have come to realize how well Pakistani scientists and military planners have carried out the Pakistani missile development Program...
Have made use of already available platforms while developing launch system compatible for any upcoming submarine...

I think Pakistan can buy it from China....only issue is that ...does Pakistan have that much money to buy and operate....

Pakistan does not have tons of cash as India and has to do away with whatever is available..
Exactly!!! That's what I am always saying............but instead of working on getting the best out of that limited amount, you should give priority to working on actually increasing this amount, by focusing more on the national economy and it's growth. Once Incomes rise and poverty alleviates, the number of people joining Al Qaeda and radical groups in Pakistan and neighboring Afghanistan will also decrease, thus lowering the immediate spending on War on Terror......

Exactly!!! That's what I am always saying............but instead of working on getting the best out of that limited amount, you should give priority to working on actually increasing this amount, by focusing more on the national economy and it's growth. Once Incomes rise and poverty alleviates, the number of people joining Al Qaeda and radical groups in Pakistan and neighboring Afghanistan will also decrease, thus lowering the immediate spending on War on Terror......

You brought in unrelated issues...
India is much larger than Pakistan,so the difference of available resources between the two countries will always be there.

You brought in unrelated issues...
India is much larger than Pakistan,so the difference of available resources between the two countries will always be there.
I am not saying that the difference will end..........I am just saying that if Pakistan focuses more on economic growth, it will eventually have more funds available to acquire Subs, rather than resorting to Jugaads(ie making best of what is available)
Read what I posted again please..........

Also that K-15 is a highly survivable (more like invincible against Pakistan) SLBM capable of reaching hypersonic velocities, striking its target much quickly.

Don't know about the invincible part , But Shaurya is the land version of K15 .

Shaurya is said to be a QBM which will make K15 also a QBM. Maybe a first of it's kind SLQBM .

Back
Top Bottom