What's new

Can anyone tell me why India and Pakistan don’t get along?

Exchanging dossiers is a charade - I wonder if you have seen Indian dossiers presented to Pakistan on various aspects. It is BS.

Regardless of Indian "evidence", what was Pakistan basing its case against the accused on? What jurisdiction did Pakistan have to try a case for a crime committed in India? If the conspiracy part was to be charged, who should have provided evidence? India?

Pakistan is an independent and sovereign state and it has its own judicial and criminal justice system. You can and may believe that evidence presented by India is sufficient. In Pakistan it is the Pakistani judicial system which shall and will decide this.

Your courts are a joke which is why they wanted to send a commission to India. What for? To question whom? What jurisdictional powers do Pakistani courts have in India? What cross questioning were they planning to do? What was the basis that they wanted to question Kasab on? What value would a testimony of a convicted murderer in India have on a trial in Pakistan? Would speaking to Indian witnesses & police officers help in nailing people on a conspiracy case in Pakistan?

Your commission was a laugh from the moment go. The only reason New Delhi agreed to the visit was to prevent you from using that excuse. It could not prevent that because once here , the commission made demands which were not included in the original agreement on what it could or could not do. Essential a grandstanding exercise. Your courts then rule that the statements have no value because there was no cross examination something that was known even before the commission came to India. What cross examination? For more grandstanding?

Your judicial system may be the wall behind which you people seek to hide, that is of no concern to us. No one in India believed or believes now that Pakistan will take this matter seriously. Your assumption that it 's Pakistan proving a point against India is all very fine. It suits us too. If Pakistan takes the necessary actions, then we move forward on the basis that we have a partner on whom even a limited amount of trust can be placed. If it does not, so be it. We are in no hurry to get back to business as normal. It suits us as the status quo power to allow you to drag on for as long as you chaps want to drag it out for. We are in no hurry to have more pointless meetings & talk over matters like Siachen & Kashmir. As far as I see it, there is no downside here for India.The world believes us, not you. Even the Saudis seem to think so. Heads we win, tails you lose!

This is exactly why I believe that the Indian government is wrong in wasting its time providing dossiers to Pakistan when Pakistanis including their courts are going to give scum like Hafiz Saeed the "benefit of doubt" like you have.

The whole trial is a charade, a brazen display of support for terrorist & terrorism directed against India. Pakistan simply had no jurisdiction to try a a case for a crime committed in Mumbai, India. If the trial was for conspiracy to commit a crime, it follows that Pakistan should rustle up the evidence (since ostensibly the conspiracy was hatched in Pakistani & India could not be expected to provide evidence on that) & the fact that the only refrain from Pakistan has been that Indian evidence is either literature or insufficient etc.. is proof that Pakistan has neither any interest nor desire to prosecute the Mumbai conspirators. No amount of "whitewashing" will help here.
Indian and pakistani Govt's are smart enough to play this charade on people.For GOP it cant even move a cup without army's nod which is biggest patron and protector of L-e-T and for GOI which is spineless this charade suits it well to show people its doing something and in the end make GOP as sacrificial goat like they did during assam/mumbai/riots and exodus from bangalore.GOI may not have spine to force PA but it sure has bania brains to pull wool over indian public eyes.I would trust rehman malik anyday if i ve to make choice between his statements or the UPA's statements on 26/11

@Joe Sir,Pride

Thanks for clarification.I was not sure about anything of that .only came to observe it when my i used to go to temple with my parents pujari used to ask for "gotra "as you said before.never had any idea about kanya kubj brahmin etc.

@ajtr

You pronounced me an incorrect type of Brahmin.

I will have to go to Mehrgarh and report you to the Gods over there.

Trying Hafeez Saeed in a Pakistani court is the biggest joke ever, especially when the Govt of Pakistan has so much to lose if he is convicted guilty. If I go to America and commit murder there, I would be tried for the murder case in an American court, not an Indian one. Same with Hafeez Saeed.

I think the government of Pakistan will gain a lot of praise from the world if he is convicted. The court decisions are based of facts and evidence and not loss of face or gains achieved.

I am not a lawyer, but in my opinion if a crime is committed in another country and the evidence and the facts are proven, a person can be sentenced. It can also be different in different countries as per their constitutional edicts. But then this is my opinion and I am not an expert in this field.

@ajtr

You pronounced me an incorrect type of Brahmin.

I will have to go to Mehrgarh and report you to the Gods over there.
My mistake Braham maharaj.Gods already put me through hell fire for insulting his best creature on earth ie brahmin.

Regardless of Indian "evidence", what was Pakistan basing its case against the accused on? What jurisdiction did Pakistan have to try a case for a crime committed in India? If the conspiracy part was to be charged, who should have provided evidence? India?

Your courts are a joke which is why they wanted to send a commission to India. What for? To question whom? What jurisdictional powers do Pakistani courts have in India? What cross questioning were they planning to do? What was the basis that they wanted to question Kasab on? What value would a testimony of a convicted murderer in India have on a trial in Pakistan? Would speaking to Indian witnesses & police officers help in nailing people on a conspiracy case in Pakistan?

Your commission was a laugh from the moment go. The only reason New Delhi agreed to the visit was to prevent you from using that excuse. It could not prevent that because once here , the commission made demands which were not included in the original agreement on what it could or could not do. Essential a grandstanding exercise. Your courts then rule that the statements have no value because there was no cross examination something that was known even before the commission came to India. What cross examination? For more grandstanding?

Your judicial system may be the wall behind which you people seek to hide, that is of no concern to us. No one in India believed or believes now that Pakistan will take this matter seriously. Your assumption that it 's Pakistan proving a point against India is all very fine. It suits us too. If Pakistan takes the necessary actions, then we move forward on the basis that we have a partner on whom even a limited amount of trust can be placed. If it does not, so be it. We are in no hurry to get back to business as normal. It suits us as the status quo power to allow you to drag on for as long as you chaps want to drag it out for. We are in no hurry to have more pointless meetings & talk over matters like Siachen & Kashmir. As far as I see it, there is no downside here for India.The world believes us, not you. Even the Saudis seem to think so. Heads we win, tails you lose!

There is no world government in these nation state environment, which will listen to cries of help of Indian people and punish Pakistan.

The nation states believe in their own interests and not what the people of the world or of a particular country believe in.

In this real-politik world, the fact remains that India's geopolitical position is weak and is not going to improve much by possessing an increased economic prowess or military wherewithal.

Most of you Indians believe like arrogant upstarts, that with enhanced economy India will be able to do whatever it desires.

The world doesn't function this way. And the world will not go to war against Pakistan just to please the Indian public or Indian government.

You can conduct your own trial and punish the people involved.

Pakistan will do whatever is just for its own people and not because India or its people demands it so.

You carve your own identical twins on both sides of the coin and remain happy with calling same heads and same tails. This will continue producing more of the same and never a winning combination.

My mistake Braham maharaj.Gods already put me through hell fire for insulting his best creature on earth ie brahmin.

Don't commit such mistake again @ajtr.

Unfortunately whenever there is an effort from Pakistani side for friendship, Indians insist on marriage! Unfortunately, there are people who still cherish the dream of Akhand Bharat. I once saw Vajpai reciting his pathetic poetry and cursing Pakistanis for betraying the mother (United India), Seriously! Get a life! British had fought hundreds of states and dynasties to establish their rule over subcontinent, and when they left, it consisted of two states, there was no partition!

Your post has to be amongst the best. But i've noticed some indians i met on wikipedia and youtube are opening their minds and no longer buy into this myth of "one people divided by the british"

They told me it was widespread in india, but they don't buy it. But great post. very well reasoned.

Back
Top Bottom