What's new

Can a Muslim say "Merry Christmas"?

Please do post any relevant external links... I got to know more about it!!

Here is what Zakir Naik has to say.

407206_312603462105672_177413585624661_1016466_1225375964_n.jpg

I am just curious to know that, is saying "Merry Christmas" a crime of some sort in Islam.

I mean no offenses to hurt anyone's emotions or any religious sentiments.It was this muslim girl that apparently wrote "Merry Christmas" on her FB wall and then all hell let loose on her.

P.S.:I sincerely apologise if this thread has hurt the beliefs of anyone and if so mods do feel free to delete the thread.(But please do not bann me!:unsure:)

Regards and Merry Christmas to all PDF members.:yahoo:

And why do you care? Trying hard to isolate us? :tdown:

Here is what Zakir Naik has to say.

407206_312603462105672_177413585624661_1016466_1225375964_n.jpg

Zakir naik sahib even those who celebrate Xmas admit that 25 December is not date of birth of jesus(PBUH). I dont know how saying happy birthday mean you agree with beliefs and aqeeda of that person. Saying Merry Xmas has nothing to do with agree with trinity or any other beliefs of Christians. Its simply celebrating the coming and message of Jesus(PBUH) . We should remember actions judge according to intentions :)

And why do you care? Trying hard to isolate us? :tdown:

I dont care a damn about anything!! I just came here to learn something more for the sake of knowledge.

I didnt quite understand your second question, perhaps I am too young to understand narrow minded airheads who drag down everything to discrimination and disparities.

I dont care a damn about anything!! I just came here to learn something more for the sake of knowledge.

I didnt quite understand your second question, perhaps I am too young to understand narrow minded airheads who drag down everything to discrimination and disparities.

Seeking knowledge, eh. Exposed your cheap intention. Didn't I. We are aware of Indian intention and mission. :azn:

Zakir naik sahib even those who celebrate Xmas admit that 25 December is not date of birth of jesus(PBUH). I dont know how saying happy birthday mean you agree with beliefs and aqeeda of that person. Saying Merry Xmas has nothing to do with agree with trinity or any other beliefs of Christians. Its simply celebrating the coming and message of Jesus(PBUH) . We should remember actions judge according to intentions :)

Let me ask you?

If none Muslim greet you with Assalamualaikum, do you reply with waalaikumussalam or just Walikum. :undecided:

Seeking knowledge, eh. Exposed your cheap intention. Didn't I. We are aware of Indian intention and mission. :azn:

I would rather let you and your words go above my head, rather than understanding what relevance does it make!

---------- Post added at 03:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:44 AM ----------

Let me ask you?

If none Muslim greet you with Assalamualaikum, do you reply with waalaikumussalam or just Walikum. :undecided:

I would rather reply Hello...

i just got off the phone with a colleague to wish her a very happy Christmas....OF COURSE Muslims can say Merry Christmas. Christmas is the birthday of Hazrat Issa (PBUH) --a respected figure not just for Christians but Muslims as well.

in fact, I encourage all of you to wish your Christian friends, neighbours, etc. a Merry Christmas. . .

---------- Post added at 02:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 AM ----------

Isn't it a shirk(i dont know what it is)?(no offenses meant)

please update your knowledge

Where did you get the banner of Zakir Naik from? I mean anyone can make a banner that can be convincing.

Jesus Christ (P.B.U.H) was a great Prophet in Islam if any muslim does not Believe in Jesus Christ (P.B.U.H) he/she is not a muslim.it is okay to happy christmas but i think one cant merry christmas because i think i heard about it some where nedds to check it out.but we can say happy christmas i am sure because i think merry got some other meaning

Webster dictionary defines "merry" as

1. full of cheerfulness or gaiety; joyous in disposition or spirit
2. causing happiness; pleasant; delightful.

Just say HAPPY HOLIDAYS, and move on with your lives.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom