What's new

Can India be cunning?

Let be very clear, I am not sympathetic towards the interests of the US. I don't care why the US did something against India. Whatever be the reason, the US destabilized whole South Asia and tried to destabilize India. Wherever you have written not-sure for the US, the US was the major player (like in North East states, in association with the UK (took care of the finance part); Punjab in association with Pakistan).

That article you used as reference for the 2004 arms haul doesn't show the real picture. Weapons were sourced through Dubai, facilitated by a Pakistani Company whose owner died mysterious due to hear attack. The US was actively involved during the operation and tried to shield two DGFI agents after the Indian agencies killed the operation.

What is the threat that India poses to the US and UK?

As for the owner dying, don't you think ISI was involved to cover its links? Dubai is a place where various intel play.

What's the connection to US? I can see the US playing the game against us, as we were both on different sides. But after 9/11, events changed immensely. Maybe not quite far enough at the time.......but I think at the present moment...the US is doing everything in can to include India on a level playing field and not against India's interests?

As for the owner dying, don't you think ISI was involved to cover its links? Dubai is a place where various intel play.

What's the connection to US? I can see the US playing the game against us, as we were both on different sides. But after 9/11, events changed immensely. Maybe not quite far enough at the time.......but I think at the present moment...the US is doing everything in can to include India on a level playing field and not against India's interests?

Regardless, should both nations continue to hold onto old baggage if we can make legimate headway towards a better and brighter future on better terms? The diplomt incident didn't make sense to me. It seemed a play aimed towards Congress maybe for indecision or lack of decision or something else behind the scenes. Seeing how corrupt Congress was and is, I am not sure where and how to look at this.

Have a look at the world map:
300px-Silk_route.jpg

India is located close to one of the busiest trade routes. As India expands her economic and military power she will assert herself over the whole Indian Ocean region, and the western powers want to prevent that from happening. Today China is their enemy, tomorrow it will be India.

The US doesn't like competition, and a large country like India cannot afford to be a member of one club or the other. It doesn't even matter whether India wishes to start a fight or not. Take Iraq for an example. If you dare to come in their way, you will be crushed, SIMPLE.

Have a look at the world map:
300px-Silk_route.jpg

India is located close to one of the busiest trade routes. As India expands her economic and military power she will assert herself over the whole Indian Ocean region, and the western powers want to prevent that from happening. Today China is their enemy, tomorrow it will be India.

The US doesn't like competition, and a large country like India cannot afford to be a member of one club or the other. It doesn't even matter whether India wishes to start a fight or not. Take Iraq for an example. If you dare to come in their way, you will be crushed, SIMPLE.

Ok but the US is not the only player who will act to slow India down. Any nation capable of doing so will do so. Even if they cannot, such nations will ally together for a common cause.

I see the map but I don't quite understand how will India assert herself in the entire IOR? What are we going to do exactly? Shipping routes will be shipping routes. Tranist points and refueling is common anyday of the week.

I never saw Iraq as competition. I don't believe Iraq had WMDs but I think Saddam still posed a threat to our interests and would eventually aid terrorists against the US.

Many Indians still harbor this grudge against the US for reasons of the past. Yet, the link I posted below as explainned by a retire Navy Admiral, China is our major worry. Just like the Left in India was totally against the US relations from gathering steam, without US help, we would never have access to nuclear energy from the world. It is because of US pressure, many nations bent over backwards to accommodate our stand. Never forget that. The US has gone above and beyond to nuture this relationship to take it to the next level. Holding on the past, will blind us for our future.

Nobody wants to see India succeed except Indians. What we need to do is create a roadmap or vision for the future of the world that will allow us to succeed yet not create ripples in terms of war. That vision incorporates the colonization of space and the world's focus should be on that.

http://www.maritimeindia.org/sites/all/files/pdf/CNS_Speech_IMF_Pune_Giveaway.pdf

Last edited:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom