What's new

Can anyone tell me why India and Pakistan don’t get along?

We actually have moderately good relations with Afghanistan last time I checked.

Saadi Shirazi said long long time ago;

Ager Qehtur Rijal Uftab

If there is dearth of humans on the earth, be careful of the following,

Awwal Afghan. (First Afghan)

I will skip the remaining.

I am a Pakistani and not Afghan. And not all Afghans speak Pushto. Even their Pushto dialect is discernibly different.

Indians and Pakistanis dont get along because they are way too busy trying to outdo the other in talking nonsense. Point in example is all the posts in this thread. Question answered :azn:

Indians and Pakistanis dont get along because they are way too busy trying to outdo the other in talking nonsense. Point in example is all the posts in this thread. Question answered :azn:
Its not a barometer to decide.

Saadi Shirazi said long long time ago;

Ager Qehtur Rijal Uftab

If there is dearth of humans on the earth, be careful of the following,

Awwal Afghan. (First Afghan)

I will skip the remaining.

I am a Pakistani and not Afghan. And not all Afghans speak Pushto. Even their Pushto dialect is discernibly different.

Never called you an Afghan, neither did I claim that all Afghans speak Pashto.

The main point is they can...Though oil will eventually make a layer on the top because it's density is low and hence it doesn't really mix

Not sure what sort of analogy to put forward! :P

In the documentary 'Dreaming Taj' on NDTV, a Pakistani woman asked 'India and Pakistan is like 'pallu' and 'dhupatta' they are parts of the same cloth but for some reason don't become one.'

IMO this analogy fits perfectly.

In the documentary 'Dreaming Taj' on NDTV, a Pakistani woman asked 'India and Pakistan is like 'pallu' and 'dhupatta' they are parts of the same cloth but for some reason don't become one.'

IMO this analogy fits perfectly.

Errr...I do not know the difference...I thought pallu was part of a duppata! Sorry ...just that we do not even use that word (pallu) in our home

Errr...I do not know the difference...I thought pallu was part of a duppata! Sorry ...just that we do not even use that word (pallu) in our home

Sorry sorry...She said 'shalwar-kameez' or 'kameez-dhupatta'. I've seen it just now. I can upload the show if you want.

They don't get along basically on forums like PDF! I have been to Pakistan and it was amazing to see such friendliness. From cabbies to kababwalas, an Indian there is treated like a VIP!

Even abroad, we Indians and Pakistanis get along just fine, enjoying jet skiing, parasailing over the Mediterranean, driving across Europe, staying together, partying and eating out especially in Asian restaurants. No one even thinks that the other guy or gal is an Indian or Pakistani. It's just fun all the way!

However, I ventured to ask one of my Pakistani friends there, as to why there's so much tension between us on the subcontinent. His answer: BLOODY POLITICIANS and VESTED INTERESTS on both sides who want to continue this charade for their own political and financial interests.

I couldn't agree more. He hit the nail on the head! :tup:

Sorry sorry...She said 'shalwar-kameez' or 'kameez-dhupatta'. I've seen it just now. I can upload the show if you want.

Hhahaha...ok now that makes more sense :)

They don't get along basically on forums like PDF! I have been to Pakistan and it was amazing to see such friendliness. From cabbies to kababwalas, an Indian there is treated like a VIP!

Even abroad, we Indians and Pakistanis get along just fine, enjoying jet skiing, parasailing over the Mediterranean, driving across Europe, staying together, partying and eating out especially in Asian restaurants. No one even thinks that the other guy or gal is an Indian or Pakistani. It's just fun all the way!

However, I ventured to ask one of my Pakistani friends there, as to why there's so much tension between us on the subcontinent. His answer: BLOODY POLITICIANS and VESTED INTERESTS on both sides who want to continue this charade for their own political and financial interests.

I couldn't agree more. He hit the nail on the head! :tup:

Soo true! Soo true!

Well, the fashion now a days is that the shalwar as well as the kameez and also the duppata are made from different contrasting clothes...Sometimes I can not even figure out which kameez goes with which shalwar and how they actually ended up with that duppata!

Hhahaha...ok now that makes more sense :)

Well, the fashion now a days is that the shalwar as well as the kameez and also the duppata are made from different contrasting clothes...Sometimes I can not even figure out which kameez goes with which shalwar and how they actually ended up with that duppata!

Hell...I don't even know the difference between 'shalwar', 'kameez' and 'dupatta'.

Hell...I don't even know the difference between 'shalwar', 'kameez' and 'dupatta'.

Huh?

Shalwar is Shalwar the trouser

Kameez is the kameez - shirt/ top

Duppatta is the piece of cloth that can look like a sash! It may be broader than a typical sash or big like a chaddar

Huh?

Shalwar is Shalwar the trouser

Kameez is the kameez - shirt/ top

Duppatta is the piece of cloth that can look like a sash! It may be broader than a typical sash or big like a chaddar

Is it the same one that is used to cover the hair?

Is it the same one that is used to cover the hair?

It can cover the hair if one wants to. It is not a scarf and is much bigger than that.

Which place are you from.

If you are flying Indian flags, I presume you should know it. It is also part of one of the common Indian dresses.

Back
Top Bottom