What's new

Can Muslims sing "Vande_Mataram"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because we only bow to God during our 5 time daily prayers. In the Quran we were specifically told not to bow to anyone except the Lord Almighty, not to kings, rulers, saints, friends, parents, no one. We respect everyone but the object of our worship can be no one but God. This is what a bow entails, that you are not just worshipping them but are dependent on them for something that God can provide you in prayer.
No, that is the whole point of me asking about muslims at sufi mazars
! They do bow! Are they equating the saints with god?

Because we only bow to God during our 5 time daily prayers. In the Quran we were specifically told not to bow to anyone except the Lord Almighty, not to kings, rulers, saints, friends, parents, no one. We respect everyone but the object of our worship can be no one but God. This is what a bow entails, that you are not just worshipping them but are dependent on them for something that God can provide you in prayer. This is my last post in this thread, sar dard x 10.

Than this is the difference between ideology. Except for followers of Islam, I think almost everyone translates to bow as to show respect, not just worshiping.

Relevance here is there any Pakistani who wil ask a Saudi or a Saudi Royal whether the King is legitimate or wether he is Islamic??

-NO-..none will ask.

So why asking Indian Muslims..? are they Pakistanis..?

And If u ask Indian Muslims thru the imaginary bond of Ummah why dont u ask the Gulf states and Sheikhdoms to relinquish their rule as that is un-islamic.

Karthic Sri,

A Muslim is a Muslim even if he is on Moon. Muslims living in India doesn't become somebody different or they do not start following an Indian Version of Islam. Islam is one and same for all. Here people in Pakistan learn a lot of things from Zakir Niak and so do Muslims in India who take guidance from Dr. Israar (Rahmatullah Elaih). Muslim bond is there and visibly there. You cannot draw boundaries in this connection which is Universal to Muslims.

The topic under discussion is about Principle. Vande Mataram or anything like that could not be chanted. If there are Muslims who still chant, then those are deviating from the Principles of Islam and by doing so they don't become any better Muslims or better citizens of India.

Principles of Islam are exactly the same which apply on Muslims of India or elsewhere. If Kind Saud or Family is not doing anything right, he is as wrong as anybody else. A bad practice is bad and cannot be defended even if that is committed by some body in India, Pakistan or in the Royal Family of King Saud. BUT Identify what is magnitude of sin here, by chanting such slogans like Vande-Matram, Muslims (wherever they are) commit highest sin. Kingship is against the principles of Islam, true, but its not the highest crime. Having said that, no one is defending misdeeds of Kingship of Saudi-Arabia here or in the Muslim World. Muslims of the world should collaborate and raise their voice against it, no questions about it.

Last edited:
Not bowing to anyone, your president, your parents, your idols, etc

"Allah has said: Take not (For worship) two gods: For He is just One God: Then Fear Me and (Me alone)."
(16:51)

:D

No, that is the whole point of me asking about muslims at sufi mazars
! They do bow! Are they equating the saints with god?

They ask for their intercession and help instead of God's. I think whoever is doing that is following custom and tradition and not Islam. Prophet's grave was unmarked and simple, he said don't worship me I am gone but God is forever. So why these saints would get special treatment and arrangements after they have passed is probably hinged upon what I said, custom and tradition and not religion.

I will not call them Kafir or say they are sinning purely because I honestly don't care what people bow to. This is just official Islamic perspective in the realm of theology, nothing serious.

Last edited:
Than this is the difference between ideology. Except for followers of Islam, I think almost everyone translates to bow as to show respect, not just worshiping.

It would be respectful gesture if we didn't already bow to God...but then we wouldn't be Muslims would we. We have other respectful gestures to show people. Asim brought up a few...hugging, kissing, shaking hands. Can you think of some others? :disagree:

A Typical Image of Bharat Mata

250px-Bharat_Mata_Abanindranath.jpg

210px-Matha.png

It is a hymn to the goddess Bharat Mata and goes like that

I bow to thee, Mother,
richly-watered, richly-fruited,
cool with the winds of the south,
dark with the crops of the harvests,
the Mother!

Her nights rejoicing
in the glory of the moonlight,
her lands clothed beautifully
with her trees in flowering bloom,
sweet of laughter,
sweet of speech,
The Mother,
giver of boons, giver of bliss!

In my opinion, anybody who sings this song Commits the sin of Shirak. No matter what, Muslims do not bow to anybody but Allah. There are no devi's in Islam, we are asked to love our homeland, defend it sacrifice our lives for it but "worship it" or its "symbol"... NO! Not in any chase whatsoever.

In my understanding, No Muslim in India or anywhere else in the world should chant that hymn. Muslims do not bow to any entity except Allah and anybody who chants that could be committing the unforgivable sin, the Shirk committing which one would not be forgiven..ever!

References:
Vande Mataram - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and
Bharat Mata - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I am a Indian muslim and I sing this song with pride and dignity, sorry but for the 150 million peaceful Indian muslims, country comes before religion. Next time worry about your people in Pakistan and stop nose poking inside India, what happens in India is none of your business. Stop trying to politicize things, its something Pakistan is quite good at. Indian Muslims are very progressive and have made the nation proud in whatever field their in, there are not radicalized nor they want to assert themselves over the other community. Muslim culture thrives in many regions of India like Mumbai, Lucknow etc etc and the miracle of India is that even after being the most diverse nation on this planet, Indian democracy has held strong and now we are on the path to being a superpower. Unlike our neighbors we have never gone into a dictatorship and not a single Taliban operative has been linked to India. I think that speaks enough about how much Indian mulisms love their country. So stop metaling into our matters, Pakistan is the last country on the planet that needs to stand up for Muslim rights, it has done enough to harm the image already. Peace.

It would be respectful gesture if we didn't already bow to God...but then we wouldn't be Muslims would we. We have other respectful gestures to show people. Asim brought up a few...hugging, kissing, shaking hands. Can you think of some others? :disagree:

I meant that its all symbolic. Its like you can bow to God, as you are worshiping, but bow to something else, as you are showing respect, just like everyone else. Its just symbolic, and the only thing that matters is feeling in your heart.

P1000860.JPG

Largest Bharat Mata Temple.

Seem satanic idiol worshipping....

bharatma.jpg

Just like people worship Mary the Virgin in Catholics. Sigh! What can i say?

if you cant talk properly then dont open your mouth, thats their religion and you have no business criticizing it, dont start crying when other people criticize Islam also then. What wrong for you is right for them visa versa, learn to respect other cultures also only then you will get the same back.

So according to islam isn't it a sin to take photo or video of women,watching modern women,showing face of women, taking medicine containing alcohol,practicing martial arts, Playing cards, keeping any kind of idols,portraits etc

This is what some radical body (I think Dar ul Uloom) said in India... but fell flat on the face as more than 1 lakh Muslims gathered in front of the very office of that radical body and sang 'Vande Mataram' with pride.

I am a Buddhist and I sing this with pride too. The short-sighted laws of Arabia don't apply in India where INDIANS live and have our own laws whether religion or culture.

if Mata means mother then it is a shirk...
Shirk= include anyone with God Almighty..
if mata means nation it is Kufur
Kufur= going against the will of God

in taaza khudaon mai bara sub se watan hai
jo perhan is ka hai wo mazhab ka kafan hai..
(Dr. Iqbal)

there are 1.5 billion Muslims in the world but only 5% are practicing Muslims..
others are munafiqeen
Munafiqeen= under the umbrella of Islam they behave like Muslims but they are not and Allah Knows that..
I can also be there on that list...

if Mata means mother then it is a shirk...
Shirk= include anyone with God Almighty..
if mata means nation it is Kufur
Kufur= going against the will of God
I didn't understand this, how did it become Shirk? :rolleyes:
others are munafiqeen
Munafiqeen= under the umbrella of Islam they behave like Muslims but they are not and Allah Knows that..
I can also be there on that list...
5% hehehe you forgot to add 0 (zeros) before 5. Not even 0.05% are practising Muslims.

don't say Munafiqeen..... they are not just practising muslim

Last edited:
I didn't understand this, how did it become Shirk? :rolleyes:

5% hehehe you forgot to add 0 (zeros) before 5. Not even 0.05% are practising Muslims.

In the song vande mataram, if the word mother is for Bharat mata, the lordess, Devi maa...
The song states i bow to thee mother,,
that is why I m saying..

others are munafiqeen

So 95% muslims are munafiqeen ???

As you said that its Allah who knows it then how come you have come up with this figure ?

Do you know the repercussions of such allegation? Dont be silly and just mind your own business and faith. What others believe and what relation they have with Allah is purely between them and Allah and only he know the best. Not you or me or anyone else.

Please refrain from such generalisations.

So 95% muslims are munafiqeen ???

As you said that its Allah who knows it then how come you have come up with this figure ?

Do you know the repercussions of such allegation? Dont be silly and just mind your own business and faith. What others believe and what relation they have with Allah is purely between them and Allah and only he know the best. Not you or me or anyone else.

Please refrain from such generalisations.

Good to see you posting again X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom